Rasmus Hojlund Denmark flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Purely your opinion. I think he will be a regular 20+ goal a season striker for a top club for the next decade based on what
I have seen and what he has already achieved. Scoring 16 goals in 43 games as a 20 year old for United is pretty impressive to me, when you factor in that he missed time with injuries and was playing in what had to be the worst United team in decades it looks even better. Consider where some of the greatest strikers in the world were in their development at the same age and he is well ahead of the curve.

Now I can admit that it is still only my opinion and maybe he never improves on his obvious weaknesses and ends up moving on but I just cannot take seriously all of the posters in here stating that in their armchair opinion it is a proven fact he is not good enough so early on in his career when there is still so much time ahead of him.
He is a decent player, but in my opinion he will not develop into a top player such as Rooney or RvP. Not worth 72m. I hope to be proven wrong but he lacks top level technical ability. Still young of course.

Sad to see opinions sour on him. Hope he picks up some form and continues to develop.

I know we chuck the word embarrassing around like confetti here but the OTT reaction of some here is legitimately embarrassing. Just back from a long injury, young, and still only his second season.

I remember drogba early doors was being called a donkey by all and sundry at Chelsea. He was older too. Not to say hojlund will get there but those writing him off should take note.

Way too early to write him off. He has shown glimpses of brilliance and can only get better if he can stay sound.

The injuries though are a huge concern and could mean he never fully develops, like Jones.

Way too early to write him off. He has shown glimpses of brilliance and can only get better if he can stay sound.

The injuries though are a huge concern and could mean he never fully develops, like Jones.

Yeah I'm far more worried about the soft tissue injuries he's had than his actual play at the moment, because he's too raw to be also forced to miss games consistently to injury as well. Needs to be availble.

I like the kid but I don't know what way he's gonna go. He has good pace, strength and is a good finisher of the limited chances that are created for him.

But I always worry about a player beset by injuries at such a young age, it will adversely affect his pace and strength and he doesn't have the technical skills to compensate for it.

He also looks like a player the rusts very easily when he's not playing and takes weeks to get up to speed and get his touch back. Some players can come right back in and look like they've never been away, but Rasmus ain't one of them.

Poor kid, his manager has no idea how to nurture him. Ole wouldve turned him into a goalscoring machine.

Bebe mk2.

Fast, strong, but not much else.

I suppose Hojlund is likeable. If that counts for anything.

Sure because Bebe scored 16 goals for United in his first season. Dreadful take:

Playing style. I don’t think Hojlund will succeed here. I do like him and legitimately hope to be proven wrong, but he just looks clumsy and ultimately doesn’t offer much outside of being very likeable. £72m (I think that’s how much?) is an awful lot of pennies for what we ultimately got.

Also, since you’re so inclined, we could argue stats and goals per minute, but I rather just use my own eyes on what players contribute to the team. Stats are a load of shite with so many influencing variables. Also, I doubt goals per minute there is much difference, anyway.

What’s dreadful is you trying to use stats to back up your opinion. You’d probably do well to verify premier league goals per minute prior, mind. As said, I doubt there is much difference.

For the record, not trying to say Bebe was good. He was shite too. Just he didn’t cost a fortune and was a low risk gamble.

Playing style. I don’t think Hojlund will succeed here. I do like him and legitimately hope to be proven wrong, but he just looks clumsy and ultimately doesn’t offer much outside of being very likeable. £72m (I think that’s how much?) is an awful lot of pennies for what we ultimately got.

Also, since you’re so inclined, we could argue stats and goals per minute, but I rather just use my own eyes on what players contribute to the team. Stats are a load of shite with so many influencing variables. Also, I doubt goals per minute there is much difference, anyway.

What’s dreadful is you trying to use stats to back up your opinion. You’d probably do well to verify premier league goals per minute prior, mind. As said, I doubt there is much difference.

For the record, not trying to say Bebe was good. He was shite too. Just he didn’t cost a fortune and was a low risk gamble.
What are you on about? Rasmus scored 10 in the PL last season and had the best shot conversion rate of any player in the league. Bebe played twice for United and never scored. You doubt there is much difference? Sure, they are about as different as a 1985 Skoda and a new Porsche.

