View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Aston Villa 0:0 Man Utd New
He plays so annoyingly like a ghost.

It's not just for us, it's for Denmark aswell.

It genuinely feels like we play like 10 men.

Hopefully he can grow and at least be a Klose type of striker who can atleast make up for his deficiencies.

Watkins and Hojlund, 2 entirely one dimensional strikers. Where are the quality 9's these days, are they all trying to play from the wing?

He plays like a second choice/youth striker, rather than our number 1 striker. Just doesn't seem to have that edge to be a truly top goal scorer for us.

Looked like a boy playing with men. Doesn’t contribute enough fo§r me and his first touch is often poor.

I got laughed at for suggesting neither he or Zirkzee will get 10 goals or more in the league this season, an no more than 15 between them. I’m thinking 10 between them will be a stretch. fecking useless under this manager.

Nothing against the kid, but if he was an academy lad being given a go you wouldn’t have much confidence in him being the main man at United in the long term. Not at all.

Wait till he is 25 and he'll be mint. Time is a great healer for a bad touch.

Can't believe our options upfront are Hojlund and Zirkzee. £100m down the drain. I hate Ten Hag and the idiots who sanctioned such reckless spending

It's staggering that a player of his limited quality went for what..? 50 million? Doesn't even look like a footballer.. couldn't control a beach balloon

Wait till he is 25 and he'll be mint. Time is a great healer for a bad touch.
It's funny how often we hear players/managers will improve with time. Yet 11 years later absolutely nobody has improved at this club

I try not to shit on him too much because he cares and the expectations from him were always unrealistic, but imagine if our rivals signed him for such amount and to be their main striker with no other goalscorers in the squad. We’d be laughing our assess off

I wish a signing would prove me wrong from my first impressions just for once.

He's never going to have the quality on the ball required for us. So poor.

Another one who was utter shite today. As much as I like him, I like United more and if he can't improve he needs to get the feck out next summer.

Another one who has a shite first touch aka inconsistent. Half our team is filled with these useless guys who are barely able to control a ball half the time.

Can't believe our options upfront are Hojlund and Zirkzee. £100m down the drain. I hate Ten Hag and the idiots who sanctioned such reckless spending
And some fans wonder why we are midtable? It is because we have midtable players. At best.

I got laughed at for suggesting neither he or Zirkzee will get 10 goals or more in the league this season, an no more than 15 between them. I’m thinking 10 between them will be a stretch. fecking useless under this manager.
Got 10 in the league and 16 total last season so I would expect at least the same this term. He needs to work on his weaknesses but in the meantime it would help if we actually played to his strengths like a competent team would. We create so few chances, minimal crosses into the box, greedy players like Garnacho shooting from impossible angles instead of squaring it to Rasmus when he is wide open. Hopefully the next manager will get the team playing as a unit.

Awful first touch, awful second touch too, mostly.

He's a player who won't thrive here unless there's a system to carry his deficiencies so he can play off of players as opposed to players playing off of him.

The team shape naturally points towards a false 9 to play in-between the spaces and allow the wingers to get in behind.

It's why when Zirkzee features the team creates more chances due to the exposed spaces, but as a function I refuse to critique some of our players playing under such an inept manager.

Got 10 in the league and 16 total last season so I would expect at least the same this term. He needs to work on his weaknesses but in the meantime it would help if we actually played to his strengths like a competent team would. We create so few chances, minimal crosses into the box, greedy players like Garnacho shooting from impossible angles instead of squaring it to Rasmus when he is wide open. Hopefully the next manager will get the team playing as a unit.

His goal total has never been the concern, his shit touch and body control with back to goal is far more of a problem.

He's a lot of bluster and nothing else.

I grew up with Yorke and Cole, Sheringham and Solskjaer. I can vaguely remember watching Mark Hughes score some incredible volleys. Chuck in Rooney, Van Persie, Cantona, Ronaldo, Tevez, Van Nistelroy etc.

And now with have this guy as Manchester United's number 9.

Dear God.

I’ve said this from a couple of months into his first season, he’s a genuinely terrible footballer. His lack of technique & first touch is just horrific.

He’ll score goals and can be effective as he has pace and power and a good shot on him. But beyond that he’s just got nothing.

