Manuel Ugarte | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton did that for me, no reason to bother with this manager anymore his time is up

Wish INEOS were thinking that same thing, anyway back on topic good luck to Manuel and hope you make squad against Southampton

He’s left handed I see! He’s right footed isn’t he?

Disgusting!

All our hope now is on him. If we put him in the DM roles and we are still shits then the season will be truly over. We got no one else for DM. He has to be our new new Keane or Carrick effects.

All our hope now is on him. If we put him in the DM roles and we are still shits then the season will be truly over. We got no one else for DM. He has to be our new new Keane or Carrick effects.
Keane was a generational player. Expecting Ugarte to be even in the same league is ridiculous expectations. As for Carrick, Michael was more of a playmaker than a player who broke up the play.

Well he isn’t a magician. It all depends on if tactics are changed to suit our players.

Wonder if Ten Hag will put him in right away. What a big call. Does he trust Casemiro again? That would be huge pressure on Ugarte.

No matter who, if I'm South Hampton, after watching that Liverpool game I'd be absolutely flying at whoever is in there.

we need him to start playing asap. He was in copa America latter stages so should be fit enough. He was training too just wasn’t playing

Keane or Carrick could only have the effect they had because they were surrounded by quality who won us games.

Imagine no one in front of them had scored goals and finished the games. Keane or Carrick would be called idiots too on here and put under the microscope for something silly, even when having a brilliant game.

Is he playing during the international break? And does that mean he will come back late making it harder for him to be integrated?

It’s as clear as day he will be on the bench for Casemiro against Southampton. ETH pretty much said it will take time to integrate him, months in fact which is nonsense of course but he will play Casemiro because 1) he’s stubborn 2) give Casemiro a chance to redeem himself
If we get over run in midfield again (with Case on that will happen) Ugarte will come in.
Opposition managers know and have always known that Casemiro is a weak spot and can be exploited. Throwing Ugarte in the mix will show 1) we are trying to get it right and 2) opposition don’t know him yet, how he plays etc

But of course ETH will have Casemiro on ahead of Ugarte. I’d be shocked if he wasn’t.

It’s as clear as day he will be on the bench for Casemiro against Southampton. ETH pretty much said it will take time to integrate him, months in fact which is nonsense of course but he will play Casemiro because 1) he’s stubborn 2) give Casemiro a chance to redeem himself
If we get over run in midfield again (with Case on that will happen) Ugarte will come in.
Opposition managers know and have always known that Casemiro is a weak spot and can be exploited. Throwing Ugarte in the mix will show 1) we are trying to get it right and 2) opposition don’t know him yet, how he plays etc

But of course ETH will have Casemiro on ahead of Ugarte. I’d be shocked if he wasn’t.
Casemiro has been a weak spot because he has been exposed through the system. Especially last season.

Lots of padding on the back there from ETH for his new dog in midfield.
It feels like you are having your family visiting you and that one cousin who is so obnoxious overwhelmes you for the whole day.

Casemiro will definitely start against Southampton, no doubt about that; Ugarte will probably see 20 minutes if he comes on. A lot rest will rest on his shoulders, let’s hope he can get off to a flyer.

Slightly off topic, you do wonder what our midfield might have looked like in future if we had managed to retain Angel Gomes. He looks like a clever footballer and good luck to him if he does make his full England debut on Saturday.

Watching things like this always remind me just how much non-footballing PR sh*te they have to do. I'd really hate doing that side of it all. And it's often rather cringy just to watch, as some look as uncomfortable as I'd be doing it. Ugarte being one.

Keane was a generational player. Expecting Ugarte to be even in the same league is ridiculous expectations. As for Carrick, Michael was more of a playmaker than a player who broke up the play.
Carrick still broke up the play a lot, although he did it more with great positioning than actively hunting the ball down. He was one of the best I've ever seen at positioning himself in ways that forced opposition attacks to slow down and go sideways or backwards, giving the rest of our players time to get back and help out.

Carrick still broke up the play a lot, although he did it more with great positioning than actively hunting the ball down. He was one of the best I've ever seen at positioning himself in ways that forced opposition attacks to slow down and go sideways or backwards, giving the rest of our players time to get back and help out.
Yeah exactly this. Carrick’s ability to position himself correctly to cut out all dangerous passing avenues is second only to Anthony Taylor.

We could buy prime Keane and Scholes and it wouldn't make any difference thanks to 'genius' tactics by ETH.

Feel sorry for Ugarte coming into this mess.

Last edited:
We could buy prime Keane and Scholes and it wouldn't make any difference thanks to 'genious' tactics by ETH.

Feel sorry for Ugarte coming into this mess.
Yeah I try not to be too negative atm... but it does feel exactly like this at times with ETH.

Wrong thread as well.. but it really annoys how we bought Mount instead of a deep lying playmaker or box to box mid or a player like Ugarte at the time we bought Mount.

Lots of padding on the back there from ETH for his new dog in midfield.
That was quite funny

ETH: (Pointing at wall) This is what we got, our guy that fights
MU: Who? :lol:
ETH: You :eek:
MU: Ah, yes, I fight a lot :rolleyes:

Yeah I try not to be too negative atm... but it does feel exactly like this at times with ETH.

Wrong thread as well.. but it really annoys how we bought Mount instead of a deep lying playmaker or box to box mid or a player like Ugarte at the time we bought Mount.

Yeah, it's hard to be positive when we look so clueless and amateurish all the time with ETH at the helm.

As for Mount, it was most obvious unnecessary transfer for United at the time, for everyone bar ETH.
Hopefully he won’t have to suffer him too long before INEOS see sense and get rid.

The sooner he's gone the better.

So, when's he picking up his first injury for us? I reckon he misses a game within first 5 he's available for us.

Seems like ETH did his homework and read up on his upbringing.

Not sure Ugarte inferred that though. Probably wondered why this bald man kept telling him his dad was a great guy despite never meeting him. Sperm quality?

"He is also from Uruguay" is all he could find.

So, when's he picking up his first injury for us? I reckon he misses a game within first 5 he's available for us.
He will miss the season with a broken toe playing for Uruguay. But only after we've sold Casemiro to Turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.