Rasmus Hojlund image 9

Rasmus Hojlund Denmark flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

Was really gutted to see him go off.

He, and the team, started well and was really enjoying it. Hojlund's (and then Yoro's) injury, and bringing Hannibal on as a false 9 instead of just giving Wheatley more minutes than planned, meant we pretty much struggled after that and looked toothless.

Really hope it's nothing serious. Absolutely nightmare scenario that our injury crisis from last season would continue into this. Really worrying match in that regard.

played whole euro just fine. Came back to United just 10 minutes and it happened

Hopefully it's a case of Hojlund feeling it tightening and wise enough to take precautionary measures.
If that's the case it's going to be 3-4 weeks. I mean you -can- play after 2 weeks but if you do you risk being out for months. So there's a limited chance he makes it for the first game of the season in my mind, unless we are desperate, and to honest that means he won't have a pre season. Real shame.

Edit: must add that this is all doomy conjecture unless there's anything further from the club.

If that's the case it's going to be 3-4 weeks. I mean you -can- play after 2 weeks but if you do you risk being out for months. So there's a limited chance he makes it for the first game of the season in my mind, unless we are desperate, and to honest that means he won't have a pre season. Real shame.

Edit: must add that this is all doomy conjecture unless there's anything further from the club.
I wonder if it's the same injury last preseason with Atalanta. Best we take our time with it and make sure this doesn't happen again. He's clearly the sort who needs to be slowly bedded in during preseason.

Fingers crossed Zirkzee goes through preseason without any issues. He'd be my starter anyway, with Hojlund the impact sub.

Great to not only see him on the scoresheet, but also make a good run and get on the end of a cross. I’m so desperate for this guy to be the real thing, and we fecking deserve it too, don’t see why anyone we sign HAS to always underwhelm. Him becoming a high volume goalscorer would make us a real competitive team. Going back to where we were the season before last, it was largely thought that a goalscorer was the missing piece.

After last season we are all overly nervous anytime a players goes down or has to come off early.

Fingers crossed Rasmus just landed awkwardly and was under instruction to not push himself in his first pre-season game.

Falling like flies in pre season now. Does not bode well.

Exactly right. I was once lucky enough to speak to a physio at a professional club in Germany, and he explained to me that at a minimum, a player should always miss at least 3 weeks for the most minor hamstring pull. It’s basically 3-8 weeks for most hamstring injuries. It basically puts Holjund back in line for the second game of the season, but it would be optimistic and risky to even consider him for the first game.

It's increasingly looking like he was substituted just as a precaution. Thank god. Hoping for good news on Yoro as well.

That Tweet has gone, it took my short lived optimism with it

Is it only me who dont like the friendlies against Arsenal, Liverpool etc? Always more intensity, feelings and tackles than we need in a preseason.

Nice! that's positive.

After last season everyone in squad should be under strict instruction to stop the second they feel anything.

If his hamstring had gone or he'd pulled it I don't think he'd have been casually strolling about discussing it with Rashford and Co in no discomfort at all, so was hopefully based on that it was just precautionary.

Not something you'd risk playing on with in pre season if you feel it at all.

Is it only me who dont like the friendlies against Arsenal, Liverpool etc? Always more intensity, feelings and tackles than we need in a preseason.
After last years win in the preseason over Arsenal... I fully expected them to come out more aggressive towards us and they did. I'm not totally convinced in the pre season friendlies and how they actually help us. With our injuries last year.... I am skeptical to play any game we dont really need to.

After last years win in the preseason over Arsenal... I fully expected them to come out more aggressive towards us and they did. I'm not totally convinced in the pre season friendlies and how they actually help us. With our injuries last year.... I am skeptical to play any game we dont really need to.

The way people go on about pre season games on here, it seems people expect that the team should start the season after playing no warm up games, just in case someone gets injured.

I thought his goal vs Arsenal showed exactly the type of striker he is.

He wants to run in behind the defence, often called as a channel running striker to overrun the defenders and finish off chances a bit like the speedy version of Michael Owen.

He no doubt has poaching ability aswell but im unsure if whipping alot of crosses in to the box is actually the best way to gain his maximum potential.

I'd really like to see Rashford & Hojlund in a wide striker partnership with Zirkzee as a False 9 playing in a narrow front 3 because both Rashford & Hojlund want to get behind the defence simply to score. Letting them focus on that solely whilst Zirkzee is focused on interlinking them is probably the best way i see of unlocking Hojlund's potential as a left footed forward.

This does mean we would be playing a very narrow almost 4-3-1-2 shape i think that was used by R Madrid last season with Rashford and Hojlund being our forwards whilst Zirkzee plays almost the Bellingham role for us.

Garnacho & Amad can add more width if we need to change to a more wider classic 433 with two inverted wingers instead of using two inverted strikers.

I wonder if it's the same injury last preseason with Atalanta. Best we take our time with it and make sure this doesn't happen again. He's clearly the sort who needs to be slowly bedded in during preseason.

Fingers crossed Zirkzee goes through preseason without any issues. He'd be my starter anyway, with Hojlund the impact sub.
Wasn't his pre-season injury last year his back? From what I remember it was some sort of fracture but that doesn't sound right, maybe a strain of some sort. He had a hamstring injury in November

The way people go on about pre season games on here, it seems people expect that the team should start the season after playing no warm up games, just in case someone gets injured.
I'm not against the games... but getting your roster players hurt in preseason doesnt do anything for your team during the season. I know dangerous tackles and injuries are part of the game, but we can do better prep work than that without loosing our best players.

I thought his goal vs Arsenal showed exactly the type of striker he is.

He wants to run in behind the defence, often called as a channel running striker to overrun the defenders and finish off chances a bit like the speedy version of Michael Owen.

He no doubt has poaching ability aswell but im unsure if whipping alot of crosses in to the box is actually the best way to gain his maximum potential.

I'd really like to see Rashford & Hojlund in a wide striker partnership with Zirkzee as a False 9 playing in a narrow front 3 because both Rashford & Hojlund want to get behind the defence simply to score. Letting them focus on that solely whilst Zirkzee is focused on interlinking them is probably the best way i see of unlocking Hojlund's potential as a left footed forward.

This does mean we would be playing a very narrow almost 4-3-1-2 shape i think that was used by R Madrid last season with Rashford and Hojlund being our forwards whilst Zirkzee plays almost the Bellingham role for us.

Garnacho & Amad can add more width if we need to change to a more wider classic 433 with two inverted wingers instead of using two inverted strikers.

Not just that but his second run that almost resulted in a second goal for him felt very much like he'd been rehearsing premeditated runs with Ruud.