QF | England vs Switzerland | Netherlands vs Turkey

Saka, Mainoo and Bellingham good first 45. Not sure what's going on with Kane, he looks completely washed. Foden pointless in this team.

fecking hell this montage of Foden.

It's just him passing the ball sideways.
They've already clearly created their agenda, just finding random clips to make the average fan thing he's played well.

I don't get how footballers/teams can ever be satisfied without taking shots. Lots of passing...but you've got to do something fun with the ball. The aim of the game is to score goals. Take some fecking shots.
Teams rarely take risks in the modern game, especially in tournaments. All very passive.

Mainoo shown glimpses, needs to get the ball more.

Apart from that it's been the same old nothing with the usual Saka running at them on the wing tactic.

Pundits are impressed with what they’ve seen. Love Rio as a United legend but he’s a bit clueless.
His Uefa legends interviews have been entertaining. I think he should focus on that.

I just watch England because of Mainoo and Stones never passes to him. Rarely if so. Ignores him all the time. Noticing that since the friendlies.

Kane has once again been disappointment .He may have less of a ego than Ronaldo but he's just as much as a statue uptop. Saka has put in one and two good balls in the box yet Kane is there flat footed.
Foden , Rice, Jude have been good but Saka has been the standout.

bbc salivating over that Foden performance ? :lol: :lol:

Did we watch the same game ?

Mainoo was way better.

:lol: Why the feck are they drooling over this Foden performance? He’s been underwhelming again

My lord. How these lot have done a piece on Foden at half time is quite something. The desperation to propel him to this “level”. Agenda fecking nonsense.

This looks like the exact same England performance we have seen all tournament, what are these nutters talking about?

Credit to Southgate, he's changed the tactics and England look more progressive and better than the Swiss

England looking better. Just lacking that edge in the final third. Switzerland look nowhere near it. England really should be scoring here.

Extra time incoming again. No ones even had a shot on target

Btw, the France vs Portugal game wasn't this bad at the half

It's a matter of taste. England have been technically better but tactically worse, they are strangely disjointed. France is embarrassing with the ball and Portugal are impotent..

Not terrible. We look a lot better out there, the system is more balanced which is helping us. I think we do miss a player in the final third who can take a player on other than Saka. Another really solid outing from Mainoo as well.

Switzerland do look good in attack, our defence has had to work hard today so far.

Scholes was right. Rice is so shit cause he holds onto the ball too long and just plays a sideways pass 90% of the time.

listening to these muppets at the bbc, you'd think we were up 3-0

The reality is we haven't even had a shot on target.

Extremely pragmatic, no overlaps, no risk taking at all.

And yet this is the least boring England game so far at the Euros.

They've already clearly created their agenda, just finding random clips to make the average fan thing he's played well.

Really does feel like that.

They had a clip of Foden getting the ball, turning and then passing it sideways and Lampard was saying " see this is what World Class players do"

What the feck are they on about?

Mainoo's been abit up and down, naturally for a midfielder so young and adapting to the role.

I can see him being replaced as the game goes on.

Lineker...."significantly better....no shots on target.." :lol:

I just watch England because of Mainoo and Stones never passes to him. Rarely if so. Ignores him all the time. Noticing that since the friendlies.
Never really noticed to be honest. I see Walker passes a lot to Mainoo though.

I have not seen one line breaking pass yet. All safe side to side with the odd underwhelming cross sprinkled in. Individual bright spots in Mainoo and Saka but still feels like more of the same overall.

it’s frustrating because you know they are more than capable of it