2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Man Utd 0:3 Tottenham New
All our hope is him suddenly delivering a 20-25+ goal league season. We are quite screwed

All our hope is him suddenly delivering a 20-25+ goal league season. We are quite screwed
The fact that we are putting all of this hope on an unproven young CF is nuts. Not even Wayne Rooney had such high hopes of him. We'd usually give our young forwards 2-3 seasons to bed in, before having such expectations.

Speaks volumes as to how far our organizational aspect has plummeted that we don't have experienced strikers to mentor the young ones.

Reactions: Fortitude
The fact that we are putting all of this hope on an unproven young CF is nuts. Not even Wayne Rooney had such high hopes of him. We'd usually give our young forwards 2-3 seasons to bed in, before having such expectations.

Speaks volumes as to how far our organizational aspect has plummeted that we don't have experienced strikers to mentor the young ones.
Correct. It’s very unsustainable

He had one touch in 30 minutes?!

Said this when we signed him but remember people being so defensive and dismissing such a notion. It is ridiculous that we made an unproven player our number 1 forward.

he came on at 73 so not quite 30. Anyway, we’re surely not blaming him for this game?

Well including injury time around 23 minutes. why would he be blamed for the game? Just think it's horrible that he had only one touch.

He is a bad footballer, lacks the touch and movement to be a top player.

Just do not have any faith that this lad is the answer. Understand he’s only coming back but he just doesn’t have the deftness of touch or the cleverness to convince me that he’s going to be a top player. Liam Delap yesterday for Ipswich looked like a better hold up player. Another very questionable signing apparently driven by the recruitment team.

I still think we should have sold him.in the summer before he got injured again and then put the money towards a proper 20-30 goal a season striker

I still think we should have sold him.in the summer before he got injured again and then put the money towards a proper 20-30 goal a season striker
You think we'd have got any sort of fee back for a guy we only bought for a huge fee 1 year ago?

He is a bad footballer, lacks the touch and movement to be a top player.

Watch this from his debut season at the age of 20 and see if you really stand by what you said. It just makes you look clueless.

Watch this from his debut season at the age of 20 and see if you really stand by what you said. It just makes you look clueless.

Don’t you think someone could make a YouTube compilation of say, Anthony Elanga, looking as good as that? It doesn’t mean he should be leading the line for Utd.

Don’t you think someone could make a YouTube compilation of say, Anthony Elanga, looking as good as that? It doesn’t mean he should be leading the line for Utd.
First of all, you didn't watch the compilation, so why bother making that post? And no, they probably couldn't. Thirdly, I never said he should be leading the line, although he definitely has the potential to do that eventually. The poster said he was a bad footballer. Are you a bad footballer because you can't lead the line for United at the age of 20/21?

First of all, you didn't watch the compilation, so why bother making that post? And no, they probably couldn't. Thirdly, I never said he should be leading the line, although he definitely has the potential to do that eventually. The poster said he was a bad footballer. Are you a bad footballer because you can't lead the line for United at the age of 20/21?

Weirdly aggressive response, pal.

My response was about the worthiness of YouTube puff pieces, and their use as a tool for identifying whether someone is good enough.

As for the ‘bad’ footballer bit. It wasn’t me that used that term, but I’d assume they meant ‘bad’ within the context of what would normally be expected of a Utd striker. i.e. if you could somehow put all Utd strikers in order of ability, he’d be in the bottom third. The top third would be good, the middle third would be average. That’s how I would interpret what they are saying: I may be wrong though. I don’t think anyone is suggesting that a professional footballer is genuinely bad at football. Every single premiership forward is excellent, and in the top fraction of a percent obviously.

Last edited:
Weirdly aggressive response, pal.

My response was about the worthiness of YouTube puff pieces, and their use as a tool for identifying whether someone is good enough.

