Garnacho 6
Fernandes 5
Rashford 7
Zirkzee 1

Collyer 6
Maguire 6
Diallo 7
Eriksen -

The gravity of our situation summed up by the fact that the vast majority of our players did not underperform yet Liverpool had mercy on us. We could have been absolutely slaughtered today.

We can't judge him until we get him Frenkie, only De Jong has the advanced understanding of the game to interpret Ten Hags genius.

It is what it is…
Ups and downs supporting a club. Mostly downs lately.

Casemiro doesn’t have the tempo to play those games and Bruno lacks the workrate to compete at top level.

They showed us how to press and play as a team. We have Rashford which means automatically we're a man down from the off because it's beneath poster boy to do defensive work. We have Casemiro who can barely move. Mainoo is also very slow. Zirkzee is slow, Bruno is a headless chicken...How the feck is this team supposed to work? How can you be so incompetent in building a footballing side? We're probably approaching 2bil spent and have almost nothing to show for it. Worst ran club in the history of sports, should be a case study.

It is what it is…

Casemiro doesn’t have the tempo to play those games and Bruno lacks the workrate to compete at top level.
Work rate is probably the last thing I'd criticize Bruno for.

Utterly depressing. Defence, shite, midfield, shite, attack, worse than shite. Played like a team who’ve only just met- ok there’s a few new players but jeez.

Bruno did well.

Mainoo did well apart from giving the ball away for their third goal.

Every other starter gave a 1/10 performance.

Casemiro gave a 0/10.
Well that's a bit silly. How was Dalot 1/10 ? or Mazraoui ?

Athletic said he was the lead figure in recruitment again this summer. This squad is his and he seems to have absolutely no clue how to use it

It’s actually mad how bad he is
That'll explain Zirkzee then, although I'm not completely dismissing him this early on, I'm just not getting the vibes from him. Didn't they recruit a guy to go out and find players to suit the managers style?

So much money spent and we are playing kids on the right, a finshed Rashford on the left (with no cover), an unproven centre forward and our back up centre midfielder is a kid making his debut.
And as for the keeper, any shot down low in the corner goes in, EVERY TIME! It's shocking and shambolic.

It's fans like yourself, Ludens, who get excited about sacking managers but do not have a clue who to replace them with.

Then rinse and repeat with the next manager whenever they fail.

The likes of Woodward made a career out of such a punter.

Still, in for a penny, there were some who answered honestly whereas others hid behind rhetoric and emojis.
Yah I’m still gonna go with the poster I quoted and not get involved in this charade.

Work rate is probably the last thing I'd criticize Bruno for.
Ok. He gets away with his lack of workrate vs lesser opponents. As soon as it’s a harder opponent he crumbles. Same in the Portugal when playing nationals.

A player in his position that want to compete at the top of Premier League must have world class work rate. He doesn’t.

I just feel that every team we play, wether they are top of league or bottom, seem to put in more effort in closing down, chasing for everything , better organised, basically set up better, other teams may have inferior players, but they make up for it in commitment and desire, which to me is sadly lacking the majority of time. We do have our moments when we do look good, but these are few and far between. I am not for one changing managers Willy nilly but I’m beginning to think that ETH hasn’t got the man management skills to motivate the players. The big question is, who could you replace him with.

2 errors from Casemiro effectively killed our involvement in the game, it pains me to say it Liverpool were the better side, we lacked intensity and any style of play, there were a few nice moves, almost, but am yet to see the turn around ETH needs

Training session for them. Should have been four or five.

What's funny is that we had a lot of people around here saying that Liverpool 'hadn't been tested yet' going into this match, as if this was going to be a test for them. This was less of a test for them than their first two matches were.

We are a nothing squad with a nothing manager.

That'll explain Zirkzee then, although I'm not completely dismissing him this early on, I'm just not getting the vibes from him. Didn't they recruit a guy to go out and find players to suit the managers style?

