Rasmus Hojlund Denmark flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
I know plenty of danes who rate Højlund. I also couldnt care less what AGF or FCK fans think.

Yes he scored despite the system. He received the worst service in the league yet had the best conversion rate of any striker in the league. Yet you have moronic takes in here that he isnt clinical.

Wow! Really?!? Early on in the season he was an outlier in terms of missing big chances (I think?). Impressive if he turned it round to that extent.

Wow! Really?!? Early on in the season he was an outlier in terms of missing big chances (I think?). Impressive if he turned it round to that extent.
In the second half of the season he had the highest conversion rate. Think it was circa 45%.

He needs to improve his instincts but I am hopeful that with Amad and Zirkzee on the pitch (ideally at the same time) we have two very adept creators who should be able to put chances on a plate, to take advantage of Hojlund's excellent finishing.

The last page or so of discussion based on two post-injury cameos has been some of the lowest quality dross I've ever read on this forum :lol:

Would Duran being obviously eager to leave in the summer not have contributed to that, don’t think it’s unfair to call Duran a bigger talent at all (wasnt unfair with Isak last season either)
Maybe, but I don't think it is the primary reason they're torn on him. The way he strikes the ball is ridiculous, but other than that and aerially he hasn't got much else that is superior to Højlund, so claiming he is twice the player is just hyperbole. If he was that good, he'd get picked up by other teams from DC or even this summer. Apparently Villa had rejected €40m bids. Why would any serious club bid €40m for a supposedly world class talent?

He comes with attitude problems if I understand it correctly as well, so not exactly a bonus or something we need in our squad.

Isak is a completely different matter, and he is vastly superior to both players.

I know plenty of danes who rate Højlund. I also couldnt care less what AGF or FCK fans think.

Yes he scored despite the system. He received the worst service in the league yet had the best conversion rate of any striker in the league. Yet you have moronic takes in here that he isnt clinical.

Then why do you need to make things up??

Then why do you need to make things up??
You are the one that makes things up.

1) You claim not many Danes rate Højlund. That is hilariously inaccurate, and you know it.

2) You claim he isn't better than his days from FCK. In FCK, he couldn't get into the team, but for United he scored 15 goals (no penalties) in his debut Premier League and Champions League season at the age of 20. Clearly you can see the difference?

3) You are implying FCK fans were more sad to see Oskarsson based on him being better than Højlund which is just wrong. They weren't sad because he didn't make the step up, but now he did. Not every player follow a linear development.

You come across as really angry and bitter, I don't know why but you genuinely seem to have a huge dislike for a player who has had only one season for us, did pretty decent and is a massive United fan. Just a weird look.

Feck me you lot are so embarrasing.
I hope Rasmus leaves. He has regressed so much since joining United after being on a fantastic trajectory. Ten Hags lack of any kind of system ruins players and we finally had a promising striker for the national team.
Højlund needs to be in a team with a manager that can actually set up a team to create chances.
Excellent players will shine regardless of system, or they will show evidence why they are good.

I rate him, he has the tools, the injury came in a bad moment, during 1st game of pre-season so it kinda derailed him, he'll be back on form soon enough, ignore the drama in this thread.

Excellent players will shine regardless of system, or they will show evidence why they are good.

I rate him, he has the tools, the injury came in a bad moment, during 1st game of pre-season so it kinda derailed him, he'll be back on form soon enough, ignore the drama in this thread.

Ah so thats why Chelsea Havertz and Arsenal Havertz are exactly the same....

Feck me you lot are so embarrasing.
I hope Rasmus leaves. He has regressed so much since joining United after being on a fantastic trajectory. Ten Hags lack of any kind of system ruins players and we finally had a promising striker for the national team.
Højlund needs to be in a team with a manager that can actually set up a team to create chances.
It would be better if he learned how to stop hiding behind defenders.

Hes been far more than useful at Arsenal
sure, and they won what with him being far more than useful?

I mean I could say players like Son and Kane are more than useful surely as they have been top quality for Spurs despite not winning anything, or someone like Watkins helping AV qualify to UCL with his goals, Haavertz didn't acheive much with Arsenal aside from coming 2nd in the league, he is useful, but he is not as important or as good as their defence, Rice, Odeegard or Saka.

Sorry for derailing the thread.

We should get you to teach him about movement, I'm sure he'd learn a lot.
Should probably get the people paid to do it on it instead. Or we could stick our head in the sand and pretend everything is just swell.

sure, and they won what with him being far more than useful?

I mean I could say players like Son and Kane are more than useful surely as they have been top quality for Spurs despite not winning anything, or someone like Watkins helping AV qualify to UCL with his goals, Haavertz didn't acheive much with Arsenal aside from coming 2nd in the league, he is useful, but he is not as important or as good as their defence, Rice, Odeegard or Saka.

