Plane carrying Chapocoense players crashes | Nossa Chape documentary

I don't think the club doing well in the league and cup is the most important thing in the world right now. Let them have some time to settle down and decide what direction they want to be headed in. Nothing will ever be the same.

Won't they just scrape the whole final thing and hand over the trophy to both clubs? I don't think it would be in any way fair to play this final anymore. Almost all players who got them there are dead.

It just sounds so wrong to suggest to them to send our players there so they can win the final. What stood as Chapecoense team will never get to lift the trophy.

Actually Atletico Nacional has called for the trophy to be awarded do Chapecoense. They won't play the final, I just don't get how they would ever be required to do that.

That's the right approach. Kudos to Atlético Nacional de Medellín.

I didn't mean to hijack the thing, more a display of support. The players wouldn't want to lose it by default, they worked too hard to get there.

And those associated with the club would do well to focus on coming back from it rather than give up. Yes, the loss is huge and puts a lot of things in context, but the last thong the players and manager would want is for the club to disappear into the lower leagues.

Let's be clear, this is paramount to Brighton & Hove Albion moving up several leagues and reaching a continental final. It can't just end like that.

Terrible news :( .. RIP and will be praying for more survivors.

I've been following one of their players for a while (Gimenez - RB). He just returned back to first team football following an injury and was on board. Unbelievable.

RIP to all those on board. :(

Jesus, just heard the news, horrible, horrible day. May they rest in peace, my prayers are with them and their families.

I just read that one of the players who died found out he was going to be a dad like a week ago. So tragic :(

Where are people reading that they ran out of fuel? Brazilian news were praising the pilot earlier for dumping fuel seconds before the crash, to prevent a huge explosion upon impact.
Really? That throws a whole new light on it.
Aircraft would of been suffering a problem, did it divert to that airport or was going there anyway.

Horrifically sad. I do not have the words to put into context this situation. We can see at United how something like this can affect a club. RIP

Unbelievable tradegy, R.I.P to all those lost and thoughts and prayers are with there family and friends :(

Last edited:
Too little information at this stage to point the finger, but it does seem there was no fuel on-board otherwise there would have been fire.

As a private pilot I find that lack of fuel story to be crazy. That sort of situation hardly happens in the industry.
21ora75.jpg

Last football-related air disaster was the case of the Zambian national team in 1993, I believe. 1993-2016 was actually the longest interval without such incidents. :(

Just reading this now, fecking horrible. the picture of the players in the locker room who did not make the flight, heartbreaking

So shit.

Was just watching videos of the players making the check-in for this flight and one member of the entourage saying that was going to be the most important voyage in the history of the club. So sad.

Just saw a video of the players surprising and letting their teammate know he was going to be a father. Heartbreaking. :(

Just saw a video of the players celebrating their Semi-final win a week ago, reduced me to to tears. This is too sad.

Terrible news, shades of Munich this. RIP to all the casualties and condolences to the families. They will be remembered.

It's a tragedy for these things to happen in 2016 with all what we know and have learned about aviation over the years and if those reports about fuel starvation are true.

Hope our club has a charitable whip round for them, raise a few million to help with funeral expenses, families, and maybe send some academy players there on loan.

RIP
You have to remember, with the last part about sending players over, that we can't just uproot young boys, who live & recieve their education here in England, and send them off to live in Brazil. It's a nice thought but it's not as easy as that. It would be nice for us to make some kind of charitable efforts but we can't just send players off to live on the other side of the planet.

Can we all donate some cash?

PayPal it to the Caf and then someone with know how get it to the club?

Be nice to try and offer something to show our support.

You have to remember, with the last part about sending players over, that we can't just uproot young boys, who live & recieve their education here in England, and send them off to live in Brazil. It's a nice thought but it's not as easy as that. It would be nice for us to make some kind of charitable efforts but we can't just send players off to live on the other side of the planet.

There's already been suggestion locally that the other 1st division Brazilian clubs loan them players next season (I imagine at no cost), so in the same spirit and a lot more practical. There will be other ways Man Utd can help.

Sad for Caio Jr. in particular, the coach. The season I was closest to Botafogo was when he was in charge (2011) and I thought highly of his management, especially being one of the coaches in Brazil most willing to embrace concepts from Europe.

But overall just devastated, for the team and the players, as well as the journalists who I've heard from many times throughout the years, and all other passengers.

Shocking and sad in equal measure. Sort of puts things into perspective.

It would be nice if we had a minutes silence tomorrow, considering the obvious similarities with Munich.

RIP.

Absolutely horrific news. Such a tragic waste of so many lives.

Can we all donate some cash?

PayPal it to the Caf and then someone with know how get it to the club?

Be nice to try and offer something to show our support.
I doubt they need our cash , but paying for a billboard with a message would be nice. (not that it will happen)

Terrible tragedy. I've read it today in our domestic newspaper, do not know if it's confirmed but apparently the cause of thr crash is due to the lack of fuel! If that's really the case than idk what to say.

Truly a terrible tragedy, condolences to the families of the deceased ones and God save their souls.

Some Brazilian Clubes (Santos, Corinthians, Palmeiras, Sao Paulo) released a statement where they offer Chapecoense loans of players at no cost, and asked the CBF to avoid Chapecoense of being relegated for three seasons.