Michael Oliver

Every major decision has been correctly officiated (which is surprising from Oliver) going by the rules set down by UEFA. Funny thing is Oliver doesn't give that handball if this is a Prem game.
He'll give it against United.

The pen is according to UEFA rules I guess. But ridiculous to let Havartz to go to a complete stop.

I do wonder what my opinion of his refereeing would be if his face made me less involuntarily angry. It's absolutely impossible for me to be objective and unbiased about his performances because I can't stand him at all. I swear he gets 10 times more closeups of his face than other refs too, the attention-craving prick.

How did he do that today?

Tonight’s decision in particular I would say he was only following the protocol, even if I don’t agree with it but it’s more a general statement about him. I always think he gets involved far too much, and feels the need to make himself known in a game.

Every major decision has been correctly officiated (which is surprising from Oliver) going by the rules set down by UEFA. Funny thing is Oliver doesn't give that handball if this is a Prem game.

I don't like him as a ref. The offside is offside per the technology, so there's not much he can say or do there. But that handball is incredibly harsh in any game and coming so quickly after the disallowed goal makes it even more frustrating. He could have done what he did in the FA cup and just given a goal kick.

I don't think he was involved in the decision making process for the offside or the pen, those were both essentially given by VAR and no ref goes against it once sent to the monitor.

However, I thought he was bad overall. He gave Germany a lot of soft frees. I know they don't register with most people but those decisions can really influence the flow and momentum of the game.

I don't think he was involved in the decision making process for the offside or the pen, those were both essentially given by VAR and no ref goes against it once sent to the monitor.

However, I thought he was bad overall. He gave Germany a lot of soft frees. I know they don't register with most people but those decisions can really influence the flow and momentum of the game.

Yeah, it was not a good performance. Constantly deceived by players flinging themselves to the ground under no contact. Plus he booked someone for an accidental clash of heads. Clearly a level below the better referees in the competition.

Michael Oliver has a list of appalling decisions to match any referee. He has more than a suspicion of bias against some teams and very in favour of one team in particular.

But the thing that's worst of all is that if there was never a single 'big call' controversy, he simply over officiates. He dictates games more than some players do and seems to be constantly on camera.

He's an awful referee. Simply brutal and the English media is mostly to blame for him after years of attaching 'our best referee' to his name simply because he broke into the PL young. He never kicked on and improved and actually has somehow got worse.

He gets Portugal vs France as a reward for being shit.

Taylor gets Spain/Germany.

That’s France through. He’s going to be an absolute cnut to Bruno and Ronaldo.