PL Matchday 3 | 31/08/24 - 01/09/24

He literally kicked it away while the Brighton player was taking the freekick. It's not quite ref whistle blown kicking away
Where did I say it wasn't a yellow? I don't think you've understood my post

That referee is a dick. Everyone is ignoring that fact because it's Arsenal.
Nah, it's a deserved yellow card for interfering with the free kick. They can only cry about Veltman not getting a yellow card too but other than that i don't see much wrong.

Both Arsenal CBs were rubbish there. They didn’t even concede due to being a man down.

That's actually hilarious.

A red card for nudging the ball is very harsh.

The Brighton player isn't genuinely wanting to pass the ball, he's trying to get Rice carded for being too close to the ball.

The fact he ends up booting Rice is just pure comedy.
Don't think it's harsh at all. Refs are generally way too lenient on players stopping the resume of play. Standing in front of the ball, kicking it away, picking it up and walking with it then throwing it up in the air.

If your team fouls the other team, you should be carded if you do anything at all to disturb the resume of play. Rules in football are built a lot around that aspect. It's why we have throw-ins instead of kicks. It's why you only need to wait for the whistle from the ref when the ball is close to goal. It's a simple thing to enforce and football would be better off if refs would adopt a zero tolerance policy towards what is already in the rule books. It works very well in handball which is a sport with not many stoppages. I imagine it's the same in rugby.

LOVE this ref. Not falling for any Arsenal tricks. Just need him to send Arteta to the stands for a perfect night.

It’s a bullshit decision and it’s doubly bad as Brighton player escaped punishment. People are letting their bias blind them. It’s bullshit and the type of thing that hands the league to cheats, again.

If it was against United I'm pretty sure you both would disagree.
It was arguably harsh but it’s difficult to defend Rice’s behaviour. Total moron. Would be the same if it was a United player.

However Veltman should be booked too.

Arsenal were all over Brighton in those first 20 minutes. Should have been a few goals up. Another typical case of not taking chances and it coming around to bit you on the arse later.

Think Brighton will win this. 87th minute winner.

It’s a bullshit decision and it’s doubly bad as Brighton player escaped punishment. People are letting their bias blind them. It’s bullshit and the type of thing that hands the league to cheats, again.
It's 3 days in. Results this early on don't mean much.

Punishment for what?
Rice tried to impede the free kick with the sly kick out and got caught?

Punishment for what?
Rice tried to impede the free kick with the sly kick out and got caught?
You can't just boot someone though, even if Rice was being a twat.