PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:3 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 01 September 2024

For some reason I'm still watching the interviews and Sturridge chatting to Salah with all the bro, vibe and yo nonsense really is the pits.

To those demanding we sack EtH, can you name a practical replacement?

Can you name a candidate and explain to us why they would improve us?

Also, 'anyone' is not an answer. It's hyperbole.

Not playing gotcha. Not being smart. Not saying you can't do it.

Just name a practical replacement and show your working.

Go:
We're not playing this game again.

Erik Ten Hag could be the last manager on earth, and he'd still deserve the sack for being utterly shit at his job.

I don't care what replacements are available, someone is employed by the club to figure that out.

Who is the absolute twat on the Sky post match interview? Not Salah.

For some reason I'm still watching the interviews and Sturridge chatting to Salah with all the bro, vibe and yo nonsense really is the pits.
It's hypnotically bad. Keane wants to puke

We’ve signed something like 25 players, spent over half a billion, endured several thrashing’s like this where we’ve been promised next time will be different.

And yet we look just as clueless. We panic whenever we get the ball, can’t pass, can’t create, can’t defend and can’t finish. The vast open spaces are back, and we don’t look coached at all.

So yeah, less than ideal.

To those demanding we sack EtH, can you name a practical replacement?

Can you name a candidate and explain to us why they would improve us?

Also, 'anyone' is not an answer. It's hyperbole.

Not playing gotcha. Not being smart. Not saying you can't do it.

Just name a practical replacement and show your working.

Go:
I’m not saying we should sack him yet. But I’d keep an eye on spurs manager. He’ll introduce the football us fans want and the owners probably want. And before people say well what as he done with spurs… what as any manager done with spurs? The one thing I want and most of us fans want is to see us play with an identity, if we lose by playing great football then so be it. But we’re losing and even winning sometimes by not playing good and being lucky. We’re being outplayed every game. Where as spurs dominate most games despite not winning them all.

I don't think it was Ten Hag that decided paying Rash and Case three quarters of a million per week for shambolic performances is a good idea. I can't imagine there aren't clauses in their contracts that demand these two flops start. International break couldn't come sooner. Hope returns from injury and Ugarte getting thrown in and integrated. NEVER FORGET that most of our woes are on those vermin, the Glazers and Woodward.

They never learn...group of dumbarses.

There should be no one in this squad who still has any thought along the lines of 'We're Man United' they are NOT!

They are a team that finishes outside the Top 4 on a good year.

Part of the problem is they think they are good enough to show no discipline, no concentration, no in game management.

Just get forward asap and give zero fecks what else it happening around them.

We're not playing this game again.

Erik Ten Hag could be the last manager on earth, and he'd still deserve the sack for being utterly shit at his job.

I don't care what replacements are available, someone is employed by the club to figure that out.
Like fecking clockwork :lol:
Same shit, so bored of sections of this fanbase. They deserve the shit they get served up.

No structure in our play at all.

Midfielders getting the ball and just not having options, top teams have a shape and their players always have options, its something that gets drilled into them by a manager.

How can we continue not to have a structure to our play ?

Bruno offered absolutely nothing today, he needs to stop running around like a headless chicken and stay in position to affect the play better.

Urgghh

I really hope Daniel Sturridge trips over a kerb walking to his car, or bites the inside of his cheek when he's eating dinner later.

You make it sound as if our front line were anywhere close to making a single reasonable decision, let alone getting a chance to score a goal

They were all shit, except for Mazeroui, Dalot, and Amad. Collyer gets a pass on the basis of being a youth player thrown into the jaws of a shark
They weren't. Rashford is Rashford. Garnacho never got any ball to work with. Zirkzee missed two sitters and apart from that lost ball lot of times. That aside, you need a midfield. We didn't have it. I could argue that some pub team would have dominated game looking at our midfielders performence. It was so easy to play for Liverpool. One pass and they had more space on the pitch than ISS have in the space.

We’ve signed something like 25 players, spent over half a billion, endured several thrashing’s like this where we’ve been promised next time will be different.

And yet we look just as clueless. We panic whenever we get the ball, can’t pass, can’t create, can’t defend and can’t finish. The vast open spaces are back, and we don’t look coached at all.

So yeah, less than ideal.
4-2-3-1 Will be the death of United. It simply aint United.

We were never going to solve the squad issues in one window. We have washed too much money in the past to buy 6-7 new players who would slot right in.
All players that have been sold offered next to nothing, bar maybe McTominay.
There were obviously no takers for Casemiro, Eriksen and Lindelof.

It's depressing but we have the old regime to thank for this.
Absolutely I agree we weren't going to solve the squad issues in one window but we can't seriously consider that we are 'missing' players who are eternal crocks like it's a spot of had luck

Bad luck is Case losing his legs completely or Yoro.

I expected a 2-0 Liverpool win. 2 or 3, who cares but as I stated before we're not better than last season.

To lose 3 nil at home to anyone is awful but to Liverpool is just unacceptable. What's worse is, it keeps fecking happening and it's so fecking annoying.

Saudi window beckons.
doesn't help us remotely unfortunately to offload more players.

so many fans sitting in the forums doing accounting all summer and saying what a great job ineos are doing because of accounting numbers or whatever rubbish, wages saved.

they have got the big decision badly wrong and that means the players we have signed will be out the door again when they need a new manager in a few months. who knows, a better manager might be able to make us see why casemiro when the greatest defensive midfielder of all time 2 years ago

We were never going to solve the squad issues in one window. We have washed too much money in the past to buy 6-7 new players who would slot right in.
All players that have been sold offered next to nothing, bar maybe McTominay.
There were obviously no takers for Casemiro, Eriksen and Lindelof.

It's depressing but we have the old regime to thank for this.

Agree, Glazers left a huge mess. But ETH needs to show his quality by end of year. No excuses.

Player Ratings

4.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 291 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 26% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool
  • 12% Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool