Plane carrying Chapocoense players crashes | Nossa Chape documentary

This.

I feel sick. The 3 players in the changing room that didnt travel. Just imagine what they are going through :(

Horrifying. My father was supposed to travel on the Air France flight departing from Brazil that crashed into the ocean outside the coast in 2009. Seeing someone going through that with him knowing someone else took his place wasn't easy.

Thoughts and prayers to everyone affected to this.

Hope our club has a charitable whip round for them, raise a few million to help with funeral expenses, families, and maybe send some academy players there on loan.

RIP

Horrendous news. A minute's silence before tonight's and tomorrow's fixtures seems appropriate.

Hope our club has a charitable whip round for them, raise a few million to help with funeral expenses, families, and maybe send some academy players there on loan.

RIP

I was just thinking the same thing. No club could have a better understanding of what they're going through and any support United could offer, we should.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but not all their players were on it were they? And the ones that were survived?

Like I say, I could be very wrong

Correct me if I'm wrong, but not all their players were on it were they? And the ones that were survived?

Like I say, I could be very wrong

From my understanding, the entire team was on the plane as they were due to play the final of the Cops Sudamericana in Medellin.

Apparently 2 or 3 of the players are among the survivors.

Such a terrible tragedy. I imagine there were probably 30 of the 72 passengers associated with the team, if not all the passengers in someway as it was a chartered flight :(

We should help them out, even send them a few players. Would probably help someone like Memphis to grow up as well.

Not kidding, we should.

We should help them out, even send them a few players. Would probably help someone like Memphis to grow up as well.

Not kidding, we should.
Terrible tragedy and we should help but Don't think Any of our players from top to bottom would love the idea of jetting off to Brazil for an unspecified amount of time tbh. Get them some money and let them buy a few players.

Terrible tragedy and we should help but Don't think Any of our players from top to bottom would love the idea of jetting off to Brazil for an unspecified amount of time tbh. Get them some money and let them buy a few players.
Could be a good test of character and whether the club's history gets to them. I wouldn't read into a negative but would really appreciate those embracing it.

Specify an amount of time if needed. How many would have the chance to play in a two-legged good old fashioned South American final? Even being at United today, half of them won't ever make it to a senior final anywhere.

Ex Atletico Madrid defender Cleber is amongst the victims as well as a player from Hoffenheim who was out on loan I believe?

I don't think the club doing well in the league and cup is the most important thing in the world right now. Let them have some time to settle down and decide what direction they want to be headed in. Nothing will ever be the same.

Could be a good test of character and whether the club's history gets to them. I wouldn't read into a negative but would really appreciate those embracing it.

Specify an amount of time if needed. How many would have the chance to play in a two-legged good old fashioned South American final? Even being at United today, half of them won't ever make it to a senior final anywhere.

Won't they just scrape the whole final thing and hand over the trophy to both clubs? I don't think it would be in any way fair to play this final anymore. Almost all players who got them there are dead.

It just sounds so wrong to suggest to them to send our players there so they can win the final. What stood as Chapecoense team will never get to lift the trophy.

Actually Atletico Nacional has called for the trophy to be awarded do Chapecoense. They won't play the final, I just don't get how they would ever be required to do that.

Jesus Twitter makes for difficult reading after something like this. Apparently the Chapecoense manager said "if I died to today, I'd die happy" in his press conference following the semi final win. Crazy how offhand remarks we all make so easily can sound so different suddenly.

There's also a heartbreaking photograph of the 3 players not selected in the squad, sat in the team changing room obviously distraught.

The closest thing that I remember was 1979 Pakhtakor FC plane crash and it took a while for city of Tashkent to recover and get a new team in.

RIP, really sad.
Whoa, Dave. How do you know about Pakhtakor?

From my understanding, the entire team was on the plane as they were due to play the final of the Cops Sudamericana in Medellin.

Apparently 2 or 3 of the players are among the survivors.
Claudio Winck wasn't called-up for the final.

Actually Atletico Nacional has called for the trophy to be awarded do Chapecoense. They won't play the final, I just don't get how they would ever be required to do that.
That's a really decent sentiment. At times like this winning trophies becomes irrelevant, respecting the dead and their families with the trophy is at least a nice symbol as a momento.

RIP to those that died and best wishes to their families to cope with the grief. Not just the football team, but everyone else who shouldn't be forgotton for the headlines

Life really fecking sucks sometimes. That video of them celebrating just a few days ago is absolutely heartbreaking.

RIP :( My thoughts are with their families.

Ex-Sporting keeper Marcelo Boeck didn't travel with the team and is safe. Plenty of fake news around as usual so be careful.

How credible are these claims that the aircraft might have been out of fuel?

The crashing into a mountain does remind me somewhat of an American Airlines 757 which went down near Cali, Colombia, in the 90s.

Sad news. And like with Munich, there has also been a heavy toll among journalists who follow the team i understand. :(