Rasmus Hojlund image 9

Rasmus Hojlund Denmark flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

They will need to figure out a way to manage him, or maybe have him doing yoga. Second hamstring injury since he's been with us, and third muscle since he signed. I'm getting worried now.

He's a pretty massive lad, who runs his socks off. He probably just needs to calm down a bit tbh.

He is too much injured for my taste. 2 hamstring injuries, muscle injury and back injury in 12 month.
Also, as last season showed, he is struggling to last 90 minutes on the pitch.

Now, is it him or our training regime, that is big question.

He is too much injured for my taste. 2 hamstring injuries, muscle injury and back injury in 12 month.

Yet he played pretty much every game for Denmark in the Euros without any issues.

He really needed a good preseason. Likely another stop start season for him. Too injury prone.

If Zirkzee makes a decent start he might struggle to get back in. Although I expect we're going to start the season with Bruno at 9.

We all want him fit, but you can’t know if he’s injury prone or just unlucky yet. Really need another year or two to tell

For me, the unavailability is only my 2nd worry.

My biggest concern is regular injuries will take away his biggest physical attribute, his pace. Not that I think he'll be slow overnight, but maintaining the electric pace is important if he's ever to become a top player.

We've seen how lethargic Rashford looks these days compared to his younger days, so many injuries have caught up with him. I feel like we've been unlucky over the years with players losing their top speed at an age where they should still be at their peak.

If you remember Giggs was the same at that age. Players with pace will always be prone to hamstring pulls. Some of the rest are down to his body size. He’s a big lad with pace. He may pick up more niggling injuries when he’s young.

Need another striker. I personally don't think we can trust Rasmus not to be injured

2 weeks of proper training over the international break hopefully brings him closer.
But like others we shouldn't even dream of bringing him back until past even the slightest risk point.

Anyone else think it's a bit weird that we've posted 6 different tweets within an hour or so just to tell us Rasmus is nearly back? He's only missed 3 games.

Looks like the next game is the last he’ll miss so that’s better than expected. Nearly two weeks to train at carrington during the international break too. Nice

Looks like the next game is the last he’ll miss so that’s better than expected. Nearly two weeks to train at carrington during the international break too. Nice
Hopefully. That'd be good to have him back in time for the cups kicking in and more games.

Please tell me he's not part of Danish squad. Hate when players who are barely fit are called up anyway with the risk of aggravating the injury.

He should be able to get himself back to fitness during the international break, really needs to start showing that he can be trusted to stay fit and lead the line now.

Will he be involved in some capacity v Saints?

Zirkzee will probably be given another start or two to try and find form and confidence with Rasmus coming on for him or Rashford or even Bruno if he keeps going the way he is. There’ll be plenty of minutes, I hope he’s eased back in and he hits a few more goals this season, that’s all we can ask. I fancy him to do really well in the EL and that will almost certainly bump his numbers up past last years tally

Disappointed he's not involved tomorrow, seen something on another Utd forum about Erik saying he has osteogenesis imperfecta but that's gotta be BS

Disappointed he's not involved tomorrow, seen something on another Utd forum about Erik saying he has osteogenesis imperfecta but that's gotta be BS
Must be, that's brittle bone disease. There's no way that Rasmus has that surely to goodness!

Starting to worry he’s a bit injury prone. This is the season where he has to show us he can be our future #9… Otherwise we have to try and get Sesko or Osimhen.

Starting to worry he’s a bit injury prone. This is the season where he has to show us he can be our future #9… Otherwise we have to try and get Sesko or Osimhen.
He’s not been out injured that much. When he joined he was nursing a back injury. Played a bunch, had a small injury that interrupted his scoring run and now this is an injury he got during pre season.

He’s not been out injured that much. When he joined he was nursing a back injury. Played a bunch, had a small injury that interrupted his scoring run and now this is an injury he got during pre season.
A hamstring injury, at that. Unsurprising considering the intensity he was running at during the match.

Still would like to see us sign one of them anyway