View full 2023-24 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
90% of his assists at Chelsea were from corners.

He won't get as many goals either, because at Chelsea he was part of the front 3 with Werner and Havert when they played 5 at the back. With our 3 in midfield and Bruno as the AM, he'll be pushed further back.

No, 90% of his assists were not from corners. You also have no idea how many goals he is going to score. I know this is just pre-season, but he's been very close to scoring most games. His movement is excellent.

They didn't want him to leave though. Pocchetino was apparently quite annoyed they couldn't keep him. He's very much the kind of player Poch wants.

Also, both Arsenal and Liverpool wanted to sign him. As did Bayern. There aren't any alarm bells.
Yes and City wanted Fred and Maguire also.. Mount might have been 5th or 6th on their list. On our list he was nr1 :lol:

Caicedo to Chelsea
Lavia to Liverpool
Chelsea reject Mount to United.

Haha cant make this shit up. I thought we were heading in the right direction but this decision have proved one thing, we havent changed at all.

Theres no way this group will make top 5. No way.

Some on here are so short term. Yes every single player you buy is a gamble, but this guy has been here for 4 weeks and I can't believe what I read about him sometimes. He was not my first choice, but after thinking what Hag wants to do with him, I am super intrigued. The left side we often got overloaded, Rashford and Garnacho and this was made worse as we didn't have a striker as well as a 8 that could stretch the game wide like Bruno does on the right. I think Hags plan is to use his movement to overload the left more which frees our wingers to make more runs. This is exactly what happened today, Garnacho has so much space to run into. The other benefit of Mount is his desire to run into the box and either create or score. Today was a bad example, but I would expect him to be putting that away. We have a new system under way, even our current players were woeful in taht first half. I think in 12 months the tone will be very different here, I am for one intrigued with what he could do for us. We need a player that's wants to work hard for the team without the plaudits.

As expected, a ton of awful takes from the people who are sore we didn't buy their preferred midfielder.

He won't get as many goals either, because at Chelsea he was part of the front 3 with Werner and Havert when they played 5 at the back. With our 3 in midfield and Bruno as the AM, he'll be pushed further back.
It's amazing how consistently you're wrong about what Mount did at Chelsea. Do you make it up as you go along, or do you have a source that's feeding you this hokum?

I liked what I saw of him today. Works hard. Won the ball back a lot, and was in the right places to receive the ball in the attacking third.

He has always been wasteful of chances and the Caf will get on his case for missing quite a few this season. However we will create a lot more with him in the team.

He's just getting all his shit performances out of the way before the season starts. Believe

Another classic post where you make stuff up with complete bollocks. You do realise every players assists and goals are recorded right? It’s not even close to 50% of his assists. Similar nonsense to how you’ve watched every player for years before we signed them.

What? He has already shown his level is far higher than Lingard has ever shown. What are you on about?
He’s not shown he is better than peak Lingard in the few games he’s played for us. The poster said the comparison to what he’s been like and peak Lingard are apt.

He’s going to have to put in done big performances to convince people otherwise

He’s not shown he is better than peak Lingard in the few games he’s played for us. The poster said the comparison to what he’s been like and peak Lingard are apt.

My god, he’s not even played a single competitive game for us yet. :lol:

Do you think that's a fair comparison? Three pre-season friendlies vs 7 years of matches? Of course Lingard has shown more when you take into account that he has played around 7000 more minutes for United than Mount.

Do you think that's a fair comparison? Three pre-season friendlies vs 7 years of matches? Of course Lingard has shown more when you take into account that he has played around 7000 more minutes for United than Mount.
Peak Lingard was 18 months at best, not 7 seasons. And no it’s not fair, so the jury isn’t out at all, but it’s hard to see what Mount brings other than looking busy. I hope there’s more to his game and I hope his numbers are way better than Lingards.

Peak Lingard was 18 months at best, not 7 seasons. And no it’s not fair, so the jury isn’t out at all, but it’s hard to see what Mount brings other than looking busy. I hope there’s more to his game and I hope his numbers are way better than Lingards.
Pressing, ball retention, ball carrying and of course being a threat in and around the box. Hes very capable and established in all these things.

Some on here are so short term. Yes every single player you buy is a gamble, but this guy has been here for 4 weeks and I can't believe what I read about him sometimes. He was not my first choice, but after thinking what Hag wants to do with him, I am super intrigued. The left side we often got overloaded, Rashford and Garnacho and this was made worse as we didn't have a striker as well as a 8 that could stretch the game wide like Bruno does on the right. I think Hags plan is to use his movement to overload the left more which frees our wingers to make more runs. This is exactly what happened today, Garnacho has so much space to run into. The other benefit of Mount is his desire to run into the box and either create or score. Today was a bad example, but I would expect him to be putting that away. We have a new system under way, even our current players were woeful in taht first half. I think in 12 months the tone will be very different here, I am for one intrigued with what he could do for us. We need a player that's wants to work hard for the team without the plaudits.

Agree with a fair amount of this. Dont know if its a generational thing or modern football, but people are expecting instant results, criticising som eestablished players in preseason, like Casemeiro....but criticising new signings based on preseason is just weird to me.

