PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:3 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 01 September 2024

Bruno did well.

Mainoo did well apart from giving the ball away for their third goal.

Every other starter gave a 1/10 performance.

Casemiro gave a 0/10.
Seriously? De Ligt and Mazraoui looked great. Dalot looked decent too.

Tactics are the same as last season, there is big hole in that midfield, case and maino are slow you need energy in that midfield, Bruno free roaming needs to be restricted to support that midfield and then you start to work on the wingers. Zirkzee is not a striker as liv defence were too comfortable.

Unlike the last game, there were very few positives to take out of that one. I do think the game was conditioned by the two dreadful goals we conceded in the first half, especially the first one. Once we conceded two we weren't coming back from it and you could tell we knew it. But it wasn't as simple as a few mistakes.

Despite shipping three goals, the bigger problem was a total lack of quality up front. Liverpool barely had to worry about defending, they never faced any real pressure and it made for an easy game for them. Honestly, they weren't even that good, but they have lots of quality in attack and we don't have any.

Going to be a tough season.

So depressing. Not a single player can leave with their head held high, awful all over the pitch and every single player of ours dominated by their opposition equivalent.

Not sure where we go from here, 3 games in and feels hopeless and we’re just waiting for him to be sacked.

3 points from 9 and even those 3 were fortunate. Interested to see if/how ineos respond.

Sick of seeing us get absolutely dominated by our main rivals at home and go out with a whimper.

We get ourlt muscled every fecking game.

It's infuriating, bantered by them lot again and probably happy to lose 0-3.

EtH needs to go really, it can't jeep happening. Borderline incompetence at this point.

Depressing. Sad. Clueless. Disappointing. Not surprising. No clue. Flat.

Been the same for 3 seasons

Looks like it's going to be another long season.

Bruno??

You think de Ligt and Mazraoui were 1/10? Very weird take.

Rashford could have had 2 assists today
It was a weird take but then mentioning Rashy's potential two assists as some way of mitigating his otherwise diabolical performance is also a weird take.

Realistic enough to know that more times than not United are going to lose to the top three teams in the Premier League however what I ask for in games like today is to make yourself hard to beat and score against.

United was a mile off in that regard with all three goals coming from United having possession of the ball and cheaply giving it away. Liverpool are among the best for exploiting errors and three goals from their three shots on target highlighted that today.

We aren't well drilled in the press. It's obvious. Trying to out-Liverpool Liverpool was always going to be a tall task but with our players being outmatched physically in every department, Casemiro in particular being atrocious, it became impossible. Add Zirkzee missing sitters it is a recipe for humiliation.

And that's what this was, an utter humiliation. Losing to those lot at home without scoring a goal, heads should roll. But I don't think they will. Because it feels like United are getting used to this and that's what scares me the most.

Apart from the obvious mistakes that led to the goals, where was the compact shape evident in the first two games. We were all over the place. Both our full backs to far up the pitch leaving Liverpool 5 v 2 in attack at times.

Our attack with all its promise looks lightweight and toothless.

I Hope our new midfielder is playing soon can make an impact on the shambles around him.

I have had enough of ETH - I was prepared to give him a new chance after winning the FA Cup - but I have had enough of these results. He must go

We can't score goals and we let goals in too easily because we don't attack as a team, we don't keep the ball well, and we don't defend as a unit. We're a mess. The manager and coach can't manage or coach, we don't have actual strikers who score goals, we don't have attackers who want to attack or score or assist, we have midfielders (Cartman) who can't fecking run, we have an attacking mid in Bruno who can't pass and we have a goalkeeper (who we bought for his kicking) who can't or doesn't use his hands.

We've overcomplicated this sport, which at its route is a very simple game. We haven't got square pegs in round holes, we are literally trying to make pasta by following a recipe for mashed potato. It doesn't fecking make sense.

Very slim chances of top four with only one spot to play for.

If we can't a tough game in any of the cups we're out bar a cup final when the opoosotin have been on the sauce all week.

Ten Hags fault for a shit team selection but the Glazers and Inios have left the squad threadbare in squeezing every possible cent out of the team.

We are missing Malacia, Shaw, Hojlund, Mount and Ugarte wasn't available yet. If/when they are back it's a different story.

We needed to get rid of all those players.

Ten Hags fault for a shit team selection but the Glazers and Inios have left the squad threadbare in squeezing every possible cent out of the team.

