New Stadium or Revamp Old Trafford | Aim is to build 100k seater stadium

Would you rather a new stadium or rebuild Old Trafford?

• New stadium

Votes: 1,000 56.6%
  • Rebuild Old Trafford

Votes: 766 43.4%

• Total voters
Stop NFL talk New
Lads can you all feck off with this talk of NFL, American cities and time zones? Most of us are coming here for any progress talk regarding a new stadium or refurbishing Old Trafford. Stop boring everyone else with those lengthy posts about things that are not relevant at this time

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but if they did knock Old Trafford down, have they mentioned any plans about selling off the red bricks to fans, as memorabilia?

Seems like an easy way of making a bit of funding. Box them up, small certificate of authentication, that sort of thing.

I feel like the cost of dismantling the bricks in such a way they would be fit for selling, would be higher than the amount you’d earn in sales.

I feel like the cost of dismantling the bricks in such a way they would be fit for selling, would be higher than the amount you’d earn in sales.
You just pay some people to go through the rubble with sledge hammers and sell the full bricks at a higher price down to tiny chunks that are super cheap.

The original tunnel should be carefully dismantled, though.
Or, you could leave the original tunnel and dugout as a monument, if there's room, that people can take pictures around. You screw some picture boards into it and create a true monument to every player that ever ran down it.

You just pay some people to go through the rubble with sledge hammers and sell the full bricks at a higher price down to tiny chunks that are super cheap.

The original tunnel should be carefully dismantled, though.
Or, you could leave the original tunnel and dugout as a monument, if there's room, that people can take pictures around. You screw some picture boards into it and create a true monument to every player that ever ran down it.
Do the original dugouts exist anymore?

How would that work?

Never mind the logistics, would they be playing at 12-1am or something?

I'm not sure, they've been trying to figure that out for years. They said in 2019 that we're ready for a full time team, I think they just trying to figure out how it would work, it may never happen but Spurs will host it..

Khan was trying to buy Wembley years back as he was thinking of bringing the jags over full time.

I see the RFL have signed a Grand Final agreement with OT until at least October 2027. Doesn’t change much of course, just confirms that no replacement/deconstructing of the current ground work will be commencing before 2028 at the earliest.