Plane carrying Chapocoense players crashes | Nossa Chape documentary

Very upset by this, follow brazilian football closely and have links with a lot of journalists there, including one who follows Chapencoense, desperately trying to contact him on Facebook currently but he hasn't posted since the incident. Have zero clue if he was on the flight or not :(. A truly awful tragedy.
Any news yet mate?

A waste of talent and young life. I think you take it for granted that a team will arrive or get home safely from a game. Worst nightmare.

Given that both of our clubs have been touched by such a tragedy, I would think it would be great of United to go into partnership with Chapocoense.

We could help rebuild the club and forge links for future young prospects and help their club financially with high profile summer friendly games in honour of our dead.

Given that both of our clubs have been touched by such a tragedy, I would think it would be great of United to go into partnership with Chapocoense.

We could help rebuild the club and forge links for future young prospects and help their club financially with high profile summer friendly games in honour of our dead.

Great thought and idea, let's hope it happens.

That would brilliant. Hopefully we can form some sort of partnership and help Chapocoense get through this.

Tragic event, my thoughts go out to all those affected.

I heard on the radio this morning that Athletico National has contacted the league and told them they want the title given to Chapocoense.

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that."

Never has a comment about football rang so hollow.

Rumours are that Jose wants United's 2017 Summer tour to be in the USA..... would be a great gesture if they could try and arrange a game to show respect and raise funds for Chapocoense, ideally at their stadium else invite them to play in the U.S.

I'm sure scheduling, logistics, sponsors requirements, etc would be a challenge but you'd like to think that United (maybe more than most clubs given our history) could make the time (2 days there/back to U.S), make the effort, lose some sponsorship (even better, get the sponsors to donate)? ..... some things are just more important and I remember reading about what Real Madrid did for us post Munich - I'd like to think we can now do something similar for Chapocoense.

The video that their player shot just before landing is absolutely heart breaking. They were so freaking happy to be there, in such great spirits...

The circumstances of this make it even more heart breaking than any similar tragedy in the past. Small club making it into a big final, traveling there and dying on their way. It's like a script of a movie but with no happy end.

Can 2016 not just feck off.

clubs around the world have asked football authorities if they can loan players to them for free. Also the top division sides have demanded that they cannot be relegated for at least 3 seasons

The circumstances of this make it even more heart breaking than any similar tragedy in the past. Small club making it into a big final, traveling there and dying on their way. It's like a script of a movie but with no happy end.

basically. the biggest game in their history. fairy tell. chance to make history, which some players actually were quoted saying that they will and it ends as their darkest day.

Very nice thoughts mate. Nice touch.

I'm with you there.

basically. the biggest game in their history. fairy tell. chance to make history, which some players actually were quoted saying that they will and it ends as their darkest day.

It's not only that what's sad. In the current situation almost every brazilian & argentinian club are "commanded" by corrupted people. Almost every club have red numbers, because the regulations allow to buy players and sign contracts which are not possible economically. They ruin the clubs and get away with it, with money in their pockets. It happened in Argentina with River Plate, and Independiente. Both were relegated due to bad administration not only economically but also sportivelly.

And Chapecoense were the opposite. They were a Club who, in this caothic context, thought in terms of future with projects sustained in time. The economical management was excellent, getting players with the use of logic, ascending every division in brazilian football. They had ideas and seriousness. Everyone was paid in time. The numbers were positive, with no debts.

And it's really unfair what happened to them. You do everything right and life slaps you like this...

It's not only that what's sad. In the current situation almost every brazilian & argentinian club are "commanded" by corrupted people. Almost every club have red numbers, because the regulations allow to buy players and sign contracts which are not possible economically. They ruin the clubs and get away with it, with money in their pockets. It happened in Argentina with River Plate, and Independiente. Both were relegated due to bad administration not only economically but also sportivelly.

And Chapecoense were the opposite. They were a Club who, in this caothic context, thought in terms of future with projects sustained in time. The economical management was excellent, getting players with the use of logic, ascending every division in brazilian football. They had ideas and seriousness. Everyone was paid in time. The numbers were positive, with no debts.

And it's really unfair what happened to them. You do everything right and life slaps you like this...
The saying "no good deed goes unpunished" came up in my mind when I read the bolded part.

Anyway, any news on what caused the crash?

I've finally watched the videos of them celebrating in the dressing room and the player's telling that lad he was going to become a father. It's just all so fcuking heartbreaking.

Have read that Ronnie has donated a couple million Euros... be nice if some of our players would do that as well...

15193416_1503928619636219_1423819790989264011_n.jpg

Have read that Ronnie has donated a couple million Euros... be nice if some of our players would do that as well...
Maybe they have, but decided not to make it public. Is this really the time to have yet another dig at Utd players

Although I do expect the club to do something seeing as they now tragically have something in common

Haven't posted in this thread because I've had no idea how to actually put it into words. Horrific tragedy. I feel for all those who are directly affected by this.