Michael Oliver

You just know that when he retires and releases his autobiography, which he of course will, he will admit to a number of problematic things and put the game into disrepute for a week until everyone just chooses to forget.

I doubt anyone could convince me that this piece of shit isn't paid by Abu Dhabi to help City out, whether it's a City game or their rivals'.

The league's integrity is in a shambles

F7WgYb5W0AAwbww

Weather is getting frisky, time to have a little trip !

Have I missed something or are you all referring to the 2nd yellow for kicking the ball away? Because that's a clear 2nd yellow.

The calling Walker over and then allowing play to restart before he was back is worse than the Trossard stuff imo

Have I missed something or are you all referring to the 2nd yellow for kicking the ball away? Because that's a clear 2nd yellow.
He didn't book a City player for doing precisely that earlier in the game. If you're going to send a player off for a minor infraction, it has to to, at the very least, be consistently applied.

He didn't book a City player for doing precisely that earlier in the game. If you're going to send a player off for a minor infraction, it has to to, at the very least, be consistently applied.
Arsenal players kicking the ball away after what happened weeks ago. Brain dead.

It's the strange assertion from the media that he's the "best" ref in the country that gets me.

Is that the one where Doku was kicking it back to where the foul took place? Admittedly I've only seen a poor quality highlight with no context.

Trossard just gave Oliver an “in”… stupid.

But didn’t Oliver say he didn’t want to send Kovacic off in a previous Arse City game because he didn’t want to influence the match?

THAT would be my issue if I was an Arsenal fan.

And the fact he’s allowed to ref City games at all given his well publicised overseas stints/payments is ridiculous.

Agreed. Doesn't have a great deal to do with what I said, though.
welcome to the club. oliver has spent years deciding to take a stand against united players doing what he lets every other side get away with.

the fact that this guy is seen as the best in the PL says all we need to know about the standard of referring these days, although he hasn't been awful today

It's a deserved sending off imo but Oliver shouldn't be allowed to ref games for City or their rivals

Is that the one where Doku was kicking it back to where the foul took place? Admittedly I've only seen a poor quality highlight with no context.

God knows I hate City with a passion, but I don’t rate that as kicking a ball away. Rice in no rush to take it and Oliver clearly saying it’s a few yards back… Doku just nudges it back a bit?

(But like Trossard, why give a ref any chance of carding you?)

It's not really where the foul took place to be honest. But that does highlight some potential interpretation issues with this rule.

Yeap, absolutely no difference in one player kicking the ball away as hard as he can and the other passing it to where the free kick was to be taken.

God knows I hate City with a passion, but I don’t rate that as kicking a ball away. Rice in no rush to take it and Oliver clearly saying it’s a few yards back… Doku just nudges it back a bit?

(But like Trossard, why give a ref any chance of carding you?)

Oliver is pointing at Rice for where the free kick should be taken and Doku kicks it several yards away from that (definitely a lot further than Rice nudged it).

If you're sending players for an offence, it must be consistent.

Yeap, absolutely no difference in one player kicking the ball away as hard as he can and the other passing it to where the free kick was to be taken.
think theres a video of bernardo silva kicking it away too before the first arsenal goal.

Also need to consider what Rice was sent off for. Its ridiculous interpretation.

think theres a video of bernardo silva kicking it away too before the first arsenal goal.

Also need to consider what Rice was sent off for. Its ridiculous interpretation.

Rice kicked it away from the spot where the free kick was to be taken. Trossard kicked to the other side of the pitch. Doku passed it towards the spot where the free kick was to taken. If he kicked it towards the add boards, I’m sure he would’ve been booked for that.

Feck it though, not interested in defending this cnut. Just find Arsenal’s victim complex and behaviour nauseating.

Last edited:
What about the rules around ref crowding and only captains allowed to approach the ref to talk to them? Seems like it’s not being enforced

His mistakes made the game more dramatic - sending off may have even been a blessing in disguise for Arsenal instead of playing City's game with the usual 4-1 thrashing.

I don't know if he was really justified in playing 99 minutes when he originally added 97. Some Arsenal players wasting time but enough for him to add on 2 extra mins?

His mistakes made the game more dramatic - sending off may have even been a blessing in disguise for Arsenal instead of playing City's game with the usual 4-1 thrashing.

I don't know if he was really justified in playing 99 minutes when he originally added 97. Some Arsenal players wasting time but enough for him to add on 2 extra mins?
He could have added on another 2 on top of the 2 and it would have been ok.

It should have been 10 extra mins in the first place. And then another 4 on top with all the time wasting and the goal added time. 7 mins was a godsend for Arsenal

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Trossard sending off. Two clear yellow cards.

He sent him off for kicking the ball away but if you listen to the replays the whistle is late and there’s like half a second between the whistle and the kick in a very loud stadium.

The problem with these yellow cards first and foremost is consistency. If you re going to do it...do it for all incidents. So far we are far from it. We are the most affected by far from it...but that leads me to the second point...

Our guys should learn by now not to do it. We are getting first half cards for this and there is no reason. It is putting us into trouble. We have definitely lost points doing it. This is becoming inexcusable. The refs are crappy and inconsistent, but this preventable.

The problem with these yellow cards first and foremost is consistency. If you re going to do it...do it for all incidents. So far we are far from it. We are the most affected by far from it...but that leads me to the second point...

Our guys should learn by now not to do it. We are getting first half cards for this and there is no reason. It is putting us into trouble. We have definitely lost points doing it. This is becoming inexcusable. The refs are crappy and inconsistent, but this preventable.
It's almost, just almost, a shock that no other team struggles with players getting sent off for this

He sent him off for kicking the ball away but if you listen to the replays the whistle is late and there’s like half a second between the whistle and the kick in a very loud stadium.
I don’t think the alleged time gap is relevant. It’s been jumped on as an excuse.

As Paul Merson said, if he was just carrying on as normal and hadn’t heard the whistle/didn’t have time to stop… he’d have played a simple 15 yard pass to his left where Martinelli was in loads of space.

But he hoofed it aimlessly.

It's almost, just almost, a shock that no other team struggles with players getting sent off for this
Well, we are likely among the worst offenders, but if there was consistency, there would be others in trouble. I count 3 players in our games that could have had one but did not...and I see probably close to one on average in other games I have watched.

I mean Trossard fecked Bernardo Silva, he was getting a yellow whether way you look at it. Don't think Arsenal complaints are very valid here tbh