Rasmus Hojlund Denmark flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
You don't see any improvement in a player that has been out injured and played a whopping 100 minutes since he came back. Well, that is just a very rational thought you got there! Brilliant. His off the ball movement is how he scored his goal today.
Being out injured doesn't mean that he can't improve over the course of a summer. He played in the Euros, you know. No need to be condescending. There were multiple moments today where we crossed the ball into the box and I'm not sure where he was.

Has a lot of raw ability. His touch is a bit questionable at times, though. Maybe the general team play isn’t getting the most out of him, though.

He'll keep getting better from here on in. Seems to have a pattern to his game after coming back from an injury and his off the ball game if the last component that improves

I could be remembering him through rose colored glasses, but I thought his touch when dropping deep to hold things up and link things was good, to quite good. But everyone is right to point it out and now that I am thinking about it I notice it all the time, how the ball bounces off him 5 yards away, constantly. And its been like this since he returned for the Euors.

So, am I just remembering it wrong and his touch has always been bad, or is it in a temporary slump in form as he takes a while to return fully from injuries?

Every time he tries to turn around the defender his left arm bends at 90 degrees almost like he needs a weight on one side to keep him up from falling.

First start this season, calm down

Being out injured doesn't mean that he can't improve over the course of a summer. He played in the Euros, you know. No need to be condescending. There were multiple moments today where we crossed the ball into the box and I'm not sure where he was.
I'm not trying to be condescending. I think he is getting way too much criticism and fans have ridiculous expectations of him. You can't be the full package at 21, and I'm not sure there are any players in the world that improve without match rhythm. 10 minutes here, 19 minutes there, you can't significantly improve based on that. He needs 5+ games where he plays near full games to get into some sort of rhythm, especially having been injured.

Shouldn't be too hard on him, anyway. We're not going anywhere or developing players at a decent level as long as Ten Hag is in charge.

We have two specialized strikers, with their own unique strengths/weaknesses. A player combining their skillset would probably be a good striker.

Unfortunately, I dont think either of them is good enough to be our long term #9.

I have nothing but good feelings about Rasmus. He is going to be great if we can set up the MF behind him for support.

Touch is sometimes off, but can be put down to rustiness, 18 (I think) goals last season in an awful team.

Got lucky with the goal.

Some of his movement and positioning arpund the box left a lot to be desired. Played a great ball across that I thought Amad should have got to had he been more alert.

That insta post has pissed me off. I mean talk about reading the room.

Injured yet again so misses the most important part of the season then posts that shite after scoring a fecking crap goal

Prove me wrong but he’s yet another complete waste of money

Injured yet again so misses the most important part of the season then posts that shite after scoring a fecking crap goal

“A fecking crap goal” :lol: get a grip.

“A fecking crap goal” :lol: get a grip.

:lol: admittedly that part wasn't needed but the post is just ridiculous

'yo guys we've been shit and the managers about to be sacked but look what I've been doing for the past 6 weeks!'

:lol: admittedly that part wasn't needed but the post is just ridiculous

'yo guys we've been shit and the managers about to be sacked but look what I've been doing for the past 6 weeks!'
I kind of agree, but also tend to take these player posts with a huge grain of salt. For all we know he has some guy that manages his social media profiles for him. Not trying to absolve him of any blame for it, but a slightly ill-advised Instagram post is the least of our concerns right now. At least he actually delivered something on the pitch.

I think he was showing frustration at being injured no? And is pleased to be back and scoring. I don't have a problem with it.

The caf is pretty insufferable when we’re poor. Some of y’all need to go outside and stop thinking about football for a bit.

Lord only knows why, isn't the kid allowed to enjoy moments of personal success. Guy hasn't scored for since last season. Certianly wasn't his fault we can't defend, have no midfield and our tactics are so easy solve and the Manager isn't able to change them during the game.

hw5maDr.jpeg

Standards etc.

Getting torn up on Reddit/Twitter etc for this post
He edited that after the initial backlash. The first post didn't have the last sentence.

These morons are disconnected from the reality

He’s injured again?

Hoping he starts against Villa. He's a good striker IMO, we just need to get the best out of him.

It was a really good goal last night, he starts the move with a really good knock down, good movement and a good strike to finish.

Got lucky with the goal.

Some of his movement and positioning arpund the box left a lot to be desired. Played a great ball across that I thought Amad should have got to had he been more alert.
Hit it first time, hard, at the target. Luck had nothing to do with it. If we had a few other players in the squad capable of the same we would have at least 6 more points right now.

He deserves a chance under the next manager, as crap as he's largely been. I think there is potentially a good finisher in him.

Hit it first time, hard, at the target. Luck had nothing to do with it. If we had a few other players in the squad capable of the same we would have at least 6 more points right now.
Well he was fortunate that Costa had a bit of a mare. It's a routine save for most keepers.

Hoping he starts against Villa. He's a good striker IMO, we just need to get the best out of him.