Sorry for derailing the thread.

But this has nothing to do with the argument? Havertz has been a far better player for Arsenal than he has for Chelsea. Regardless of how much they have won or not.

The problem with threads like this, in fact, the problem with the modern fan is that everyone is self serving. I don't get the impression that as United fans we back the players we sign, the manager we sign, etc because they are United and all of our goals are for the team to succeed, regardless of who is filling those roles. There are a few players we have signed in the last few years that I didn't particularly want, and some haven't worked out, but as a United fan the moment a player signs for United my goals and their goals align, success, and we are in it together until we aren't. And even the ones that failed, what do I get by pointing out they failed? Nothing, we just move forward and try again, because the reality is about 50% of signings fail.

With the modern fan, and it's probably just a certain section of those fans, the priority is player. I don't read this thread of rather nasty criticism of a very young striker, still adapting to a league and doing it at probably the hardest club in the world to play for and think these people are giving him a fair chance and providing constructive feedback. No, I am reading the comments of the people that wanted us to sign Osimhen and wanted us to sign Laturo Martinez, etc and are bitter we choose someone over their favorite player, and they will look for every opportunity to find evidence to back their claim, every mistake or shortcoming is magnified as proof these fans were right and everyone who wanted Hojlund was wrong.

The Ugarte thread is similar, although much more egregious, I have never seen the kind of vitriol directed towards a brand-new signing before he's barely had a chance, and reading these horrible comments and then reading these "fans" try to justify why they can completely judge a player and write him off because of less than 200 mins of football. Again, these aren't proper United fans, these are Onana fans and Neves fans and we didn't sign their dream player and now we have to spend the next 4 or 5 years watching them look for every morsel of evidence to try and prove themselves right.

He’s a quality squad player and youngster with good potential

As so often is the case with us, the problem was his price tag and our unbalanced squad planning

Why? Because I have an opinion that does not align with yours? On a discussion platform?

We’ll see how he ends up towards end of season. I genuinely hope to be wrong.
No, because you just called Højlund Bebe mk.2 like it was an opinion up for discussion.

Opinions are like arseholes mate, we all have them, except yours seem to be particularly covered in shit.

If you want me to take you seriously then offer something serious to discuss.

No, because you just called Højlund Bebe mk.2 like it was an opinion up for discussion.

Opinions are like arseholes mate, we all have them, except yours seem to be particularly covered in shit.

If you want me to take you seriously then offer something serious to discuss.
I don’t need/want you to take me seriously. You’re irrelevant.

I additionally said I used Bebe as an example due to sharing similar physical traits. I could’ve picked a plethora of our failed strikers.

I want Hojlund to succeed. I just think he’s not good enough, and certainly not for the outlay. I’m within my rights to have that opinion. I’m of no doubt there is players I rate, that you do not. Opinions, arseholes, and all that.

I don’t need/want you to take me seriously. You’re irrelevant.

I additionally said I used Bebe as an example due to sharing similar physical traits. I could’ve picked a plethora of our failed strikers.

I want Hojlund to succeed. I just think he’s not good enough, and certainly not for the outlay. I’m within my rights to have that opinion. I’m of no doubt there is players I rate, that you do not. Opinions, arseholes, and all that.
I think it's pretty much because you made a stupid and deliberately inflammatory comparison with a player who was clearly not United's standard. Bebe scored 2 goals for us. Hojlund scored 16 in a dysfunctional team in his first season.

Lukaku MK2? Perhaps a fair comparison. His touch needs work and there are real questions on whether he can push on to be a truly high level striker. But Bebe is just a silly thing designed to rile people up. It isn't a real or serious contribution to the debate.

There is no doubt that Hojlund, even if he wasn't successful here, could go back to Italy or France or Germany and be a 20-25 goal per season striker (minimum) in his prime. I think he'd probably bang in 30 in Portugal like the new hotness Gyokeres too. Whether he can do that in the PL remains to be seen.

Yeah Hojlund scored 16 last season while Havertz who played so many games only scored 14 and didn't win a single trophy.

But this has nothing to do with the argument? Havertz has been a far better player for Arsenal than he has for Chelsea. Regardless of how much they have won or not.
Fair enough, he did better at Arsenal as a player.

On Rasmus though, I still think his potential is great, and I think his ability will shine regardless of the manager or style being played.

The killer for Rasmus in all of this debate is the price tag. If he had cost say £30m it would have been seen as a good investment on future potential.

For £70m + you're looking for finished article, or pretty damn close to it. And he definitely isn't that yet!

He has what two sub appearances and this place is already writing him off. This place is fecking toxic.

He has what two sub appearances and this place is already writing him off. This place is fecking toxic.
Well he played for us last season and he did ok-ish in my opinion. My main concern is his lack of technical ability. But not his fault that we made him first choice striker wo much top league/PL experience.