I just don’t see how he’s ever going to become a top player with such massive deficiencies in his game. He’s a poor man’s Lukaku.

Last edited:
Good shout @Bobski

Hojlund and Watkins today...if they are top CF's then wow football really is void of talent up front these days.

Blast ten 60 yard passes at him and 10 at anyone on Redcafe and I'm fairly sure the amount each would control would be quite similar.

People talk about potential and this and that but that first touch simply isn't good enough for this level of football and I wonder what kind of scouting was done on him to deem it suitable.

I’ve said this from a couple of months into his first season, he’s a genuinely terrible footballer. His lack of technique & first touch is just horrific.

He’ll score goals and can be effective as he has pace and power and a good shot on him. But beyond that he’s just got nothing.

I just don’t see how he’s ever going to become a top player with such massive deficiencies in his game. He’s poor man’s Lukaku.
It’s true and while I fully expect him to improve in regard to positioning etc as most players do when they mature, but rarely it happens that a player makes a massive jump in technical skill

Very annoying that we're absolutely desperate for pace and strength in the team, then when we finally sign a player who has both it turns out he has the technical ability of a League 1 player.

Also very poor at using his strength and one of the worst aerial 9's in the league despite being 6'3.

I grew up with Yorke and Cole, Sheringham and Solskjaer. I can vaguely remember watching Mark Hughes score some incredible volleys. Chuck in Rooney, Van Persie, Cantona, Ronaldo, Tevez, Van Nistelroy etc.

And now with have this guy as Manchester United's number 9.

Dear God.
See, this is where the rose tinted spectacles come into it. I grew up with these players too and they all had strengths and weaknesses and played their fair few stinkers during their time here. With the passage of time they have all become flawless in the memory but the memory cheats. Watch some full 90 games from the 90’s and all of the above will have games where they can’t get even the basics right. You can add in the fact that practically every name you mention there had 5 or even in some cases 10 years more experience when we signed them than Rasmus does.

I am not a time traveller so I have no clue what will happen in the future but I am far from giving up on a 21 year old player when history shows us that the vast majority of great players don’t peak until their late twenties and many of them at 21 were still playing reserve football or kicking around the lower leagues. Rasmus is being expected to look like the finished article at an incredibly early stage of his development whilst playing in an incredibly disfunctional team under a clueless manager. That is the definition of having the deck stacked against you.

Good shout @Bobski

Hojlund and Watkins today...if they are top CF's then wow football really is void of talent up front these days.

Even Haaland is robotic and dull; an embodiment of modern football.

Luckily for England and general fans of proper players, Liam Delap is looking like the new Shearer and goes to war with the opposition as well as having a lot more to his game than just numbers. His development will be interesting over the next few years.

Hojlund was massively overpriced, and I thought a late bid for Toney that took Rasmus to Brentford on loan for a couple of years would have made sense for all parties. A loan is the only way I feel to salvage something from the kid, because as it stands he’s struggling massively.

We haven’t tried one game where we set up purely for him. It’s not working with the way it is now, with us set up for the benefit of Rashford and Bruno, who are underperforming too massively. We either try something different or we’ll get nowhere. ETH religiously sets us up the same way week after week expecting different results.

He’s got to try Højlund with Zirkzee, or play Eriksen in the Bruno role, maybe Højlund on the right where he can go inside and outside and Amad through the middle.

The manager is setting the team up to fail week in week out. They’re all struggling.

It was obvious that he wasn't a goalscorer from his time in Atalanta, and I don't think that was the reason why we signed him.

Looked like he'd fit ten Hags style of football but we are yet to see what that is. And I'm not sure he fits that as well.

Will be an alright second or third choice striker one day.

We all agree he's no Haaland...the first touch is poor, and the finishing is questionable for a top class striker...but where on earth is the service? He goes LONG stretches where nobody is ever looking to put him through on goal. The guy is working but our wingers are so selfish and predictable that they are always thinking of shooting and our midfield only loves to pass backwards or sideways. Never has a striker in a top club been so devoid of service.

Saw enough last season to be convinced he's a really talented striker we should show patience with. He is one who needs service though, which we haven't been providing a lot this season.