Spot on. Player acquisition during the ten Hag era has been atrocious. And his tactics have put us on the back foot far too often.

You can forgive being outplayed by Liverpool, but scraping by Fulham and getting beaten by Brighton is absurd.

Same old ETH shite

Play out from the back, we do it poorly losing the ball a lot. Casemiro will rightly be picked out for his 2 errors leading to goals. Martinez lost it another 2 times with passes that were easily intercepted. Mainoo not protecting the ball well enough lost it for the 3rd goal

Yes Liverpool are good at pressing and nicking the ball, and they were marking our midfielders so our CBs found it hard to play the ball forward but we needed to find better solutions.

The mistake aside Mainoo was okay. He had some good moments with a bit of skill or a dribble, but at other times that led to losing the ball

Collyer was not quite as good, but better than Casemiro so a positive for him

Yes I know Yoro is injured and thats bad luck, but we've spent far too much money on players that are supposed to aid the way this manager wants to play and be able to play out from the back... And yet we're incompetant with it. The only time its good is when Mainoo gets it deep and even then its a 50/50 whether his dribble is going to work out. Other than that our playing out from the back and general play is terrible.

No build up play

1 nice cross from Rashford, 1 decent longer pass at the end of the game was all he managed... Poor overall

And at least Amad came on and looked like he was trying to make something happen

Casemiro needs dropping so its good we got Ugarte in, Lisandro probably needs dropping for Maguire as well

We have some good players but every week ETH is like a chef who takes Wagyu steak and turns it into McDonalds hamburgers. Sure we still have a few squad issues but pretty much any competent manager could do better.

Insulting to McDonald's, frankly. Our only chance was always that Slot would have some growing pains this early in the season and clearly that is not the case.

Frustrating levels of delusion led to retaining ten Hag, could've gone out on a high note and maybe been recalled fondly down the line but now he's, predictably, the new apex predator of United mismanagement and embarrassment.

I genuinely thought we started ok. The offside was a let off, but we were trying to move it forwards quickly and got a little bit of joy very early on when Rashford got in behind. Then it transpired that half our passes forward from deep were going to be wayward, and put us in big trouble. Martinez did an awful one, then recovered, and I thought generally we looked good defending one-on-one with the ball in front of the defenders.

Then Casemiro had an absolute horror show, and gave them two goals. We're in a very difficult position after that, and our response was absolutely dreadful.

I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater and bag our new players, though Zirkzee's finishing was objectively shite. There are persistent worries over some more established players, to say the least.

As for Erik, the pressure is right back on. Even as someone who feels we were unlucky to leave Brighton with nothing I have to say this is now officially a shit start to the season, and we have this bullshit international break to stew on that.

This Liverpool side is really not that great, but we're set up to completely vacate our midfield so I don't think anyone can be surprised by this result. All you need is one clinical finisher and you're almost guaranteed to score against this Ten Hag side.

It’s time to give up on this transition football horseshit, or he can continue with it and see himself sacked before Christmas

My advice is dont waste your time watching the league games - we've no chance of winning it and might even be a struggle to get into top 4. Save your spare time for watching the cup games - europa, Fa and League cup are our only ray of lights for the forseeable.

There’s no plan. The best the fans can come up with is “sack the manager.” The club is a bust until someone with the ability and focus of Ferguson comes in.

Its all well saying Eric should be sacked, but what’s the point if it just leads to another hasty appointment?

Why on earth do both our fullbacks bomb fwd at the same time,? Again and again we lose the ball and are outnumbered

Tactics are the same as last season, there is big hole in that midfield, case and maino are slow you need energy in that midfield, Bruno free roaming needs to be restricted to support that midfield and then you start to work on the wingers. Zirkzee is not a striker as liv defence were too comfortable.
I genuinely think Bruno is supposed to be playing as a disciplined 8 but he can't tactically or positionally play

Just an atrocious game of football to round off a terrible start to the campaign.

I hate international breaks, but I’ll be the first to say, thank God for the international break.

Beautiful stuff. Ten Hags well and truly at the wheel hahaha

Complete shitshow

Ran out of any excuses. This shite is indefensible. Ruud as interim and find a proper manager for the next year. If Liverpool managed to find Slot, and even Barca managed to find Flick, both of whom hit the ground running, INEOS needs to do better than past 12 fecking years since Sir Alex

Player Ratings

4.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 291 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 26% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool
  • 12% Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool