Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

Real Madrid are no doubt keeping a close eye on Greenwood. Irony if he does and meets us in the CL next season.

eh

Garnacho has 2 G/A so far this season and probably should have at least 1-2 more

Garnacho is great, fantastic work ethic but in terms of talent it's not even close I'm afraid. MG is a generational talent, AG doesn't have the same ceiling.

Already a brace in the first half. On form, he should be able to contribute 20-30 goals given the league quality.

Nicely taken goal. On form, he should be able to contribute 20-30 goals given the league quality.
The French league isn’t easy. It’s not like Neymar and Mbappe were scoring 50 league goals a season (and they were at PSG).

The French league isn’t easy. It’s not like Neymar and Mbappe were scoring 50 league goals a season (and they were at PSG).

I meant in all comps. Cavani and Zlatan got around 50 in a couple of seasons. Mbappe was well into the 40s, so Greenwood should be able to get 20-30 goals. I mean he's already got two in only first 45 minutes, so he's well on his way.

It is frustrating that Getafe and Marseille will profit handsomely from all this while United get a tiny return on someone who will be a world class player

It is frustrating that Getafe and Marseille will profit handsomely from all this while United get a tiny return on someone who will be a world class player

Eh I'll take the money. 30M already and will be more by the time he's done with Marseille. Seems destined to bang them in for PSG.

Garnacho is great, fantastic work ethic but in terms of talent it's not even close I'm afraid. MG is a generational talent, AG doesn't have the same ceiling.

Couldnt disagree more. Harder worker yes, scoring goals in big games, better dribbler and also more pace. In the national squad of the world cup champions at 18-19. In 2 years Garnacho is going to be far beyond where Greenwood is

The goals are a penalty and the goalkeeper howler. OM scored 3 goals in 3 shots, while getting outplayed. Calm down

Couldnt disagree more. Harder worker yes, scoring goals in big games, better dribbler and also more pace. In the national squad of the world cup champions at 18-19. In 2 years Garnacho is going to be far beyond where Greenwood is

I don't think he will ever become the goal threat that Greenwood is. I'd be happy if Garnacho gets us 10-15 goals a year. Greenwood's ceiling is far higher.

Incredible finisher, and can dribble with both feet. He's some talent.

I don't think he will ever become the goal threat that Greenwood is. I'd be happy if Garnacho gets us 10-15 goals a year. Greenwood's ceiling a far higher.

He doesnt need to, as hes far better at creating for teammates, working for the team and dribbling. He's the better player.

Greenwood is just a goalscorer and honestly he was a better one when he first came into the team and took his shots early surprising goalkeepers. After his first season hes been a lot less dangerous and quite streaky. He'll still score goals but I doubt he'll get more than 3 or 4 more than Garnacho each season assuming the leagues are similar strength. In France Greenwood should be able to get 15 which is more like 10 in the premier league and would equal his best here.

It is what it is. His legal/personal situation meant retaining at the club was a PR hot potato - we didn't need the drama. Everything is amplified when it's Manchester United. It's best for all involved.

He doesnt need to, as hes far better at creating for teammates, working for the team and dribbling. He's the better player.

Greenwood is just a goalscorer and honestly he was a better one when he first came into the team and took his shots early surprising goalkeepers. After his first season hes been a lot less dangerous and quite streaky. He'll still score goals but I doubt he'll get more than 3 or 4 more than Garnacho each season assuming the leagues are similar strength. In France Greenwood should be able to get 15 which is more like 10 in the premier league and would equal his best here.

Like I said, I would be impressed if Garnacho ever reaches the ceiling I think Greenwood is capable of.

Still too much of a gamble. If he has a season of two of scoring 20+ in France, he’ll move to a better club, not sure if Barça or RM though

He was going for cheap so if they had any interest in him after his off the field issues it'd have been a no brainer to pick him up. No big clubs had any interest. Now 3 or 4 seasons down the line will they try it thinking people will have gotten over what happened? Maybe.

That technical ability is undeniable and he’s an incredible finisher. you don’t end up rubbing shoulders with Owen, Fowler and Rooney as highest scoring teens in the prem for no reason. And Greenwood was doing it in an incredibly inconsistent United team.

He’s the best out of Carrington in decades.

He will likely get a big move within the next two years.

It is what it is.

I'll be very surprised if Greenwood ever reaches the ceiling you think Greenwood is capable of.

If two goals in the first half are anything to go by, he's well on his way, especially given the quality of defending I'm seeing.

I meant in all comps. Cavani and Zlatan got around 50 in a couple of seasons. Mbappe was well into the 40s, so Greenwood should be able to get 20-30 goals. I mean he's already got two in only first 45 minutes, so he's well on his way.

Mbappe and others played for PSG who is are much bigger team in comparision with Marseille and much easier team to play for talented strikers in France, and especially in Europe.

If two goals in the first half are anything to go by, he's well on his way, especially given the quality of defending I'm seeing.

I agree about the defending. The goalkeeping on the first goal is terrible but I've seen Garnacho with finishes like that on his left foot. And the other is a penalty

But I dont see why the quality of defending has anything to do with your view on his potential unless you have decided on a fixed amount of goals that isnt adjusted for being in an easier league. Like if you decided his potential is "25 goal a season forward" but it doesnt matter if thats in the premier league or in the greek league.

We just saw Garnacho score against City, you dont think he could score 1 goal and a penalty against Brest?

He had games last season where he got 2 in the premier league

I agree about the defending. The goalkeeping on the first goal is terrible but I've seen Garnacho with finishes like that on his left foot. And the other is a penalty

But I dont see why the quality of defending has anything to do with your view on his potential unless you have decided on a fixed amount of goals that isnt adjusted for being in an easier league. Like if you decided his potential is "25 goal a season forward" but it doesnt matter if thats in the premier league or in the greek league.

We just saw Garnacho score against City, you dont think he could score 1 goal and a penalty against Brest?

He had games last season where he got 2 in the premier league

The goal was well taken. The keeper wrongly guessed near post, Greenwood went wide. Most keepers would've struggled to stop that shot. Second, I don't buy the needless harping on the Garnacho comparison. I think some are simply engaging in sour grapes by shopping for flimsy excuses as to why Greenwood wouldn't have been a good football fit at United, when its obvious the club got rid of him for other reasons.

That technical ability is undeniable and he’s an incredible finisher. you don’t end up rubbing shoulders with Owen, Fowler and Rooney as highest scoring teens in the prem for no reason. And Greenwood was doing it in an incredibly inconsistent United team.

He’s the best out of Carrington in decades.

He will likely get a big move within the next two years.

It is what it is.
He's not better than mainoo even, though.

Some of you probably think Real Madrid will pinch your wife if she dresses nice on an occasion.