PL Matchday 3 | 31/08/24 - 01/09/24

City will probably win it again. They haven't had a preseason and the juggernaut will kick into gear at the business end as usual
beg to differ. arsenal has strengthen their squad and they were so close last season... who did city buy beside savio ? aging İlkay Gündoğan ?

and Ederson keep making mistakes although its still super early in the season

beg to differ. arsenal has strengthen their squad and they were so close last season... who did city buy beside savio ? aging İlkay Gündoğan ?

Ha ok, yes because city really needs to rebuild the squad this year.

Look at the young players they are bringing through

Ye but havertz probably still wont finish top 3 goalscorers. With a proper number 9 they’d probably win the league. Should have signed Toney.
Where's this overrating of Toney coming from? Havertz is a better player than him.

Arsenal have only one player who comes across as highly punchable and it’s Gabriel. Every time I watch them he comes as an utter twat + wannabe hard man. The rest of the team come across just fine.
Completely disagree.

Arsenal have only one player who comes across as highly punchable and it’s Gabriel. Every time I watch them he comes as an utter twat + wannabe hard man. The rest of the team come across just fine.
Partey?

The news on him have gone very quiet, haven’t heard any updates on his charges. There’s only this Ghanaian website stating “Pulse Sports also gathered that Partey is currently awaiting a charging decision for counts of sexual assault against five women, including an a former flame who famously called him out on X formerly known as Twitter over a year ago.”
https://www.pulsesports.ng/football...ild-with-model-girlfriend-2024012417161234810

Merino already out for 2 months, Calafiori is back up for Gabriel + Saliba. They’ve traded Nelson, ESR and Nketiah for Sterling.

I think the biggest thing in their favour is City no longer have a back up CF for Haaland, otherwise little has changed. If Haaland plays >30 league games I think City win the league.

Where's this overrating of Toney coming from? Havertz is a better player than him.
I can never understand that. Someone in the media must be doing some heavy lifting if Toney is this highly rated. He's turned into some world class striker on this forum.

That’s a ridiculous decision by the ref. Surely it’s a yellow for the Brighton player?

Maybe but he isn’t a better ST than him. Just like Alvarez is a better player than Haaland but doesn’t mean he’s a better goalscorer than him.

Rice knew what he was doing, he was being a dick. Veltman surely deserves a red as well though? You can’t just kick someone.

How thick are the TNT Sport commentators? Ally McCoist and his mate genuinely can't work out what the second yellow was for.

Wow. That’s probably the best refereeing decision I’ve seen for a while. Rice knew exactly what he was doing

That’s a situation where the referee could’ve used a bit for discretion. Silly from both players but could’ve just managed the situation better.