QF | England vs Switzerland | Netherlands vs Turkey

Mesiah Shaw cannot singlehandedly save Southgate and entire English team. Even having Mbappe, far bigger star and a forward, is not helping France, what do you seriously expect Shaw will do, on his own? Come on

Putting the hyperbole aside, having a left back of any description is a huge improvement on having zero left backs. When they're as good as Shaw can be, it obviously makes a very big difference. England's left flank has been bad enough that I stopped finding it funny.

Celebrated with a political gesture that is banned in Austria and France, but not in Germany. So he had it preplanned and knew he was going to do it especially against Austria.

The Al-Ahli defender celebrated his second goal with a 'wolf salute', a gesture associated with the far-right extremist group Grey Wolves that is linked with Turkey's ruling coalition party the National Movement Party.

Demiral said the salute, which is banned in Austria and France, was pre-planned in case he scored in the last-16 tie.

A 2 match ban is absolutely ridiculous when Bellendingham gets off with a fine.
I read that it's a symbol that Turks used to use over 200 years ago. But im no expert on Turkish history.

I thought he was saying "too sweet".

nwo-too.gif

Mesiah Shaw cannot singlehandedly save Southgate and entire English team. Even having Mbappe, far bigger star and a forward, is not helping France, what do you seriously expect Shaw will do, on his own? Come on
If that’s what you took from the post, you’ve gone off on your own tangent to argue against a straw man, I’m afraid.

The post is self-explanatory, but I’m more expecting Shaw to break down within 20 minutes, rendering anything else stated redundant anyway.

Ok. I’m gonna say it. I’ve been on Englands back every game. But this time I think they’re going to play well. Going for England 2-1. They’ve got to get it together at some point.

Thats France. England try it, but are not as good at it and ultimately are just losers so end up with no trophy, as usual.
Correct.

But England does choke from time to time especially one against Iceland I remember. France choked against Senegal but that was many years back.

England needs to attack more. Not sit back and wait for penalty shootout like against Italy last campaign!

Last edited:
Ok. I’m gonna say it. I’ve been on Englands back every game. But this time I think they’re going to play well. Going for England 2-1. They’ve got to get it together at some point.
Yea I'm probably naively optimistic we will do it. At the end of the day we have some top quality players and if Southgate can fix the 3 or 4 issues with team selection to play the right players rather than his favourites we can get the job done.

That being said Southgate could easily make the same mistakes again and I wouldn't be surprised.

What has happened to Xhaka in the last three campaigns is amazing really.
Gone from being a constant subject of ridicule to one of the top deeplying midfielders in Europe.
What exactly clicked for him?

Gone from being a constant subject of ridicule to one of the top deeplying midfielders in Europe.

Played in his best position and dropped to a lesser quality league

I think he found a kindred spirit in Alonso.

He's going to punish us today - their midfield is probably their main strength and our biggest weakness. I make them favourites, but who knows...

Think he’s finally matured. As far as I remember the Xhaka brothers were pretty big talents when they were younger, so I’d say the potential was always there.

He has that fire inside him but I think during the past few years we’ve seen him finally being able to channel that in a positive way.

Played in his best position and dropped to a lesser quality league
Sure, but he clicked for Arsenal in his final season for the Gunners. Arteta must've done something more outside of just playing him in his favoured role?

Turkey will attack and Netherlands will pick them off comfortably I feel. If England don’t seriously up their performance then Switzerland can get the job done. Upside of England getting knocked out is I do quite enjoy an evening of following the meltdown across media platforms.

The Netherlands result will depend on England. The football gods have decided to help England as much as they can so if England win, Netherlands are losing tonight whilst getting all of Turkey's players booked and injured.

Celebrated with a political gesture that is banned in Austria and France, but not in Germany. So he had it preplanned and knew he was going to do it especially against Austria.

The Al-Ahli defender celebrated his second goal with a 'wolf salute', a gesture associated with the far-right extremist group Grey Wolves that is linked with Turkey's ruling coalition party the National Movement Party.

Demiral said the salute, which is banned in Austria and France, was pre-planned in case he scored in the last-16 tie.

A 2 match ban is absolutely ridiculous when Bellendingham gets off with a fine.
You might want to inform yourself about the topic in question before coming across as a bellend

I think he found a kindred spirit in Alonso.

He's going to punish us today - their midfield is probably their main strength and our biggest weakness. I make them favourites, but who knows...

Our midfield consists of Mainoo, Rice and Bellingham, hardly what many would call weak. Granted they haven’t performed that well ant this tournament yet but on paper it’s a top midfield.

Our defence on the other hand is a complete liability; we seriously miss Maguire and Shaw.

Players that are one booking away from suspension
One booking away from a suspension for the potential semi-final:

England
Bellingham
Foden
Gallagher
Mainoo
Trippier

Switzerland
Freuler
Ndoye
Rodríguez
Sierro
Xhaka

Netherlands
Dumfries
Malen
Schouten

Turkey
Ayhan
Çelik
Güler
Günok
Müldür
Özkan
Yıldız
Çakır

One booking away from a suspension for the potential semi-final:

England
Bellingham
Foden
Gallagher
Mainoo
Trippier

Switzerland
Freuler
Ndoye
Rodríguez
Sierro
Xhaka

Netherlands
Dumfries
Malen
Schouten

Turkey
Ayhan
Çelik
Güler
Günok
Müldür
Özkan
Yıldız
Çakır
Well, if we can't beat Turkey we can at least make the semis for the Swiss or England something of a formality.

You might want to inform yourself about the topic in question before coming across as a bellend

It's a Turkish symbol for pride and victory, that goes all the way back to the sixth century. Just like the swastika it's been commandeered as a political symbol and as such is now seen as being offensive.

Southgate tampering with formation at euros quarters. Whats the point of letting players go to autumn/spring friendlies again?

England XI:

Pickford

Walker - Stones - Konsa - Trippier

Rice - Mainoo

Saka - Bellingham - Foden

Kane
So much for those changes Southgate will make :lol:

UEFA has that as a back three of Walker, Stones and Konsa with Trippier on the right and Saka on the left.

England XI:

Pickford

Walker - Stones - Konsa - Trippier

Rice - Mainoo

Saka - Bellingham - Foden

Kane
So much for those changes Southgate will make :lol:

UEFA has that as a back three of Walker, Stones and Konsa with Trippier on the right and Saka on the left.
That’s what I’ve just seen. Saka as a LWB/LM will be useless. But it could start with that formation then change to the 4-2-3-1