Spending so much money on a 23 year old with a proven track record of not being a goalscorer, who initially did not even make the Dutch Euro squad competing with the likes of a clubless Depay, our past striker Weghorst and Ajax's Brobbey, beggars belief.

I really hope he proves me wrong but it's hard to ignore all the red flags.

They buy Lucho for a pittance, we persist with Rashford and spend twice as much for Anthony. They get Jota, we get Zirzee, and then they bring on Gapko and Núñez. They get Mac Callister for a pittance, we got Erickson (at least on a free, woo), they bring in a brand new manager and their club looks miles better coached. . .

Doh!!

They have a likeable manager as well
Doesn't give off the cnut vibes like Klopp did
Only reason you all started hating Klopp was because he started winning stuff! So many other teams’ fans including Man Utd fans, thought he was great at the start of his tenure when he was playing great footy but losing finals. He’s always been a sore loser, was even worse at Mainz and Dortmund!

As for ten Hag, I have no idea why he is still in the job, yes, he had done well to win 2 cups, but it’s clear from the league and Europe that the guy isn’t up to it at the very highest level.

Slot has quickly settled in at Liverpool FC, but worth remembering it does help to take on a strong and quite balanced squad, that starting 11 of Liverpool’s today was better than Man Utd’s in every position.

Thought Mazraoui was good, Dalot was decent. De Ligt ok apart from one poor pass. Everyone else looked lost. The players just do not seem to understand whatever it is they are being asked to do, and that’s just a failure of management at this stage

I was excited for this. Dark days continue. I for sure was planning to give Ineos the season to get their feet under them, but that hurt bad.

The weird thing is the eth still persists with The same tactics bombing forwards, playing high risk game in general, you would think utd scored >100 goals last season with midfield contributing a lot which isn’t true, so why is everyone bombing forward while the ball is still in our own half. All they did was targeted the midfielder receiving the ball from defence and they scored 3

I’m now convinced ETH hasn’t got a F#%*+>€ clue , no change from last years dross , time to let him go !!!!

Onana 6
Dalot 7
Martinez 6
De Ligt 7
Mazraoui 7
Casemiro 5
Mainoo 6
Garnacho 6
Fernandes 5
Rashford 7
Zirkzee 1

Collyer 6
Maguire 6
Diallo 7
Eriksen -

The gravity of our situation summed up by the fact that the vast majority of our players did not underperform yet Liverpool had mercy on us. We could have been absolutely slaughtered today.
What game were you watching?? :lol: The vast majority were mediocre at best.....

Again what is so concerning is that Liverpool didn’t have to do a lot of or play that well to beat us comfortably at home. Every team will fancy their chances against us because we are as easy to play against as we were last season and don’t look like scoring.

The hard truth is that none of United starting 11 or bench would get into the Liverpool team...not a single player

It is what it is…

Madness. Bruno has high work rate. What he doesn't know is when to just hold position and thinks we have to turn every possession into a rush on goal within 10secs

The weird thing is the eth still persists with The same tactics bombing forwards, playing high risk game in general, you would think utd scored >100 goals last season with midfield contributing a lot which isn’t true, so why is everyone bombing forward while the ball is still in our own half. All they did was targeted the midfielder receiving the ball from defence and they scored 3
Agree with this, if we scored consistently then we would just be trying to outscore teams. However we don't create enough and waste the chances we do get. Then the opposition just pick us off.

We've started the season with no goal scorers fit. One recognised number 9 who's injured and Zirzkee is no where near a number 9,he's a 10 or 11 at best. Look at Liverpool and their attackers are full of goals, whether starting or on the bench.. This means when we have a decent start in a game, we're unlikely to capitalise and score.. So depressing.

And as for the keeper, any shot down low in the corner goes in, EVERY TIME! It's shocking and shambolic.
Carragher mentioned it when they should the third goal post match. I think he said it was awful. Other than that he seems to have got a clean pass from the pundits. I agree with you.