What are you on about? Rasmus scored 10 in the PL last season and had the best shot conversion rate of any player in the league. Bebe played twice for United and never scored. You doubt there is much difference? Sure, they are about as different as a 1985 Skoda and a new Porsche.
I’m sure he scored a couple of goals for us in limited game time? I could be wrong. I also stated who gives a shit about stats. I can see with my own eyes. I could’ve used any of our failed strikers, I just grabbed Bebe, as he shares similar physical traits to Hojlund.

Let me reiterate: I want Hojlund to succeed. I really do. But I just think he’s clumsy and laboured in everything he does - and cost a hell of a lot of money in a position we desperately need quality in, not unproven potential.

Last edited:
Jhon Duran is twice the player and cost a third.
Twice the player but somehow Aston Villa fans are torn about him. Yeah, right. Also the same striker that failed to do anything noteworthy against Wycombe Wanderers the other day.. well, until he scored a penalty. He really isn't more developed than Højlund, he just has a habit of scoring crazy goals. So did Asensio - until he didn't.

I’m sure he scored a couple of goals for us in limited game time? I could be wrong. I also stated who gives a shit about stats. I can see with my own eyes. I could’ve used any of our failed strikers, I just grabbed Bebe, as he shares similar physical traits to Hojlund.

Let me reiterate: I want Hojlund to succeed. I really do. But I just think he’s clumsy and laboured in everything he does - and cost a hell of a lot of money in a position we desperately need quality in, not unproven potential.
It would be a valid argument if there were quality strikers available.

I don't think there are many 20 year old strikers recently that scored 10 open play goals in their Premier League debut season and then another 5 in CL? Looking clumsy isn't the same as being clumsy. He can definitely improve, but match rhythm is important for getting that sharpness, and some of his injuries have really hindered him in getting that. Hopefully it is just growth related, because he really has the raw tools to be a great striker. Not Lewandowski or Suarez level, but a very good one.

You say strong and tall. Now tell me how he is using those traits. Do you remember a game when he bullied defenders with his strength? Do you remember some of his headers?
He bullied Saliba in his debut for us and should’ve had a penalty for it. He often draws two opponents because he’s hard to contain, we’ve just been very bad at exploiting it. Really, it’s not debatable that he’s strong and tall and as usual you conveniently ignore the point I was making (that it’s normal for players of his stature to develop later than others) - whereas I actually answer yours once again.

Heading is his only real weakness. I’ve said that from the start, wonder why you bring that up again? Oh, forgot your not really interested in exchanging views.

Bebe mk2.

You forgot one: Clinical finisher. Quite the most important and sought after skill for a striker, wouldn’t you say?

Btw, he’s also a good passer as shown numerous times last season - he’d have some assists if Garnacho and Bruno hadn’t wasted the big chances.

He is a decent player, but in my opinion he will not develop into a top player such as Rooney or RvP. Not worth 72m. I hope to be proven wrong but he lacks top level technical ability. Still young of course.

Rooney & RvP are too high of an aim to expect Rasmus to reach it.

If he can be fit, play regularly and score more than 15+ league goals a season, that would make him an excellent striker, the club obviously overpaid but he is still 21 and there is every chance he develops into 15+ league goals a season striker.

Bebe mk2.

Feck me you lot are so embarrasing.
I hope Rasmus leaves. He has regressed so much since joining United after being on a fantastic trajectory. Ten Hags lack of any kind of system ruins players and we finally had a promising striker for the national team.
Højlund needs to be in a team with a manager that can actually set up a team to create chances.

Have to say I’m worried about this guy. Looked out of his depth at the Euros and his cameos for us this season have been dire. Hard to see any player with his first touch becoming an elite striker.

Denmark as a whole was terrible due to a terrible manager. We look a different team now with a different manager.
United has the same issue.

Denmark as a whole was terrible due to a terrible manager. We look a different team now with a different manager.
United has the same issue.
I wonder why!!!!!

Not many danes really rates Højlund, only becauce he is less shit than the other options... And please stop with the hate thing, noone here hates Højlund, people just thinks that he is just not good enough, that has nothing to do with hate..