I persoanlly was not excited about Mount as a signing, think he is a good player, but not sure how he fits into the role, or is the right player.....but same token intrigued to see how he is used and obviously Ten Hag really wanted him for specifica reasons. He certainly asnt my choice, not even on my radar as a signing, but certainly not going to judge him as a plyer for us until a good season or so....and people seem to forget just how instrumental he was for Chelsea just a couple of seasons ago

I know, and I’m not condemning him at this point. Just saying, as many others are, it’s difficult to see what he actually does.
I wasn’t even that excited about signing Mount but even still I can see Mount is a significantly better player than Lingard ever was.

What's funny is, when he played for Chelsea, I'd posit 80% of his current supporters didn't rate him nor understand why Chelsea fans rated him so highly. Now he's signed, suddenly they're attributing quality and and ability he doesn't have to him.

I think Chelsea fans rated him the way we rated Lingard for a while i.e because he was a home-grown, academy boy. Trouble is, he's just not that good, he's an average player who has decent physical attributes.

Issue is, he's not our homegrown player so he has no history nor goodwill because he's on £200k per week, cost £50m and is wearing our #7 shirt.

From the pre season games I've seen, he's looks OK but nothing stand out. Basically the same I thought when he was at Chelsea.

Be honest with yourselves, did you fear Mount when he lined up for Chelsea? No. You didn't.

I think it's fairly easy to see what he does. He forces mistakes by pressing relentlessly, initiating counter attacks very quickly after he has won the ball as he's got quite a nice burst of speed. He offers a passing option with his movement which is tougher than it sounds. Just have a look at how much more efficient we play with our passing compared to last season. This is not just Mount, of course, as he has Shaw and Martinez who are great with the ball too. He is great on the turn which makes it easier for him to carry the ball when he receives it. In nearly every game in the pre-season, he's been close to scoring and it just shows he's much more of a goal threat than Fred, McTominay or Eriksen.

He isn't a world beater, but he's an efficient midfielder who will likely get better when he's played more games with us. I think it's pretty clear what he does on the pitch.

What's funny is, when he played for Chelsea, I'd posit 80% of his current supporters didn't rate him nor understand why Chelsea fans rated him so highly. Now he's signed, suddenly they're attributing quality and and ability he doesn't have to him.

I think Chelsea fans rated him the way we rated Lingard for a while i.e because he was a home-grown, academy boy. Trouble is, he's just not that good, he's an average player who has decent physical attributes.

Issue is, he's not our homegrown player so he has no history nor goodwill because he's on £200k per week, cost £50m and is wearing our #7 shirt.

From the pre season games I've seen, he's looks OK but nothing stand out. Basically the same I thought when he was at Chelsea.

Be honest with yourselves, did you fear Mount when he lined up for Chelsea? No. You didn't.

I don't fear Enzo Fernandez, either, but I can still acknowledge he's a good player.

I think it's fairly easy to see what he does. He forces mistakes by pressing relentlessly, initiating counter attacks very quickly after he has won the ball as he's got quite a nice burst of speed. He offers a passing option with his movement which is tougher than it sounds. Just have a look at how much more efficient we play with our passing compared to last season. This is not just Mount, of course, as he has Shaw and Martinez who are great with the ball too. He is great on the turn which makes it easier for him to carry the ball when he receives it. In nearly every game in the pre-season, he's been close to scoring and it just shows he's much of a goal threat than Fred, McTominay or Eriksen.

He isn't a world beater, but he's an efficient midfielder who will likely get better when he's played more games with us. I think it's pretty clear what he does on the pitch.
I’ll watch more closely once our competitive games start to get a better sense of what he offers. At the moment I haven’t seen much to say he improves us massively.

When I see it I’ll buy in, until then there’s lots to prove
Hes already done it for a prolonged time in the Premier league. You can't just bury your head in the sand and pretend he didn't.

Thought he and the team were good today, especially 2nd half. Completely controlled the game and showing signs of that transition side Ten Hag wants us to become with Mount being a key part of that.

For those wondering why Mount just look how off the pace Eriksen has been. We needed someone that can contribute to the build up, attacking phases and can press relentlessly. Mount ticks all those boxes, and I can't think of many others that do who wouldn't have cost even more.

I feel like he’s either going to be the flop of the season or the surprise/ signing of the season. Don’t think there’s a middle ground. Could have a lot of fans/ rival fans eating humble pie.

He'll 100% start most big games

Yeh probably on a wing, not alongside Casemiro.

Just common sense there’s no chance mount is playing in a midfield 2 or where he did today against City or Liverpool. He’ll end up false nine or right wing in the big games similar to Bruno last season

I feel like he’s either going to be the flop of the season or the surprise/ signing of the season. Don’t think there’s a middle ground. Could have a lot of fans/ rival fans eating humble pie.
I agree, I think he’s either going to succeed or fail. Hell of a shout.

No, 90% of his assists were not from corners. You also have no idea how many goals he is going to score. I know this is just pre-season, but he's been very close to scoring most games. His movement is excellent.

Well obviously not 90% but a lot of his assists are from corners. Whether that'll be replicable with Varane and Martinez instead of Zouma, Rudiger and Silva is debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.