An absolutely awful performance and conceded all our goals due to mistakes (2x Casemiro, 1x Mainoo). The players seemed to lack any spatial awareness and strength and were just bullied off the ball.

The only positive I can take from the game is De Ligt looked good and very composed. Dalot also had a good game

I'm not annoyed that we lost, but it is the manner that we lost and the players didn't show any intensity or heart and just made the game so easy for Liverpool.

But anyway don't worry all, we will see the players post on social media that they are "sorry," they are "working hard," they "will go again and fix these problems" etc. Basically the same excuses we have heard for years and the players taking the fans as fools.

Anyway let's all just be glad we have the international break and can have a break from this for a couple of weeks.
To be fair to Mainoo, he was under pressure by 3 or 4 scousers and nobody went to help him, they just watched as Liverpool regained possession and scored. Our players just dont seem to be able to concentrate during matches. Unlike Mainoo Casemiro is vastly experienced but fades in and out of games and loses track of runners etc. Its not good enough.

We've started the season with no goal scorers fit. One recognised number 9 who's injured and Zirzkee is no where near a number 9,he's a 10 or 11 at best. Look at Liverpool and their attackers are full of goals, whether starting or on the bench.. This means when we have a decent start in a game, we're unlikely to capitalise and score.. So depressing.
Good post. MOTM tough - tempted to say Masraoui. I’m so sorry for Casemiro- he’s a great footballer and a great guy. He had a tough day at the office today. But we are in a process. It’s not going to gell of a sudden. Good things will happen - just seems far away tonight. Live to all United supporters. Boy were the Scouse fans enjoying themselves in the pub tonight. Long road…

In his heart of hearts, even ETH knows he is not good enough for Utd. But I've never known an organisation so impotent at making decision as Utd. Let's give him till Xmas so he may win 3 games and be on a roll! Deary me.
Exactly, Ineos and Jim Ratcliffe seem just as useless as Woodward was, and clueless about how to run Manchester United. OK they improved the food hygiene but our football is still pretty much a dogs dinner.

Good post. MOTM tough - tempted to say Masraoui. I’m so sorry for Casemiro- he’s a great footballer and a great guy. He had a tough day at the office today. But we are in a process. It’s not going to gell of a sudden. Good things will happen - just seems far away tonight. Live to all United supporters. Boy were the Scouse fans enjoying themselves in the pub tonight. Long road…
Ivan Toney, a proven goalscorer, was available but we ignored him; why? Surely at 28 he wasnt too old!

This is the perfect time to sack him. International break. Ruud as interim. Come on INEOS
I agree. ETH has had his chance and he seems to have no more idea of how the team improves than he ever has. Ruud might inject a little urgency into our play, Lord knows we need it!

Reading some of ETH's post match comments and he comes out with this:

Manuel Ugarte did not play one minute - he needs to build his fitness. Then we have to build him into the team. I am sure he will contribute to our team. It will take a couple of weeks, maybe even a month. That is the same for a lot of players.

Whilst its true you bring players in to improve the squad/team, its a really bad idea to come up with something which basically sounds like "once my newest player is in we'll be fine". He post match comments always seem excuse laden, inspires absolutely no confidence he actually understands the problems let alone how to fix them.

Half way through last year I was ETH out, I saw no improvement in us since he started and nothing since then has changed my mind. I remember when we gave Ole the full time job on the back of 4-5 really goods games and that was clearly a knee jerk appointment that set the club back years, giving a manager a new contract on the back of a cup win (one where we were so close to going out in the SF to a Championship side) was equally knee jerk. Its a worry the first major decision the new structure has made seems to be a really poor one.

This is down to individual errors, but the whole system is not helping the ones making those errors.

Against top teams we need to move Bruno to the right and add an extra midfield. ETH needs to be less stubborn and try something else.

Player Ratings

4.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 291 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 26% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool
  • 12% Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool