NFL 2024 | Let's Football

Mahomes being bookies MVP favourite with 6TD & 8 interceptions is remarkable
That's ridiculous. The scary thing about the Chiefs is that they're 6-0 while Mahomes is playing below average. Not just his average, but probably league-wide average.

Jared Goff MVP favorite for me up until this point. Darnold, Baker, Daniels, Lamar, Allen can all be grouped together after him in whichever ranking one likes imo.

The Lions average 40 PPG over their last 3 games with Goff going 61 for 68 (nearly 90% completion percentage) and a 7-0 TD:INT ratio, and two huge road wins in Dallas and Minnesota the last two weeks.

Just came into this thread to ask what's up with Mahomeboy? Is his true level finally shining through?
Kind of hard to ball out when your WR room consists of these 4 players: Xavier Worthy, Mecole Hardman, Justin Watson and Skyy Moore.

Plus the game stats show that he threw two interceptions last night but both of them were pretty unlucky. One was a tipped ball at the line of scrimmage and the ball then landed perfectly for the guy who tipped it to catch it. It was just a great play by the defender but 9 times out of ten the ball just falls to the ground in that spot. For the second one he threw the ball to Xavier Worthy who then tripped himself up and fell on his arse as soon as the ball left Patrick's hands.

He's not been lights out vintage Mahomes this year but when the game is on the line he makes a play and the Chiefs win. As long as he continues to do that he can be forgiven for not making wine from stale milk.

Kind of hard to ball out when your WR room consists of these 4 players: Xavier Worthy, Mecole Hardman, Justin Watson and Skyy Moore.
Yawn. Not like he also has Kelce or had Rice for over half of his games this season.

Look at Josh Allen's receiving core and tell me what's different. Shakir, Kincaid, Curtis Samuel, Coleman... Mahomes has been bang average, not sure why that's hard to admit.

Plus the game stats show that he threw two interceptions last night but both of them were pretty unlucky. One was a tipped ball at the line of scrimmage and the ball then landed perfectly for the guy who tipped it to catch it. It was just a great play by the defender but 9 times out of ten the ball just falls to the ground in that spot. For the second one he threw the ball to Xavier Worthy who then tripped himself up and fell on his arse as soon as the ball left Patrick's hands.

He's not been lights out vintage Mahomes this year but when the game is on the line he makes a play and the Chiefs win. As long as he continues to do that he can be forgiven for not making wine from stale milk.
Sounds fair enough. Haven't been following closely this year, but being 6-0 with mediocre QB play is actually quite impressive by the Chiefs.

What about Kelce? Has his age started to show now?

Yawn. Not like he also has Kelce or had Rice for over half of his games this season.

Look at Josh Allen's receiving core and tell me what's different. Shakir, Kincaid, Curtis Samuel, Coleman... Mahomes has been bang average, not sure why that's hard to admit.
Did I not just say he's not been vintage Mahomes? Oh and the Bills just cut MVS who was the Chiefs WR2 last year but was deemed worse than 6 other receivers on their roster. We also just lost Juju who was up until his injury yesterday our best available receiver, a guy who was just cut by the 1-6 Patriots. Our current receiving group is significantly worse than what the Bills have and that's even before you add in Amari Cooper.

Did I not just say he's not been vintage Mahomes? Oh and the Bills just cut MVS who was the Chiefs WR2 last year but was deemed worse than 6 other receivers on their roster. We also just lost Juju who was up until his injury yesterday our best available receiver, a guy who was just cut by the 1-6 Patriots. Our current receiving group is significantly worse than what the Bills have and that's even before you add in Amari Cooper.

worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

You do realise this came about from another poster saying I was too high on Mahomes. On the one hand if I say we're great then I'm apparently delusional. On the other if I say we aren't great I'm apparently moaning.

I just can't win. Just like every team that plays the Kansas City Chiefs.

That's ridiculous. The scary thing about the Chiefs is that they're 6-0 while Mahomes is playing below average. Not just his average, but probably league-wide average.

Jared Goff MVP favorite for me up until this point. Darnold, Baker, Daniels, Lamar, Allen can all be grouped together after him in whichever ranking one likes imo.

The Lions average 40 PPG over their last 3 games with Goff going 61 for 68 (nearly 90% completion percentage) and a 7-0 TD:INT ratio, and two huge road wins in Dallas and Minnesota the last two weeks.

Is it really this season?

QB analysis in the media is so much about perception and it's difficult to change perception so easily. The annoying thing this season is that I feel that lamar is the only top QB who has the resources & freedom to play entertaining football. Chiefs games in general are pretty abysmal to watch, yes they are a machine as a team but watching Mahomes used to be so much fun which isn't the case anymore. Allen & Herbert are going the same way as well

Damn, Daniels considered week-to-week. Didn’t seem to be so serious of an injury yesterday.

We might not get Caleb vs Daniels this week :(

Tua ruling out wearing the guardian helmet for "personal reasons". At this point, whether that helmet actually does much, we have to stop worrying about him. He seems fine with the prospect of his brain turning to mush.

He's performing his best in the 2nd and 4th quarters, struggling and starting slow in the 1st quarter and mixed bag in the 3rd quarter.

https://www.nfl.com/players/patrick-mahomes/stats/situational/

That's Mike Evans probably out for at least a few weeks. Maybe months.

I'd love it if Lamar wins one and finally silences the haters once and for all. There are so many fun SB matchups possible this season. A team from the NFC North against one of the AFC North good teams, or the Bills or Texans would be my preferred choice.

Gutted for Godwin :( FINALLY looked like himself again after those devastating knee injuries and now once again a season-ending one, in a contract year no less.

If the Ravens don't win this year they will never win, they are averaging like 10 yards per rush attempt, that's kinda unprecedented, Henry + Lamar is cheat code.

So Henry is fast approaching HoF territory, right?
He's a lock in. McCaffrey will probably get there too if his body doesn't give up. Other 2 vets who could feasibly get in someday if they continue strong for another 4+ years are Barkley and Kamara.

Kupp on the move? Apparently Rams willing to take on most of his salary for a 2nd rounder