View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like him. But he’s got nothing behind him to work with atm. Going to be a tough season of feeding off scraps and putting in an extra shift for others.

It's kind of odd how our supposedly world-class playmaker has barely created a chance for him so far.

So good to have this physical striker again. I'm really happy watching his development.

Midfield found him on a few of his runs through the middle today which is good, hopefully a few more during the game and he'll score from those chances.

Shame that Antony didn't play him through right away on the counter - Højlund was so much faster than the defense, and had to slow his run while waiting for the ball... after which Antony played the ball, and nothing came of it.

But the team should look to make more use of his pace in general.

In old days, with a winger on their strong foot, it would have been a much easier ball.
Instead, for a "wrong" foot, Antony had to either check onto his left and use the inside of his foot, or try a much harder outside of foot effort.

Would have been more surprised for him to nail it to be honest.

It's kind of odd how our supposedly world-class playmaker has barely created a chance for him so far.

How many times to we split a defense open with an outside of the boot through ball or the likes… I mean it’s rare we do that. The manager mentioned we still to the plan and switched the ball side to side to the end. I’m guessing the balls for him to run on to ain’t the master plan but instead by line runs and cut backs which he has profited from as well granted.

Starved for service due to dodgy performances by his playmakers, but he put in a very solid shift. Any pieces of red meat in front of him won't last very long.

Adapting nicely to the Premier League and will get goals as soon as he gets some decent service.

The drag onto his left foot and hit into the side-netting from the left side of the box was a real eye opener. He has so much power and potential. Possibly the best long-term transfer decision the club had made since Rooney.

It's nice to see a kid from abroad who probably had no emotional attachment to United prior to joining reference Fergie time. I hope that saying never dies and is used for generations to come for us.

He's dealing with the physicality of the premier league pretty well. A worry about signing players from the Serie A is them struggling to adap to the pace of the league but he's doing quite well in that regard.

Just wish we could actually create chances for him so he could actually score goals.

It's nice to see a kid from abroad who probably had no emotional attachment to United prior to joining reference Fergie time. I hope that saying never dies and is used for generations to come for us.
He is a United fan, knows all the memes and probably checks the caf from time to time.

No emotional attachment prior to joining? Hes a United fan?

The heart is there and workrate is great but he's really nothing special
Very good back to goal play, great movement, pace, ability on the ball, good decision making, has a very powerful strike and has the ability to get a quick strike off, goal instinct... he's the complete set and has all the tools required to be an absolute beast as a CF. He's also just 20. There are incredibly few physical CFs who have literally anything experience in big leagues at his age, let alone doing well like him, over the past 30 years. Most of them break out at 22 or so.

We barely created anything for him the whole game and he still had a decent game. If everyone else in our team shows at least half of his work rate, we’ll be much higher up the table.

The heart is there and workrate is great but he's really nothing special
What are you even watching? I swear peoples brains have turned to mush because of the likes of Haaland, who is a complete outlier. Guess what, it’s very rare to have a forward at Hojlund’s age who has all the assets and tools that he does, not everybody can be a Haaland or Mbappe. He’s an incredible talent and you must be watching matches with an agenda if you cannot see it, not to say he will fulfil it of course but if you saw that Galatasaray match and thought “nah nothing special” please point me to other similarly powerful, fast, composed and lethal forwards at his age, again other than Haaland or Mbappe. Kane was on loan in the Championship doing nothing at Hojlund’s age.

What are you even watching? I swear peoples brains have turned to mush because of the likes of Haaland, who is a complete outlier. Guess what, it’s very rare to have a forward at Hojlund’s age who has all the assets and tools that he does, not everybody can be a Haaland or Mbappe. He’s an incredible talent and you must be watching matches with an agenda if you cannot see it, not to say he will fulfil it of course but if you saw that Galatasaray match and thought “nah nothing special” please point me to other similarly powerful, fast, composed and lethal forwards at his age, again other than Haaland or Mbappe. Kane was on loan in the Championship doing nothing at Hojlund’s age.

Yup. Even Martial got potential. It's always the potential

I like Hojlund and I don't think he is average, but his speed is just above average, and his power is just enough for him to be a success in the Premiership. He is less fast and less imposing than van Nistelrooy was and the league has gotten much more frantic since then. I do think though, that Hojlund will be our top goalscorer next season.

I like Hojlund and I don't think he is average, but his speed is just above average, and his power is just enough for him to be a success in the Premiership. He is less fast and less imposing than van Nistelrooy was and the league has gotten much more frantic since then. I do think though, that Hojlund will be our top goalscorer next season.

Hojlund is a lot quicker than RVN.

Very good back to goal play, great movement, pace, ability on the ball, good decision making, has a very powerful strike and has the ability to get a quick strike off, goal instinct... he's the complete set and has all the tools required to be an absolute beast as a CF. He's also just 20. There are incredibly few physical CFs who have literally anything experience in big leagues at his age, let alone doing well like him, over the past 30 years. Most of them break out at 22 or so.
I'm not impressed with his first touch though, hopefully he can improve on it. There are times when he tries to receive a pass and he has to then chase after the ball because his touch just screwed him up

He grew up a united fan so his emotions was probably already there. The love between him and club is great to see and the fans will love him for years. Gives his all

Yup. Even Martial got potential. It's always the potential
Take it you’re not Højlund biggest fan for some weird reason? You’d probably rather start Martial up front every week wouldn’t you or you’d of kept Weghorst and started him. Ffs man.

I'm not impressed with his first touch though, hopefully he can improve on it. There are times when he tries to receive a pass and he has to then chase after the ball because his touch just screwed him up
Gee, if you think Hojlund has a poor touch, dread to think what your view is of Rashford, whose first touch is mostly as delicate as a hippo.

For all the talk of Bruno creating so much, Hojlund has has gotten next to no quality service since joining us. Its just aimeless crosses spammed into the box when he's being covered by two CBs. If that is what counts as chance creation then the stat needs to be thrown in the bin because Hojlund's arrival has shown that we are anything but a creative team.

Love this kid. Really hope playing with incredibly selfish (and in certain cases lazy) inverted wingers doesn’t kill his spirit and turn him in a pathetic lump like the rest.

Take it you’re not Højlund biggest fan for some weird reason? You’d probably rather start Martial up front every week wouldn’t you or you’d of kept Weghorst and started him. Ffs man.

Not his biggest fan? Barely knew him last month.

Look. I'm not hating or anything, just let's wait and see how he's doing before praising him to the moon.

Even Daniel James looks great in his first 5 games everyone wanna get credit for finding him. Now nobody wants to be associated with buying him.

Let's just wait. We've been this road so many times

He's got great potential. Can hold off defenders, quick, can head (Relatively anyway), has incredible composure too. Hope stays injury free and gets decent service. Can easily score 20+ goals a season regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.