It was a really good goal last night, he starts the move with a really good knock down, good movement and a good strike to finish.
Yeah I’m surprised so many are shitting on him today. Thought it was a very good goal, sure it probably should have been saved but the snapshot near post without taking a touch and the power he got on it was excellent.

Well he was fortunate that Costa had a bit of a mare. It's a routine save for most keepers.

Could argue that, but it was hit hard at close range which contributed to Costa deflecting but not stopping the shot. I guess you make your own luck and after watching multiple chances go to waste in recent games because of tame efforts from close range, I am looking at you Zirkzee, I feel credit should be given for executing the basics right.

In general Rasmus seems to be a punching bag for a lot of people in here which seems mental considering his age and the fact that he actually seems to be a very likable character. Most of the worlds top strikers were nowhere their peak at 20/21 but he seems to get a massive amount of hate for not being prime RVN from day 1. He has things to work on no doubt but he also has seem real strengths, knowing what to do with a good shooting chance being foremost amongst them which is something you cannot say about almost every other member of this side.

Yea, he has very good execution rates. Yesterday he had few very nice build up interactions as well. I tend to think he’s better with a bit of space so far.
Yeah whoever is telling him to try and wrestle with CB’s constantly like he’s Chris Wood needs to stop tbh. Hes too gifted athletically to be bogged down in that when he could be constantly threatening in behind

Could argue that, but it was hit hard at close range which contributed to Costa deflecting but not stopping the shot. I guess you make your own luck and after watching multiple chances go to waste in recent games because of tame efforts from close range, I am looking at you Zirkzee, I feel credit should be given for executing the basics right.

In general Rasmus seems to be a punching bag for a lot of people in here which seems mental considering his age and the fact that he actually seems to be a very likable character. Most of the worlds top strikers were nowhere their peak at 20/21 but he seems to get a massive amount of hate for not being prime RVN from day 1. He has things to work on no doubt but he also has seem real strengths, knowing what to do with a good shooting chance being foremost amongst them which is something you cannot say about almost every other member of this side.
You’re fighting admirably in here. This thread never ceases to amaze me. Yesterday he scored and should’ve had a beautiful assist for Amad where he shrugged off and outran a defender while controlling the ball at high pace to make a perfectly accurate pass. Yes, he has a bit more trouble with his first touch with an opponent on his back than last season, but that’s not surprising for a player his size after an injury.

I struggle to get onboard with this thread. Højlund has been badly handled here and had too much dumped on him too young. It was patently obvious that he needed a veteran to either share the load, or have the burden of dependency whilst he learned his craft with controlled, unpressurised PT, like we used to be the best in the world at under SAF.

As things stand, it would have been better for him to have a loan elsewhere where he got to play every game and hone his game without the intense pressure and spotlight. He gets slaughtered for ever error and misstep here because people want an article who is considerably more advanced in their game. It points to an awful squad management that we have two wet behind the ears players as rotation options, yet Højlund is bearing unreasonable amounts of criticism for not being a polished player, well yeah, we bought a kid with a huge amount of development to do, what did people expect?

He’s got a lot to work on, but when will he get the chance to work on that in a flailing, incoherent team with a manager fighting for his life?

I struggle to get onboard with this thread. Højlund has been badly handled here and had too much dumped on him too young. It was patently obvious that he needed a veteran to either share the load, or have the burden of dependency whilst he learned his craft with controlled, unpressurised PT, like we used to be the best in the world at under SAF.

As things stand, it would have been better for him to have a loan elsewhere where he got to play every game and hone his game without the intense pressure and spotlight. He gets slaughtered for ever error and misstep here because people want an article who is considerably more advanced in their game. It points to an awful squad management that we have two wet behind the ears players as rotation options, yet Højlund is bearing unreasonable amounts of criticism for not being a polished player, well yeah, we bought a kid with a huge amount of development to do, what did people expect?

He’s got a lot to work on, but when will he get the chance to work on that in a flailing, incoherent team with a manager fighting for his life?
Sensible post. I have to add, though, that even if he were 28 and came with loads of goals in the bag much of the criticism here would still be senseless. For example, established and elite strikers miss sitters all the time, but get so many opportunities that it goes more or less unnoticed. Hojlund has barely missed one single big chance while he’s been here. The only one I recall was the header in the FA Cup, I think. Some have even criticized his lack of pace, even though he was our fastest player last season.
I hope Bruno, Garnacho and Rashford will get their head out of their own behinds and begin to find him more often. Cause yes, he actually does make some good runs every game.

It was crazy to put that much responsibility on him in his first season in the PL. Poor planning on our part but also due to Martial being injured. He is a good talent but not a 70m player, yet...

Yeah whoever is telling him to try and wrestle with CB’s constantly like he’s Chris Wood needs to stop tbh. Hes too gifted athletically to be bogged down in that when he could be constantly threatening in behind
It’s a very useful strengs when he is receiving the ball back-to-goal as a target man, if Romelu Lukaku knew how to that as good as him, he might even still be at United. But I agree, when he is running at or inbetween defenders, he seems not quite to have the instinct to create apace between him and defenders.