McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling him for around 30m would be a very good business for us.

Fulham would be a good move for him, can see him doing well there

Whilst I think he's worth 30 I imagine the clubs will be prepared to deal from around 20 +add ons

They've seemingly got a few incomings in the fire and will want to start freeing up squad space soon otherwise outgoing negotiations will get harder

Signs for Fulham.
Returns on first day of the season, scores the equaliser in the 90th minute.
It's written in the stars.

People take his goals at face value, casually ignoring that he offers nothing in link-up play and defensive options, just to be theplayer that will put the ball in the net. We lose too much by playing him, and his goals is not enough of a return to cover the loss.

If we're thinking of around 38 for ugarte, anything north of 25m is decent in terms of balancing books

He’s worth £30 million I’m not sure what’s so funny
He's not and he's extremely overrated here. Outside of England, no team would pay 20m for him. Here we can speculate to get 30m for him because of the different market prices and if we can get him gone for 25-30 that would be fantastic business.

West Ham spent £30m on JWP... McT is in the same ball-park of footballer.
Not sure on the second part of him being in the same ball park as JWP. I take JWP all day every day without thinking twice.

But I do agree that minimum I would accept is £30m because he's an international and because Manchester City sold a goalkeeper who never played a single senior match for them for £20m.

He's not and he's extremely overrated here. Outside of England, no team would pay 20m for him. Here we can speculate to get 30m for him because of the different market prices and if we can get him gone for 25-30 that would be fantastic business.

Outside of England very few teams actually pay big amount for footballers though.

Here we're talking about 27 year old a proven Premier League footballer for Premier League Clubs. That is generally worth something in the £30m range.

Not sure on the second part of him being in the same ball park as JWP. I take JWP all day every day without thinking twice.

But I do agree that minimum I would accept is £30m because he's an international and because Manchester City sold a goalkeeper who never played a single senior match for them for £20m.

I'd say they're fairly similar - both hard working, graft type CM's who won't control a game of football for you... JWP has a bit more quality with the ball at his feet and has his deadly set-pieces which probably puts him over, but then McT is better in the air has more prowess in the opposition box.

There is a lot of talk of us offering him a new contract and valuing him which hurts me deeply.
So annoying. United is above his level and the fact that he has had so many appearances is a direct indictment of how poorly run this club has been since SAF retired.

He needs to move on.

Hopefully Berarda can see mct is just not up to it and if we can get 25mill ..result !

Arsenal are quoting £40m for Smith-Rowe who has been injured for 2 years. McTominay is easily worth £30m probably more.

We have to get better at selling players.

He's really not, an awful footballer. He wouldn't make the midfield of any of any team in the top 10. Its players like him why we finished 8th.
He's worth what a buying club are prepared to offer for him. We rejected £30m from West Ham last summer so that's the kind of ballpark fee we should be looking for. Arguably more, given he had his best goalscoring season after we turned that offer down.

25 + and you sell. He isn’t a midfielder and we need the money for one.

Come on let’s sell him! This is a great window so far. Plenty of movement in terms of buying and selling. Let’s fully refresh our defence and midfield

He is surplus to requirements with Mount Bruno and Eriksen.

Playing him deeper makes no sense.

You mean the best young keeper in the league last season at 21 for £14.525 million last summer? Also goalkeeper for his international age group

McTom is a below average midfielder for the premier league + some goals that mark up his performances a bit.

If Fulham are offering £17 million its because theres little interest from other teams and they could probably pick up someone where the same is true from another league for around that figure. I wonder how much Lewis Ferguson would cost if they went to buy him instead. They might. He was signed for £1.67 million a few years ago

He can go, but this internet darling of a player (Mount) better start hitting some performances.

He's really not, an awful footballer. He wouldn't make the midfield of any of any team in the top 10. Its players like him why we finished 8th.

In general I agree, but his goals last season rescued us several times. For most middling teams those goals could be the difference between between safety and relegation, which is well worth £30m.

Incidently, I think JWP and McTominay would work well together, with JWP getting the ball into the box for McTominay to get on the end of. Those two + a decent DM would be a good starting midfield for a mid-table side.

Come on let’s sell him! This is a great window so far. Plenty of movement in terms of buying and selling. Let’s fully refresh our defence and midfield
Shouldn't sell him for 17 mill.

He can go, but this internet darling of a player (Mount) better start hitting some performances.
Internet darling? Most fans are very apprehensive about whether Mount will actually work here.

In general I agree, but his goals last season rescued us several times. For most middling teams those goals could be the difference between between safety and relegation, which is well worth £30m.
There are teams down there who spend plenty of money. For example Forest who finished 4th from bottom have spent £29 million on Sangare last summer and £34.4 million for Elliot Anderson this summer.

Why do you think they opted for those transfers instead of McTominay? Or if they have money on top of Anderson this summer arent in for him?

Theres a reason. Anderson played very well for Newcastle when he actually got a chance last season, but hes Scottish and unlike McTom he didnt get a look in for the euros

£25m + 5m add ons....that is exactly the business we need to do for this lad

that is monies straight into our FFP just like the 25m that will be going in there for Greenwood and the 5m for Willy

over 50m in homegrown monies that could be recuperated which would go a VERY long way into strengthening our CM and CB positions for the remainder of the transfer window

Scott is an ACM which we don't currently have a need for and he can't defend worth shit....so sell him

Status
Not open for further replies.