2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

RORY65

Lukaku was scoring 17 in the PL for WBA at 20.
Lukaku was one of my least favourite United players to watch with his habit of falling apart in big games and the constant moaning at his teammates but it would be a huge result for us if Hojlund ever becomes as good as him. He's got time to develop but Lukaku has been one of the most consistent goal scorers in Europe over the last decade, there's a lot of work to be done before Hojlund reaches that level.

Adamsk7

I can’t believe some of the takes in this thread. He’s their most dangerous player. He’s 21. He scored 16 goals for us at 21. He’s got lots of great raw attributes that are EASY to see IMO. Pace, running in behind, strong and physical and actually I do think he has strikers instincts. Tonight he should have done better with the first chance. The other two he did all he could.

honestly this place

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I can’t believe some of the takes in this thread. He’s their most dangerous player. He’s 21. He scored 16 goals for us at 21. He’s got lots of great raw attributes that are EASY to see IMO. Pace, running in behind, strong and physical and actually I do think he has strikers instincts. Tonight he should have done better with the first chance. The other two he did all he could.

honestly this place
Yup. He was poor in the group stages but has been a real handful tonight. A decent performance let down by a couple of poor finishes. And one thing we know for sure about him is that his finishing is usually decent. So tonight has definitely been encouraging. So weird to see it being used as a rationale for giving up on him.

Bobski

Had a decent game tonight within his own limitations after being anonymous in the group games, been a threat, normally he finishes better.

His erratic touch has to improve.

FujiVice

A horrible indictment of a mans importance in front of goal, when you take him off in a hail mary situation.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Had a decent game tonight within his own limitations after being anonymous in the group games, been a threat, normally he finishes better.

His erratic touch has to improve.
He was trash. Hooked when they needed a goal, summed it up

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Big rest and hopefully that young 21yo who is literally 21 years old and needs time because he’s 21 will have a good season next year.

Swedish_Plumber

Some of the comments from so called United fans are way more embarrassing than any of his performances really.

The clue is in the name. You’re a supporter for a reason.

Bobski

He was trash. Hooked when they needed a goal, summed it up
Trash is hyperbole. Yes, he should probably have scored 1 given the chances he had but getting on the end of chance is actually a rarity for him, so I take that as a positive for him. He had some reasonable hold up play and also some awful stuff, major work required there to bring him to a consistent level and make him less one dimensional.

DownRiver

Am I going crazy?

Has he just switched his attributes since he came to United?

He came in as a deadly striker who would put away 1/2 opportunities that come his way, but would have bad touches and poor interplay.

Now he seems very good at interplay and improved his touch, but his striking ability has gone downhill.

I hope Ruud helps him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Trash is hyperbole. Yes, he should probably have scored 1 given the chances he had but getting on the end of chance is actually a rarity for him, so I take that as a positive for him. He had some reasonable hold up play and also some awful stuff, major work required there to bring him to a consistent level and make him less one dimensional.
I saw very little good from him today. He couldn't hit an easy near post shot on target, he wasn't really trying to win the ball whilst being physical backing into players, he snatched at his chances and offered little to nothing in build-up. I think he was a bit trash.

Havertz for example missed easier chances but contributed far more to the general play.

El Jefe

We’ll be very lucky if he turns out anywhere near as good as lukaku. The guy is literally miles off his level at present.
If he turns out to have the career Lukaku has had then it means he’s squeezed out every bit of his potential.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Yup. He was poor in the group stages but has been a real handful tonight. A decent performance let down by a couple of poor finishes. And one thing we know for sure about him is that his finishing is usually decent. So tonight has definitely been encouraging. So weird to see it being used as a rationale for giving up on him.
I like him but "usually decent" is actually pretty overboard I think. His finishing leaves a lot to be desired, which is hardly ideal.

redom

He needs to manage himself in games a bit better, I think he runs himself into the ground too often. I'm not advocating for him to no longer press and work hard but I just think he needs to be a bit more efficient with his energy levels which in turn could help him when opportunities present themselves. Hope he gets a good rest now.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Poor tournament for him. Hopefully he takes a good amount of vacation and come back recharged. Looks absolutely exhausted