I also wonder why FCK fans were more sad to see Orri Oscarsson leave than Højlund

And btw Højlund scored alle his goals under the same shit manager, but now Højlund doesnt score, its the managers fault

Last edited:
Don't think he'll become a top striker for us, hope he proves me wrong but I don't see it.

Twice the player but somehow Aston Villa fans are torn about him. Yeah, right. Also the same striker that failed to do anything noteworthy against Wycombe Wanderers the other day.. well, until he scored a penalty. He really isn't more developed than Højlund, he just has a habit of scoring crazy goals. So did Asensio - until he didn't.
Would Duran being obviously eager to leave in the summer not have contributed to that, don’t think it’s unfair to call Duran a bigger talent at all (wasnt unfair with Isak last season either)

Reminds me of Lukkaku to be honest. I think he will get good scoring numbers through his career (If he stays fit) but will always divide opinion.

He also seems to have this tag as a big man that needs crosses..... Even though it's obvious he actually wants the ball fed through channels with him running on to it, or pull backs. Lukkaku also has this labelled at him a lot just because he's big, even though it's not his game.

Two short substitute appearances and the bashing has already resumed. Will be a long season.

I have concerns about his overall ability too, but I think it will be interesting to see an actual #9 in this team now. Hope he is fit enough to get a start soon.

I know we chuck the word embarrassing around like confetti here but the OTT reaction of some here is legitimately embarrassing. Just back from a long injury, young, and still only his second season.

I remember drogba early doors was being called a donkey by all and sundry at Chelsea. He was older too. Not to say hojlund will get there but those writing him off should take note.

Agendas, my friend.

He's a potentially a decent hustle and bustle centre forward but I don't think he'll be anything more than that.

I never get the sense we look more of a threat when he comes on.

With Zirkzee you'd think a chance would open up but with Hojlund I don't get that feeling.

Reminds me of Lukkaku to be honest. I think he will get good scoring numbers through his career (If he stays fit) but will always divide opinion.

He also seems to have this tag as a big man that needs crosses..... Even though it's obvious he actually wants the ball fed through channels with him running on to it, or pull backs. Lukkaku also has this labelled at him a lot just because he's big, even though it's not his game.
Even with his deficiencies, Lukaku's a far better centre forward.

He does look best running at defences and sweeping the ball high into the net or arriving onto cutbacks or balls across the box, we don't really seem to get in that groove of play. Watching him before he came here I said he didn't have the agility speed of turn to shoot and makes things happen, at best he can lay the ball off simply. It looks a struggle for him leading the line, overcrowded and lacks the edge in ball control.

Our whole attack is a muddle though, expensive hope.

Even with his deficiencies, Lukaku's a far better centre forward.
To be fair, a lot of Lukaku's issues stem from his personality. He comes across as unlikable, blameless and rates himself far better than he actually is. These aren't really concerns with Hojlund.

If Hojlund were to essentially develop to become a more humble and selfless Lukaku then I'd be pretty happy with that. I personally don't think he has it in him to be an elite forward, but the club had been successful in the past with having players of his profile in the squad.

Nah mate, Cathy Ferguson off the Internet says it's true.

The number of posters that confidently post their own opinions as if they're objective truth never ceases to surprise me.
If chatGPT can do it, so can we!

His touch has looked horrible since coming back, however, it seemed to improve markedly last season before he got that unfortunate injury. There were games when he was on that scoring spree where his touch was immaculate so I'm hoping there's something to work with there, just because he has shown it in stretches.

He may just be one of those players that takes a while to pick up form.

I wonder why!!!!!

Not many danes really rates Højlund, only becauce he is less shit than the other options... And please stop with the hate thing, noone here hates Højlund, people just thinks that he is just not good enough, that has nothing to do with hate..

I also wonder why FCK fans were more sad to see Orri Oscarsson leave than Højlund

And btw Højlund scored alle his goals under the same shit manager, but now Højlund doesnt score, its the managers fault

I know plenty of danes who rate Højlund. I also couldnt care less what AGF or FCK fans think.

Yes he scored despite the system. He received the worst service in the league yet had the best conversion rate of any striker in the league. Yet you have moronic takes in here that he isnt clinical.