2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Zumbi

Which is why Martial was available on the market, and if he left, we’d have gotten another striker. ‘Well run clubs’ don’t just pile players on top of each other. And Martial has been playing from the second game anyway. His impact has been the bigger problem. We’ve bought one striker, we will buy the second when one is sold/leaves.
Having three strikers, one of whom cannot stay fit, is hardly “piling players on top of each other”. We know Martial cannot be relied upon in terms of fitness nor impact, and we know he is very difficult to shift for those same reasons. Failing to ensure we have adequate cover given those facts demonstrates how poorly run our club is.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
An excellent debut, shame that his touch didn't result in a goal for Garnacho.

eire-red

He's an absolute physical beast. Some nice touches in there too.

Excited to see more.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Really encouraging performance from him. His pace and power was on full display along with his appetite to fight for every ball.

He's a young lad but he definitely fits the profile of striker we needed. At only 20 years old he's an absolute powerhouse already.

It was disappointing we lost the game but I'm confident once Amrabat and Hojlund are upto speed along with the injured players returning, we will go up levels. I just hope ten Hag can integrate Mainoo and Hannibal in the team because we badly needed a ball carrier from midfield today and that would've made the difference. Because the build up from the back was very good we just needed someone in midfield who had the ability to evade pressure on the half turn. I think with Amrabat, Mainoo and Hannibal there's potential for that to develop. I think that will make a noticeable difference.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Good cameo. Liked his physicality. Hopefully he doesn't spend most of his time on the injury bed like Martial

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The club has made the right decision to spend big on him. He really is something special.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Love him. He looked good today. He’s got everything a proper #9 needs.

Bwuk

If he'd started we'd of won.

We had absolutely nothing to hit in the first half with martial upfront.

Syphon Wallet

Says it all about our lack of STs recently
This lad came on and was like a breath of fresh air to our play to have an actual striker than can play with his back to goal as well.
Going to be a huge signing for us

stw2022

He already looks like everything we've been missing. The whole energy of our attack changed each time we went forward. Will feel strange not hoping Rashford avoids his 27th brain fart of the game or praying that Marital forgets he's shite and scores by accident

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Very low bar, but looks like hell be a fantastic addition to our squad. Should very easily dislodge Martial.

Red_toad

Needs to be taking Martian’s place, a genuine dynamic striker. Very m looking forward to him developing understanding with Rashford, Antony & Bruno.

Nickosaur

As worried as we should all be about the defence, going forward Bruno feeding Antony, Garnacho, Rashford and this guy should be entertaining at least.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
As worried as we should all be about the defence, going forward Bruno feeding Antony, Garnacho, Rashford and this guy should be entertaining at least.
Bruno was again in an away game vs a big team. No where to he found

Hojlund looks like the type of striker we have been missing for years

meamth

Feck Rashford today. Rarely raise his head to see where Hojlund was running towards.

Why we didn't take Rashford off is baffling.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Nah that’s bollox. As usual he looked the most likely to create a goal. Most obvious example being Garnacho’s offside goal.
Casemiro and Eriksen got on the ball more and made better passes to forwards Bruno did put Garnacho in in the 88th minute. Don’t remember him getting the ball to the forwards aside from that.

Chip

Feck Rashford today. Rarely raise his head to see where Hojlund was running towards.

To be fair Rashford is the most likely player to pull a Moments™ moment as showcased by his 1-0 goal trailed by Garnacho and Bruno.

So while his general play is crap it would remove our biggest chance of pulling another goal out of nowhere.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This might be the only player performance thread I enter into this international break.

It will be tough to be negative on this kid, but somehow it’ll happen late on in the break. Might have to jettison at that point.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
That was an excellent Christian Vieri impersonation. Reckon if any of his teammates got close, he would try to bully them as well. Also, a lovely touch before Garnacho's disallowed goal.

I like him. Then again, always thought that his position isn't that bad coming after having to witness Weghorst and Martial for months in his place.

RedChisel

Really liked what I saw. He's going to be a handful for defenders. Looks a proper physical specimen.

Dominos

This guy is very physically strong, and we won some 2nd balls after he came on just through him being a physical menace on the 50/50s.

Decent run in behind the defence also for the incident where we wanted a pen, I didn't think it was much in it to be fair but would like to see a replay.

Nice touch of Garnacho's goal also.

Needless to say he has to start next game.

alexanderplatz

When you see a player doing things that have been missing for ages it feels so simple. I hope others up front will learn from him should he keep this up

The Purley King

Needs to be taking Martian’s place, a genuine dynamic striker. Very m looking forward to him developing understanding with Rashford, Antony & Bruno.
A traffic cone would be better than martial…..
But he looked really good today shame he couldn’t start as I think we’d have won or drawn if he had, arsenal weren’t all that

Acquire Me

Strong and powerful this kid. Loved his hold up game. He got some serious pace as well. Defenders are going to hate him.

SAFMUTD

Because he's the only player along with Bruno than can actually score.

Chief123

Huge positives from him today. Some real hope going forward. Refreshing appearance. Caused numerous problems. Those subtle touches are a delight.

CloneMC16

Early days, but I liked what I saw. Seems quite physical and also quick. Looking forward to seeing him play more.

Andersons Dietician

Quite liked that he actually looks like he is willing to fight to get on the ball and has the power and pace to actually do it. It’s just not something Martial or Rashford process but right from the get go he was on Gabriel trying to bully him. Good to see for a change.

fezzerUTD

Shame Rashford fecked up the break and didn’t slide him in for a chance on his left foot.

SAF is the GOAT

Anyone knows what penalty was ETH was talking about that was commited on him ?
Haven't found anything on this

Castia

He’s going to be a good player, first impressions are very good

jadaba

Really excited by that short glimpse of him. In the box, his instinctive runs into dangerous positions when we had possession were just an almost alien sight to behold. Without dunking too much on Martial, when Højlund came on it felt as though we had an extra option for every forward movement. Excellent flick on for Garnacho's ruled out goal, and there was a point where he burst forward from the halfway line while Rashford had it and he showed very impressive pace, didn't realise he had that in his department.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He looks like a bully and I like that very much. What a difference it made having him holding off the defenders and out muscling them.