Mason Mount England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Close to Antony in rivaling as one of our worst transfers in the last decade. Chelsea really fleeced us.

The Athletic are reporting he is out for 4-5 weeks with a hamstring injury

Can’t wait to see the back of him, Shaw and Malacia. Get them an ambulance out of OT.

Didn't expect anything different. Not his fault, but people who sanctioned his purchase.

Something tells me his finished in terms of being a consistent player, there's a reason why Chelsea wanted to get rid

It's a pity Ashworth and co weren't here last summer, I doubt this transfer would have been sanctioned on their watch.

Buy a crock, expect a crock.

Crap and unavailable, hope we can get rid of him next year.

He still looked good the last few games, just as mobile as ever. I think it's pretty OTT to claim that's his career done. It's really frustrating admittedly

Close to Antony in rivaling as one of our worst transfers in the last decade. Chelsea really fleeced us.

Ten Hag fleeced us. All because he liked the way he played when on loan for Vitesse.

We bought him off the back of an inury hampered season at Chelsea.

We paid 60mil when he was into his last year of contract. What would we have valued him at if he had 3 years left on his contract? 100mil?

Gave him a big contract - £250k a week and could go as high at £300k a week with bonus, if reports are to be beleived....

And there is no obvious position to play him. He cant play in a side with Bruno. The 2 x 8's that Ten Hag tried at the start of last season left us wide open. We saw it in those early games last season v Spurs, Wolves and Forest where both started together.

At least with Antony, we were signing him for a particular role, as a right forward.

He’ll be pushing Antony close for that worse ever signing gig. If he makes 50 appearances for United I’d be shocked.

Feel very sorry for him. Can’t catch a break

Everyone saying it was obvious he was going to be this injury prone is full of shit. He'd played 30+ league games 4 seasons in a row and then still played 24 league games in his 'injury' season at Chelsea.

Nobody could have predicted it'd be this bad for him. The number of players with previously good/decent injury records that are suddenly Phil Jones as soon as they walk into Carrington over the last few years is incredible.

It's a pity Ashworth and co weren't here last summer, I doubt this transfer would have been sanctioned on their watch.
I mean we just signed Mazraoui who doesn’t have the best injury record.

50 pressing actions in a half of football. No wonder that hamstring went “cannae take the strain captain!”.

Honestly depressing stuff. As of now he is our worst transfer post SAF. Not only did we have no use for him, spent 60 Mil, gave him the #7 and he literally cannot stay fit for more than 2 games. Diabolical stuff. The cherry on the cake of the Glazer Era.

15th May 2023 - Phil Jones out.
5th July 2023 - Mason Mount in.
I give up.

Honestly depressing stuff. As of now he is our worst transfer post SAF. Not only did we have no use for him, spent 60 Mil, gave him the #7 and he literally cannot stay fit for more than 2 games. Diabolical stuff. The cherry on the cake of the Glazer Era.

Manager wanted him. Not The Glazers.

Made him our first signing of the summer.

Ten Hag fleeced us. All because he liked the way he played when on loan for Vitesse.

We bought him off the back of an inury hampered season at Chelsea.

We paid 60mil when he was into his last year of contract. What would we have valued him at if he had 3 years left on his contract? 100mil?

Gave him a big contract - £250k a week and could go as high at £300k a week with bonus, if reports are to be beleived....

And there is no obvious position to play him. He cant play in a side with Bruno. The 2 x 8's that Ten Hag tried at the start of last season left us wide open. We saw it in those early games last season v Spurs, Wolves and Forest where both started together.

At least with Antony, we were signing him for a particular role, as a right forward.

Yeah him being injury prone is unlucky, more than anything, though in hindsight perhaps more attention should have been with regards to his most recent injury riddled season at Chelsea and not the years of good health before.

The bigger issue like you say is that we're paying him important first team wages but there is no obvious place for him in the starting team. In theory, he is fine as a squad option but it's not economical to be paying a squad option £250k per week.

You gotta feel sorry for him, but whoever insisted on this transfer and medical team that allowed it to go through all deserve to get fired.