Plane carrying Chapocoense players crashes | Nossa Chape documentary

Absolutely awful stuff. :(

Nice to see that all the other teams seem to be coming together for them. Proposals for them to be awarded the cup, immune from relegation for 3 years and a fair few clubs in Brazil have apparently agreed to loan them good level players for free.

Jackson Follman, one of the survivors, has had one of his legs amputated according to reports.

Edit: 1 report said both legs, another said 1 leg so unclear at the moment.

Very upset by this, follow brazilian football closely and have links with a lot of journalists there, including one who follows Chapencoense, desperately trying to contact him on Facebook currently but he hasn't posted since the incident. Have zero clue if he was on the flight or not :(. A truly awful tragedy.

I doubt they need our cash , but paying for a billboard with a message would be nice. (not that it will happen)

Would be nice to make some gesture alright.

I hope our club make a massive effort and gesture though. Obviously, as people have said, loaning players across the other side if the world isnt really feasible. And as has also been said, getting new players in won't be at the forefront of their minds right now.

But it will be soon. We know ourselves how close our own club came to shutting up shop. We know how hard a few people worked to keep the club alive and how important it was for the memory of those who lost their lives in Munich. Football won't be the first thing in the minds of those left at the club right now. But it might be sooner than we think. They may wish to field a team for their last league game. To pay tribute to those they've lost. They may not. But if sending players for one game was wanted I'd love to see us help.

However, having seen how devastating a tragedy like this can be for a club, I do hope we go over and beyond here.

What a terrible tragedy.

I'd like to see United and Torino team up and do something together. Something like a friendly match with the proceeds going to help rebuild Chape.

I just read that one of the players who died found out he was going to be a dad like a week ago. So tragic :(

Yeah. And his team mates broke the news to him. Here's the video of how they did it

Would break your heart watching that :(

Sadly some fans are so bitter they can make any tragedy an ABU moment. What a world...

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sad news and so hard to see those pictures of the team getting ready to travel together. My thoughts now are with the families and friends of those who've gone and for the best possible recovery for those who survived.

Sadly some fans are so bitter they can make any tragedy an ABU moment. What a world...
Don't give twats like these attention. Clearly trying too hard for twitter "fame" and thinks he can say whatever he wants because he's behind a computer screen.

Very upset by this, follow brazilian football closely and have links with a lot of journalists there, including one who follows Chapencoense, desperately trying to contact him on Facebook currently but he hasn't posted since the incident. Have zero clue if he was on the flight or not :(. A truly awful tragedy.

Brazilian website, but this is the list of 21 journalists onboard (and presumably deceased): http://globoesporte.globo.com/sc/fu...listas-que-estavam-no-voo-da-chapecoense.html

Last edited:

These 'football twitter' lads with players as profile pictures get their ultimate satisfaction when people give them the attention they so crave. It's all these dickheads care about. Best way to deal with it is just to completely ignore anything they say.

I really hope the club does as much as they can to support, especially when an event like this is so linked to our history.

The last time I can remember was the Air Transat A330 that has to glide in to the Azores and that was down to a refueling error , could be the same if fuel was the problem.

I actually looked that incident up earlier on, so as to refresh my memory. The root cause was in fact a maintenance error, which ultimately led to mechanical failure mid-flight.

What i fear might have happened in this case, is something similar to these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Airlines_Flight_173

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Airlines_Flight_965

I also saw some reports of fog in the area, which could have compounded matters further.

There's an incredible amount of thoughtless shite that gets posted on Twitter, not sure we need to be sharing them in here tbh.

Last edited:
There's a lot of incredible amount of thoughtless shite that gets posted on Twitter, not sure we need to be sharing them in here tbh.

Agreed. We really don't need to give idiots extra publicity, given that's all they're actually looking for.

There's a lot of incredible amount of thoughtless shite that gets posted on Twitter, not sure we need to be sharing them in here tbh.

Yep. Don't need to see irrelevant shit like that in here.

I actually looked that incident up earlier on, so as to refresh my memory. The root cause was in fact a maintenance error, which ultimately led to mechanical failure mid-flight.

What i fear might have happened in this case, is something similar to these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Airlines_Flight_173

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Airlines_Flight_965

I also saw some reports of fog in the area, which could have compounded matters further.
I find it strange that the flight was done with a 146 , the flight was right at the edge of it range.

Red Issue posted some garbage like that about City last week.

I'd love to think they are decent human beings within both our support.Posting things such as that in here just gives unnecessary attention to those morons amongst us.That's what they are looking for.

@K2K Yeah, you're right, pissed me off but it does nothing except give the guy attention. I'll delete the post, no point in sharing what he's saying at all.

It's such a massive tragedy. Hopefully the football world rallies around. With all the money in the game you'd hope the families left behind will want for nothing.

Wonderful gesture by Nacional of Colombia, who want the brazilians to be awarded the sudamerica trophy.

Please don't give those twitter wankers the time of day. They are sad nobody bastards in real life. Leave them to their miserable existence.

I've edited out the Twitter comments, folks - as I think people here agree, it's best not to give foul comments like that further exposure, particularly on a thread like this. Thanks.