View full 2023-24 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
And finished 6th while doing so. Because their players were generally seen to have performed below expectation.

They won the toughest tournament, and 6th place matters how? We finished 6th in the 2021/22 season. We still have great players.

They won the toughest tournament, and 6th place matters how? We finished 6th in the 2021/22 season. We still have great players.

Because their 38 game campaign is a better reflection of how they performed that season than a cup tournament they won against all expectations?

Didnt think much of him in today's game, missed what should have been a simple goal for him too.

But I do think overall he's a good player and I was very impressed on his debut a couple of games ago. So I think at the very least he'll be useful. Its just whether he was a better pick for his fee and position than other players like Maddison. I cant imagine I'll be less impressed with him than Van De Beek, Fred and McTom by the end of the season.

Because their 38 game campaign is a better reflection of how they performed that season than a cup tournament they won against all expectations?
Are you purposely ignoring the structural change midseason by way of a new manager that would have affected the whole squad?

Didnt think much of him in today's game, missed what should have been a simple goal for him too.

But I do think overall he's a good player and I was very impressed on his debut a couple of games ago. So I think at the very least he'll be useful. Its just whether he was a better pick for his fee and position than other players like Maddison. I cant imagine I'll be less impressed with him than Van De Beek, Fred and McTom by the end of the season.

My sentiments also. I also can’t imagine I’ll be less impressed with him than the likes of VDB, Fred and Scott, and I also cannot imagine I will be as impressed with him as I am with unanimously accepted PL top midfielders. He is likely to be in between, and closer to a top midfielder than he is to the likes of VDB and co.

Think we will use him as an #8 in most games, and as a #10 in big games with Bruno from the right.

I just looked it up, and they didn't even end up 6th placed. They finished 4th and 3rd the years he won Player of the Year.

Of course you would, it suits your pathetic little agenda.

Mount was the best player in a CL winning team, and it doesn’t suit a lot of our fans agenda’s. Some very sad people will go to great lengths to shit on a player at their own club, never have understood it.

Are you purposely ignoring the structural change midseason by way of a new manager that would have affected the whole squad?
Of course he is, doesn’t suit his argument

Think the media gave him a lot of good press due to the fact he was one of the first English players to come through the Chelsea academy and play regularly for the first team.

Sure, everyone with reservations is ignorant, but you obviously know better. Sure MJ…
‘Reservations’ you really are ignorant if you don’t think some of our fans haven’t already written him off.

What the feck are you even talking about?

In fact, I’m curious, what would not ignoring the change in manager during the season look like in the context of this particular conversation?

Of course you would, it suits your pathetic little agenda.

Mount was the best player in a CL winning team, and it doesn’t suit a lot of our fans agenda’s. Some very sad people will go to great lengths to shit on a player at their own club, never have understood it.

Oh shut up man. About ‘pathetic little agenda’. Do you know what an ‘agenda’ is/means? And if you do, present just one valid reason why anyone in this thread who doesn’t think Mount is an amazing player would have one.

‘Reservations’ you really are ignorant if you don’t think some of our fans haven’t already written him off.
Absolutely no one is writing off a new signing after three friendlies but people have the right to express their opinion and reservations on Mounts game, what he brings to United and if he can actually improve us. Why are you commenting on everyone’s post who has doubts and calling them ignorant? Why not just chill out and come back when he actually has a good game to say ‘I told you so’? There’s no reason to be so extreme and believe that everything is inherently negative.

This is one of those signings where it's the vision of the manager that will determine the players success. I'll reserve judgement until a few games into the league season. I rated Mount relatively high at Chelsea but have always felt he's misused when being deployed in a traditional midfield role hence his performances for England.

What the feck are you even talking about?

In fact, I’m curious, what would not ignoring the change in manager during the season look like in the context of this particular conversation?
You're talking about them finishing 6th and somehow trying to discredit Mason Mount as part of that argument. But you're ignoring all context associated with that.

