Rasmus Hojlund image 9

Rasmus Hojlund Denmark flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

Why not sort that out before the new kits go on sale for next season?
I'm guessing they'll process refunds/exchanges for those unlucky enough to have jumped the gun. At least I think they have in the past? (I remember the club refunding Greenwood shirts shortly after he got suspended.)

Why not sort that out before the new kits go on sale for next season?
This isn't really a thing though is it?

Not saying it shouldn't be, but this isn't anything new and quite standard every summer.

I think Zirkzee said he’d either be 9 or 11. (Might be remembering that wrong)

I think Mount will keep the 7 unfortunately
They're not going to take a number off of a current squad member. Mount will be 7 now until he's no longer a United player

They're not going to take a number off of a current squad member. Mount will be 7 now until he's no longer a United player
Well players sometimes give it up, or let it go. Valencia and Cavani spring to mind just for the number 7 shirt alone.

Can’t see Mount doing the same though

Well players sometimes give it up, or let it go. Valencia and Cavani spring to mind just for the number 7 shirt alone.

Can’t see Mount doing the same though
Valencia is a fair point, he apparently gave it up as he didn't like the pressure that came with it. I guess Mount might do the same, but feels unlikely.

Cavani didn't want want to give it up, Ronaldo wanted it though and so the club asked him to. By some accounts he was not happy about it...

Valencia is a fair point, he apparently gave it up as he didn't like the pressure that came with it. I guess Mount might do the same, but feels unlikely.

Cavani didn't want want to give it up, Ronaldo wanted it though and so the club asked him to. By some accounts he was not happy about it...

They did same to Martial giving Ibrahimovic the number 9

I think Zirkzee said he’d either be 9 or 11. (Might be remembering that wrong)
Yeah, he had 11 before 9 at Bologna. Although I'd like him to have 20 for the three extra rhymes it would give us for chants.

Rasmustaz is our new number nine, which will match the amount of goals across all competitions he'll score next season.

Mount should never have been given that number 7️⃣ shirt it was a shit move by the club.

Mount should never have been given that number 7️⃣ shirt it was a shit move by the club.
“7” and 250k per week, more than our captain, for a squad player is indeed laughable, but this has nothing to do with Hojlund?

Im not surprised he’s been given “9”, he’s our main striker and the club banks on him becoming a top player.

He is in my FPL team. So this year i will criticize him even more. :)
He better deliver this year.

Rasmustaz is our new number nine, which will match the amount of goals across all competitions he'll score next season.
In a shit season with shit load of injuries he scored 16 goals. By my standards, for United first choice no9 that is not enough BUT if he managed that in a season like that then this season he can be only better, he must be better and he will be better.

If not then we will be buy new striker for season 2025/2026. Up to him to deliver.

Depending on how many games he plays, a valid question given the signing of Zirkzee, Rasmus has to have a clear target of between 20 and 25 goals across all competitions this season.

Whilst it is much more important how he fits into the team, and how many goals the team as a collective scores, I expect a leading United number 9 to score at least 20-25 goals a season, and preferably 30+ across all comps. It means we are not only creating enough chances, but that we also have a clinical finisher there to finish them off.

How his tally is viewed this season will largely be determined by how it fits into the team dynamic. If he bags just 15 goals, but the team - with him in it - scores 30 more goals across all comps this season over last, then I’ll be very happy with the 15.

Context matters, and team cohesion and results matter most. That said, I think strikers also have to have a certain single mindedness about scoring goals, in order to be truly great forwards, and in that sense having personal targets is important.

#11 was better :(

I hope Mainoo keeps his number at least. #37 is cool.

Garna should be 7. Zirkzee number 10 anyone?
I would rather keep 7 away from Garnacho for now. Post CR7(2009 onwards) players taking on 7 have not worked out well. Let him mature for another year or two then we’ll see.

Pretty bad defending, but good goal. Nice to see Rasmus taking on the defender.

Such a threat, looked like he was making a pretty calm decision that it was a precaution to me.