QF | England vs Switzerland | Netherlands vs Turkey

The 3-5-2 looks a lot better for England. It makes you wonder how he's finally arrived at it now this far in the tournament.

From Switzerland's perspective they just aren't creating chances and are sitting deep.

The Turkish fan march to the stadium has been dissolved by the police, because the Turkish fans constantly showed fascist symbols.

Mainoo's been abit up and down, naturally for a midfielder so young and adapting to the role.

I can see him being replaced as the game goes on.

I think he's been one of the better players but Mainoo looks like from a discipline standpoint he's still harboring the habits of poor coaching from Erik last season with the gulf between the midfield area and the defense.

He's switched on inside the defensive box but just behind the central midfield lines, he doesn't really track runners or read the game but I'm confident he will develop this as he matures.

It's his first breakout season where he realistically played a few months of football. He's massively overperforming taking into account his age and experience.

As stated on the forums before, central midfield is the one position where players peak later in their careers.

Mainoo has been England`s second best player in the first half, so Southgate will probably replace him at the break.

Kane looks like someone who has been on 6 weeks holiday and just come back into pre-season.

He's playing exactly like Rooney did at 2010 World cup. He was coming off one of his best ever domestic seasons but was terrible in that tournament.

Kane simply isn't 100% fit with that back strain he had for Bayern right at the end of the season so he'll just limp through this tournament doing the bare minimum given he isn't going to be subbed if a game is in the balance.

Mainoo's been abit up and down, naturally for a midfielder so young and adapting to the role.

I can see him being replaced as the game goes on.

He has actually been the best player in the first half.

I think he's been one of the better players but Mainoo looks like from a discipline standpoint he's still harboring the habits of poor coaching from Erik last season with the gulf between the midfield area and the defense.

He's switched on inside the defensive box but just behind the midfield central midfield lines, he doesn't really track runners or read the game but I'm confident he will develop this as he matures.

It's his first breakout season where he realistically played for a few months of football. He's massively overperforming taking into account his age and experience.

As stated on the forums before central midfield is the one position where players peak later in their careers.
Agree with this.
We've seen moments of class from him but I feel he leaves his team mates a bit isolated at times.

It's so dull. Imagine you're a kid playing in the park and you have a corner which ends up back with your own keeper without the opposition touching the ball. It just doesn't happen. Kids play without fear. This lot look terrified that they'll misplace a pass and end up on some YouTube fail compilation..

I understand not wanting to lose an important game, but you have to try to win it. Safety football is dull football. Football is meant to be expressive and exciting.
Completely agree.

The English players and manager should watch this half-time show and see how desperate their media and fans are for a good performance with the amount of praise they're giving them.

They didn't come out that way. They're sitting deep because we've made them.

Don’t think so. The Swiss know they’re outmanned and will take their chances on the counter. They don’t have the speed to be successful on the counter, but if they open up they know England will filet them.

Don't think Swiss will be happy with their first half. Either of these teams will be easy for the dutch.