As for the ‘bad’ footballer bit. It wasn’t me that used that term, but I’d assume they meant ‘bad’ within the context of what would normally be expected of a Utd striker. i.e. if you could somehow put all Utd strikers in order of ability, he’d be in the bottom third. The top third would be good, the middle third would be average. That’s how I would interpret what they are saying: I may be wrong though. I don’t think anyone is suggesting that a professional footballer is genuinely bad at football. Every single premiership forward is excellent, and in the top fraction of a percent obviously.
It shows quite clearly that he isn’t a “bad” footballer - not relatively even. If you saw United last season you know how few chances we created for him so it’s quite impressive that he scored a decent amount of goals for a dysfunctional team. Also, it’s only one season so the video shows that most of the criticism of him is bull**** or at the very least very much over the top.

He’s young and he’ll improve, but he already has the whole package to be a very good center forward except for heading. Yes, it would’ve been perfect if he had had Kane to learn from, but he is very good in his own right. We just need to play to his strengths and he’ll be showing what he is capable of more consistently.

I won’t engage with someone that watches YouTube compilation to draw their conclusion. I watch united every as with the rest of the other guys that have commented.
You appear as some red tinted fan who sees what they want to see

I won’t engage with someone that watches YouTube compilation to draw their conclusion. I watch united every as with the rest of the other guys that have commented.
You appear as some red tinted fan who sees what they want to see
Ah yes, I definitely watched a 10 minute compilation to draw my conclusion. It's not like I've watched every United match of him playing. I find your comment how you watch United games like the other guys that commented on him very amusing. So, everyone that criticises him here is watching full matches with their own eyes, but the ones that disagree with you and think he is a decent player with great potential don't, and base their conclusions from compilations? :lol:

You said he was a bad player. I countered with the compilation because it seems you've forgotten his performances. In that video there are 16 goals, 2 assists and a bunch of other great passes that should have been assists, nice hold up play, strength, pace and power and excellent finishing. This is him at 20 years old in his first season in PL and CL, playing for a dysfunctional United with limited supply for himself. Clearly he is a very good player.

Højlund is just the favorite punching bag for some United fans for some reason. He has played a total of 42 minutes this season so far, is on his way back from injury and playing in a poor side. No wonder he's not pulling up trees.

It's totally valid to think Højlund isn't and won't be good enough to lead the line for us - I tend to agree with that. We probably overpaid for a pretty immature player with a ceiling that might not be as high as it should be. But to come in with the whole "Just one touch against Spurs" is a bit ridiculous considering what kind of team and situation he entered. I want to see him be fully fit and play the full 90 minutes, preferably in a team that's a least semi-functional, before passing judgement.

No, not necessarily a bad footballer for that reason alone, but the transfer fee the club paid and the fact he was quickly thrust into the starting lineup as soon as he was fit (he was injured when we signed him) strongly suggests the club believes he's ready.

No, not necessarily a bad footballer for that reason alone, but the transfer fee the club paid and the fact he was quickly thrust into the starting lineup as soon as he was fit (he was injured when we signed him) strongly suggests the club believes he's ready.
The club, under Glazers, made more shocking decisions than not, and this is one of them. It has nothing to do with him and he isn't the one to put the blame on for that. He is a good, young striker with the potential to be very good, and should be treated like that, not some world class striker in his prime with plenty of PL experience, no matter how much he cost or what the club thought of him at the time.

FC Porto 3:3 Man Utd New
Scored a goal, but wasn’t involved apart from it. Maybe a pass to Casemiro near the 6 yard box, but it was a difficult angle.

That said, still better than Zirkzee, and Rasmus is not yet fit after an injury

hw5maDr.jpeg

Standards etc.

Getting torn up on Reddit/Twitter etc for this post

Last edited:
Some clumsy touches, a well-taken goal, and a few good moments. Very mixed bad. Good step towards confidence and fitness hopefully.

I don't think Zirkzee looks any better, so we will probably still rely heavily on Højlund.

His touch goes to shit when he's knackered. Good otherwise for his first start back.

I mean it is rather tone deaf.

I still don't see any improvement in his game, his off ball movement still leaves a lot to be desired, forget the technical ability.
You don't see any improvement in a player that has been out injured and played a whopping 100 minutes since he came back. Well, that is just a very rational thought you got there! Brilliant. His off the ball movement is how he scored his goal today.

Great to see him scoring. Finally a confidence booster for him!