Mason Mount England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
I'd be concerned that a very injury prone player has now been tasked with the job of running and pressing harder than any other player.

Will only end with more injuries.

A signing that will never make sense for 55M on the last year of his contract. Plays his best in a position where the club captain plays 90% of the matches.

So problem being :

• He will not replace Bruno as our #10
  • Bruno and Mount together means one of them is always playing out of position
  • That's either Bruno as false 9 or Mount as CM, or either of them in the wing, neither of which are appealing options
If you cant find a permanent position which he can claim as his own(CM, #10 or LW aint happening), he's never gonna make it here. Add his limitations/injury problems, I can only see it ending one way. Criminal that we spend 55M on him, rather than on a actual CM like Lavia, Neves or Amadou Onana.

I'd be concerned that a very injury prone player has now been tasked with the job of running and pressing harder than any other player.

And when it inevitably happens we will all blame the player.

Last Arnlod and Murtough present before they were booted out of the club. Injury prone "can press" player on high wages for a huge fee.

A signing that will never make sense for 55M on the last year of his contract. Plays his best in a position where the club captain plays 90% of the matches.

So problem being :

• He will not replace Bruno as our #10
  • Bruno and Mount together means one of them is always playing out of position
  • That's either Bruno as false 9 or Mount as CM, or either of them in the wing, neither of which are appealing options
If you cant find a permanent position which he can claim as his own(CM, #10 or LW aint happening), he's never gonna make it here. Add his limitations/injury problems, I can only see it ending one way. Criminal that we spend 55M on him, rather than on a actual CM like Lavia, Neves or Amadou Onana.

The fact that Chelsea took the money, laughing all the way to the bank and then got Lavia with it irritates me every day.

Last Arnlod and Murtough present before they were booted out of the club. Injury prone "can press" player on high wages for a huge fee.
Was also another player ten hag apparently pushed for with the mad idea that he could play in a midfield three including casemiro and Bruno.

We are supposedly recruiting ugarte to suit his 'system' so hopefully that will work out better

The fact that Chelsea took the money, laughing all the way to the bank and then got Lavia with it irritates me every day.

Lavia has somehow done even less for Chelsea than Mount has for us.

Lavia has somehow done even less for Chelsea than Mount has for us.
He was injured for the whole season.... This season he's looked really good for chelsea.

Back on off the ball monster himself, this will be Mount's second season and if Omar Berrada is good to his word about how city dealt with players after 2 seasons of not playing upto their expected standards, then Mount should be out next summer.

He needs to be a bit of an attacking utility player. Also needs to add goals/ assists. A player we bring as an impact sub or for big games as a hard worker. There’s no place in the first 11 though.

Feel like people are a bit dismissive of the pressing aspect of his game, like it’s just mindless running around and anyone can do it. Very few players are as good at it as Mount and it has a big impact on our style of play.

He needs to be better on the ball but I hope we can find a place in the team for him.

Feel like people are a bit dismissive of the pressing aspect of his game, like it’s just mindless running around and anyone can do it. Very few players are as good at it as Mount and it has a big impact on our style of play.

He needs to be better on the ball but I hope we can find a place in the team for him.
Anyone can do it. It's the simplest part of football.

But willingness to do it is a different thing.

He'll never not be a useful squad member for us, and at best could hit a purple patch of form that maybe even keeps Bruno out of the starting XI when he inevitably goes on a cold streak.

Slight overpay, but should be a deal that works for us in the end, injuries permitting

Our style of play is crap so it's hardly a plus. We can get enough players to press like monsters, not worth paying 55 million for though.

That's his only way of influencing the team positively, been rubbish apart from that.

He wasn't injury prone when we signed him. He can't score or assist, so if he can't even run, then he's truly become VDB

In this high press, fast build up positional system we're trying to move to, here's more useful to the team than Bruno both in and out of possession.
He's done basically nothing on the ball since he's been here. Very little impact beyond being fairly tidy.

So we can't say he's more useful than Bruno in that sense.

I wish he was a bit more direct, but he has been a bit of a pleasant surprise for me these two first matches. Tidy and hardworking.

Is he injured again? Genuine question

Can we just have him fit to play about five matches in a row? All this stop start is just really annoying

In this high press, fast build up positional system we're trying to move to, here's more useful to the team than Bruno both in and out of possession.
If you'd like us to score more goals then benching Bruno for Mount isn't the answer. I'd rather they both start, but if it's a case of one or the other then it's a no-brainer.

Ah, feck this guy. I sympathize with injured players, but we've clearly bought a crock.

feck sake. I actually rate Mount unlike a lot in here but his injury record is an absolute disgrace.

Has he been available for any big game yet , beyond a joke at this stage.

Fecking get rid, he is mediocre and fecking injury prone on top of mediocrity.

Sad for him, but the Bruno at n9 experiment had run its course