QF | England vs Switzerland | Netherlands vs Turkey

Portuguese commentators aren't fans of Dino arms.

This Euro has displayed just how shite the modern day players are in general.
No charisma or character.

They are better athletes than their elders but worse at everything else. And I don't think that I'm exaggerating, they can't pass, tackle, dribble, shoot and most of them never take a decent decision in open space.

Not sure about that. He’s had the fewest touches and passes of the middle four behind Kane (Mainoo, Rice, Foden, Bellingham).
Still your best player and best hope for scoring a goal. Which is how you win games.

It’s much better with the 5Live commentary
Nothing beats Spanish commentators. It could be the dullest game but they make t sounds like every pass will result in a goal. :lol:
These boring twats make the game seem even more boring when it's a slow paced game.

If Pickford is just going to hump it long every time, they need to push everybody up to the half way line when he does. With Walker we can get away with a high defensive line. It’s the whole point of playing him.

Exactly, it made no sense and he is fortunate that he messed it up. It was amusing to watch though.

This all points to another overhead attempt against Spain or imo a headed goal from him. Won't be surprised to see that happen with their defensive options. Watch this space.

Not sure about that. He’s had the fewest touches and passes of the middle four behind Kane (Mainoo, Rice, Foden, Bellingham).

Going to be honest with you, I'm watching the game in the background but the few times I've seen him on the ball, he's playing ahead of Mainoo and Rice in the central positions playmaking directly outside the box and when carrying the ball from deep. He can easily vacate it and ask for the ball in the box but it would be very risky. I think he's doing a decent job for his role and being careful with his runs.

They are better athletes than their elders but worse at everything else. And I don't think that I'm exaggerating, they can't pass, tackle, dribble, shoot and most of them never take a decent decision in open space.
Which kind of makes sense — when you prioritise athleticism and squarely following intricate tactics at club level, only natural the players lose expression and compensate for real lack of growth in the technical areas

Gareth is it loyalty or do you actually want to win something? Make the change take Kane out and get Toney or Watkins on!

Mainoo is so good but you just know GS is desperate to get Gallagher on for him

Gallagher started 1 game and was hooked at HT for Mainoo, who started every game since. The Gallagher hate just feels too forced at this point :annoyed:

I actually think you're on to something. Been thinking and saying the same for a couple of years now. Athletic ability is valued much more than actual footballing brain and ability. Which is making the games and players feel very robotic.

Southgate is brilliant. He’ll put the Swiss to sleep with this and eventually England will win. Genius.

Eze, Palmer or even Gordon. Just anyone else. It's really odd how bad Foden has been, whole EUROs.
Ye and I don’t buy the excuse it’s because he’s been played wide. He’s played wide for city before and a lot better

This is going to go down as the most boring euros, and 2 boring teams will meet in the final, England v France, play out a bore 0-0 draw before France win on pens.