Personally, and I might have said this about 8 times, I think Mount is a good player. Far from being a terrible player, and above being an average player. I also think he is never going to be a top player. Like other ‘interiors’ like Bernardo Silva, Kevin de Bruyne or Kanté at his prime. Naturally, as a fan of the football club, when we have a first team opening, especially one where we are willing to commit big money towards, I am always hopeful and wishful that we can get one of the top players, or a player who I think has the potential to be one of the top players. Failing that, of course, the next best thing is to at least get a ‘good’ one, which is what I see Mount as. Good players, especially consistent ones, help form the foundation of a team for the top players to do their thing and make the difference. I see Mount in this category, and this is my hope and expectation from him. A consistent level of good performance which includes a lot of dirty work.

feck me. A few pre-season games and he's already "Mason Lingard" and being shifted to the right wing. Even for knee-jerking Caftards that must be close to an all time low.

Obviously you're entitled to your opinions, but maybe you would be better off reserving your hot takes until he's at least played a few actual games at his new club.

Whenever I saw him for England or Chelsea, he looked very average. But, I won't give up on him yet. He is still 24 and with some work can improve.

I really want him to do well, but I have a feeling he will be one of those “all fart and no poop” type players.
Klopp's centre Midfield pair were basically all fart no poo players. Like I posted here before, many of you wanted a certain type of Midfielder and a disappointment that the manager doesn't see it your way.

feck me. A few pre-season games and he's already "Mason Lingard" and being shifted to the right wing. Even for knee-jerking Caftards that must be close to an all time low.

Obviously you're entitled to your opinions, but maybe you would be better off reserving your hot takes until he's at least played a few actual games at his new club.

Yeah, it's sad. I think he's done well, actually - not at the center of things or massively influencing games yet but he's clearly still finding his place in the team and system. He should have scored today - but who gives a shit really? I have no doubt that he'll be a vital player for us this season.

Whenever I saw him for England or Chelsea, he looked very average. But, I won't give up on him yet. He is still 24 and with some work can improve.
Very nice of you to wait until he's played at least one minute of actual competitive football for United before giving up on him :)

Absolutely no one is writing off a new signing after three friendlies but people have the right to express their opinion and reservations on Mounts game, what he brings to United and if he can actually improve us. Why are you commenting on everyone’s post who has doubts and calling them ignorant? Why not just chill out and come back when he actually has a good game to say ‘I told you so’? There’s no reason to be so extreme and believe that everything is inherently negative.
Yes you are ignorant.

:lol: You’ve had a nightmare in here today. Let’s talk again when he does something noteworthy and we can all agree he does something that isn’t running around.

I love how when Bruno does nothing in a game, he is excused with "but he runs around, presses so much and works hard defensively" but when Mount does it, it doesn't count for shit :lol:

:lol: You’ve had a nightmare in here today. Let’s talk again when he does something noteworthy and we can all agree he does something that isn’t running around.
Nope. People have indeed written him off after 3 games. Has nothing to do with anything else for me at this point. He may not pan out, but to see some of the comments the last few weeks is utterly pathetic.

The fact you think people haven’t written him off in this thread, no less is laughable.

I love how when Bruno does nothing in a game, he is excused with "but he runs around, presses so much and works hard defensively" but when Mount does it, it doesn't count for shit :lol:
Bruno hardly does "nothing" in a game, good or bad. And you will have a point when the Mount's stats of defensive ability match Bruno's in general. It is not like people talked about it randomly out of their ass.

Bruno hardly does "nothing" in a game, good or bad. And you will have a point when the Mount's stats of defensive ability match Bruno's in general.

It's a figure of speech. No player ever does nothing, but he is the creativity in our team. When he creates one chance during a game, I'll call that nothing, in terms of what I expect from him.

And what do you mean? Mount presses more efficiently than Bruno, whilst also being more physical. I think Bruno runs more, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.