New Stadium or Revamp Old Trafford | Aim is to build 100k seater stadium

Would you rather a new stadium or rebuild Old Trafford?

• New stadium

Votes: 946 55.8%
  • Rebuild Old Trafford

Votes: 748 44.2%

• Total voters
We could easily sell another 40k season tickets no? Given the current waiting list
I doubt it. The waiting list has returned since Covid to be fair but I'd be bowled over if there were even half the 40k you've suggested on the list genuinely wanting to buy one.

Paul Scholes (with Nicky Butt in the Manchester-Evening-News-Podcast) about this topic......

“The stadium is behind so many clubs. We’ve spoken before about the history of the club, Old Trafford and what has happened there, but if you look in 20 years and we have an amazing stadium, I don’t think people will talk about it.

“They need to have a stadium that fits the club because it’s fallen behind.

“I’d probably be in favour of knocking it down and going again. As much as you don’t want that to happen because of everything that has happened there in your life, but as Nicky said, if you add bits all the time as they have done with the training ground, it’s not going to be right.”

No but surely it’s only as complicated as building over a road and probably less than over a train/tramline, just leave a tunnel and fortify around it?

Building over a river/canal is simple enough and happens all the time. But I've no idea if putting a 100k seater stadium on it is feasible.

We wouldn't sell out 100k every week unless there was a significant reduction in ticket prices.

We'd struggle to sell 40,000 individual tickets for matches outside the top 6/7.
Really? I see week in week out 73k or more in attendance for most games. I flew 13 hours to try to catch a match in old Trafford and so many tickets were sold out for many of the matches.