QF | England vs Switzerland | Netherlands vs Turkey

I have not seen one line breaking pass yet. All safe side to side with the odd underwhelming cross sprinkled in. Individual bright spots in Mainoo and Saka but still feels like more of the same overall.

Saka and Mainoo must have some wild thoughts in their heads at HT. 2 kids doing all the work for 9 bottlers...

I fell asleep... what did they do to make Rio and Lineker so excited?

Given the talent in our ranks, it’s staggering how dire we are to watch. Should be used to it as a United fan but this is putting me to sleep!

I thought England were the better team, Switzerland have been very poor. The shape of England looks a lot better.

Would be ironic if England went out playing their best football of the tournament but i'm not seeing much of a goal threat from Switzerland.

England need somebody on the left. That's it really. That's where all their problems start

bbc salivating over that Foden performance ? :lol: :lol:

Did we watch the same game ?

Mainoo was way better.

Decent half. We killed the Swiss enthusiasm off quickly and put them on the back foot.

They are better athletes than their elders but worse at everything else. And I don't think that I'm exaggerating, they can't pass, tackle, dribble, shoot and most of them never take a decent decision in open space.

Counterpoint: due to the amount of physical effort, less space to work with and higher level of opposition, they don’t get to showcase all of that.

What are the pundits saying about the team's performance ? It's about time they rip both GS& the players apart

How do you go into a major tournament with just one recognized LW? Nothing down the left wing. It’s so easy for Swiss to defend.

I’ve been lucky to watch Palace win 6 of their last 7 games playing this formation and the difference is night and day. Being aggressive, winning the ball high, moving it forward as quickly as possible, off the ball runs for days…it took us nearly two minutes to move it from Pickford to their half in the later stages of that half there. Expectations must be extremely low if the pundits think this has been a good half.

International football dying as an entertainment product in front of us. Shearer is soporific on commentary as well.

Hopefully not 120 minutes of this...

England clearly the better team and got to give Southgate some credit as this formation works a lot better. Not quite creating the chances but a lot more threatening.

I’d take Foden off as I think he’s struggled (although the BBC are bigging him up) but the system is working.

If Shaw is fit enough to replace Trippier that would also be a big improvement.

What are these commentators talking about?
Have they been watching the same match :lol: :lol: :lol:

Talking like Foden has been unplayable.

yeah it’s been his best game. Low bar. And he hasn’t really created much. Just tidy

bbc salivating over that Foden performance ? :lol: :lol:

Did we watch the same game ?

Mainoo was way better.

Was thinking the same, odd. Feels like they've prepped it prior to the game even starting.