PL Matchday 3 | 31/08/24 - 01/09/24

That’s a ridiculous decision by the ref. Surely it’s a yellow for the Brighton player?
Nope. Rice intentionally moved the ball right as the Brighton player was trying to take the free kick. As clear a yellow card as you’ll see all season long

This ref is terrible but Rice was a clown for tempting fate like that

I understand why it was given but if this was given against United, I would be upset.
It's not like Rice has kicked the ball away in frustration. He just nudged it away. For me It's similar to players lifting the ball and taking it with them to delay the restart.

Hahahaha. Serves him right for going down like a bitch

I think the thing I hate most about these refs is the lack of consistency in their decisions. In the first half a Brighton player smashed the ball away after the ref blew his whistle but he just let it slide. They pick and choose when they want to make these decisions and there is literally zero accountability

About time a ref had the balls to punish that shithousery..

Guaranteed if that's not an England player, there's no fuss about it.

"Fletch" finally understood it after 15 replays. A complete and utter dimwit.

Kavanagh so Arsenal fans gonna be swearing about us because he's been tagged a United supporter ref

I think the thing I hate most about these refs is the lack of consistency in their decisions. In the first half a Brighton player smashed the ball away after the ref blew his whistle but he just let it slide. They pick and choose when they want to make these decisions and there is literally zero accountability
He literally kicked it away while the Brighton player was taking the freekick. It's not quite ref whistle blown kicking away

I understand why it was given but if this was given against United, I would be upset.
It's not like Rice has kicked the ball away in frustration. He just nudged it away. For me It's similar to players lifting the ball and taking it with them to delay the restart.
It has been given against United a couple times last season too. Dalot even got 2 yellows for contestation in the same action.
Stupid from Rice and deserved the yellow, especially after his first foul where he was lucky Veltman jumped before

Got to admit that confused me at first too. Someone was shouting second yellow card and I thought it was Arsenal players trying to get Veltman sent off. Rice seemed to be trying to keep him out of trouble by shaking his head but might have been able to keep himself out of bother in retrospect.

He certainly looked surprised when it was him that got done!

Oh ok. So Rice red is harsh but, ok, fine.

Brighton player not even booked though :lol:

He does, looks down at the ball and kicks it slightly. Don't see bookings always for that

Brighton player not booked as he's trying to kick the ball, not Rice.

He was blocking the free kick and kicked the ball away. I don't get the complaints.

Arteta will come out guns blazing in the post match interview about getting hard done by the referee.

That's actually hilarious.

A red card for nudging the ball is very harsh.

The Brighton player isn't genuinely wanting to pass the ball, he's trying to get Rice carded for being too close to the ball.

The fact he ends up booting Rice is just pure comedy.