Manuel Ugarte | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's hard to be positive when we look so clueless and amateurish all the time with ETH at the helm.

As for Mount, it was most obvious unnecessary transfer for United at the time, for everyone bar ETH.
The Mount signing made sense considering the formation and tactics that ETH wanted to use that season. ETH effectively wanted to play with two #10's who could press high to win the ball back. As such, bringing in Mount made sense as he fit that idea well.

Of course, as it turns out (and what anybody with eyes could see right from preseason) that same tactical structure and formation was utterly suicidal and let basically every team we played all season run through our midfield at will. But it's what ETH wanted, so the club tried to give him the players to do it.

It's amazing that so many South Americans have done well for united now that there's not much fear.

There's the power Martinez and the great youngster Garnacho. Let's not forget that Sergio Romero, Fred, Tevez were very good players. And there's also Diego Forlan, Anderson and Cavani who did well.

It's amazing that so many South Americans have done well for united now that there's not much fear.

There's the power Martinez and the great youngster Garnacho. Let's not forget that Sergio Romero, Fred, Tevez were very good players. And there's also Diego Forlan, Anderson and Cavani who did well.

Rafael and Valencia deserve mentions ahead of Forlan and Cavani, even Anderson arguably.

Rafael and Valencia deserve mentions ahead of Forlan and Cavani, even Anderson arguably.

It's kind of funny because I don't know if there is an argument against Valencia being by some distance the best. He is an example of how spoilt we have been, he was so steady that we took him for granted.

It's kind of funny because I don't know if there is an argument against Valencia being by some distance the best. He is an example of how spoilt we have been, he was so steady that we took him for granted.

Yup, example of a proper club servant. Sacrificed position and role to help the team and was deservedly only a CL runners-up medal away from winning everything during his time with us.

Poor guy is walking into a minefield. Expectations will be nothing less than him hitting the ground running

Wouldnt say Anderson done well. He came with a wonderkid reputation and he was pretty dissapointing. Solid yeah, but overall, he didn't live up to the hype.

Brazilian players for us have been a let down to be honest.

Valencia was an absolute unit. Always remember a tackle against Bayern in the CL where he went in for a huge fifty-fifty, both players could have been sent off for dangerous play and studs up. Underlined how fearless he was, despite having recovered from a broken leg, was always committed.

Hopefully Ugarte brings some of that steel back.

This whole persona about hom being a fighter, feel there's an opportunity missed not introducing him with that meme: "I don't want peace, I want problems always"

I’m praying this Bond villain looking bastard is the answer to our prayers.

Otherwise it’s full on doom. No pressure!

So where can we see this guy play for Uruguay?

They're playing early hours tonight?

Got the highest rating on the pitch in his game for Uruguay.

First minutes of the season for Manuel Ugarte against Paraguay:

Minutes played 79

87% Accurate passes
8/12 Accurate long balls
2/5 Tackles won
6 Recoveries
4 Clearances
1 Interceptions
12 Duels won
1 opportunity created

First minutes of the season for Manuel Ugarte against Paraguay:

Minutes played 79

87% Accurate passes
8/12 Accurate long balls
2/5 Tackles won
6 Recoveries
4 Clearances
1 Interceptions
12 Duels won
1 opportunity created
Most important "stat" is that he didn't get injured (he didn't, did he?)

looking forward to seeing him in red

can't escape the feeling though that he's just going to be another passenger in a dysfunctional Ten Hag tactical setup

We’re so jaded it’s funny how we are still so uncertain about this. He’s a genuinely world class player in his position who is consistently one of if not the top performer for his nation too. He’s not gonna be the expressive playmaker we also need but he absolutely IS going to be a massive upgrade. What we need to do is not get on his back if that’s not immediately - hell it may not even be this season or with this manager because there’s a lot that’s broken currently. As a clubs signing for where we want to go, he’s perfect

He does very few long balls, he's a very safe passer.
Which will help us maintain possession. Unlike Casemiro who whacks it first time every time he receives the ball without actually aiming for anyone. I seen a clip earlier with Ugarte doing long balls out to the wide men. When he hits them he does it quite accurately

Which will help us maintain possession. Unlike Casemiro who whacks it first time every time he receives the ball without actually aiming for anyone. I seen a clip earlier with Ugarte doing long balls out to the wide men. When he hits them he does it quite accurately
Yea in theory, but our players don't make themselves available, they just run up the pitch.

It’s funny that ETH is saying he might not come into the first 11 straight away as he’s hardly played any games and needs to build up fitness. The guys played a copa America during the summer and just played 80 mins last night. Stop making excuses and get him in the team man! He could be the difference in saving your job or not

Yea in theory, but our players don't make themselves available, they just run up the pitch.
True. Doesn’t help having wingers that prefer balls over the top rather than to feet. Bruno will often make him self available and create space for himself.

It’s funny that ETH is saying he might not come into the first 11 straight away as he’s hardly played any games and needs to build up fitness. The guys played a copa America during the summer and just played 80 mins last night. Stop making excuses and get him in the team man! He could be the difference in saving your job or not
He had like a 6 week break which is more than players usually get over the summer.

It’s as clear as day he will be on the bench for Casemiro against Southampton. ETH pretty much said it will take time to integrate him, months in fact which is nonsense of course but he will play Casemiro because 1) he’s stubborn 2) give Casemiro a chance to redeem himself
If we get over run in midfield again (with Case on that will happen) Ugarte will come in.
Opposition managers know and have always known that Casemiro is a weak spot and can be exploited. Throwing Ugarte in the mix will show 1) we are trying to get it right and 2) opposition don’t know him yet, how he plays etc

But of course ETH will have Casemiro on ahead of Ugarte. I’d be shocked if he wasn’t.
It also buys him more time. If he doesn’t play him, he has the excuse that things will turn around once he integrates him into the team, and people will absolutely buy it.

It also buys him more time. If he doesn’t play him, he has the excuse that things will turn around once he integrates him into the team, and people will absolutely buy it.
I don't think he'll start vs Southampton simply because Uruguay next play 11pm UK time on Tuesday. Factor in travelling, hes not going to get chance to train much with the team before the game.

Wouldnt say Anderson done well. He came with a wonderkid reputation and he was pretty dissapointing. Solid yeah, but overall, he didn't live up to the hype.

Brazilian players for us have been a let down to be honest.
Think even solid might be overselling Anderson, he was pretty shite for us.

I don't think he'll start vs Southampton simply because Uruguay next play 11pm UK time on Tuesday. Factor in travelling, hes not going to get chance to train much with the team before the game.
I doubt he starts any of the next 3-4 games. The coach himself said it will take many weeks, months.

He had like a 6 week break which is more than players usually get over the summer.
Had he not been training in the summer with PSG Up until his transfer move was done?

True. Doesn’t help having wingers that prefer balls over the top rather than to feet. Bruno will often make him self available and create space for himself.
Bruno is usually up with our striker though, or without a striker he's the furthest forward. There is a big gap.

Except for the game against Arsenal when he 's**t on Fabregas,' with a little help from the de Silva twins Fabio and Rafael (FA cup 4 or 5th round, at OT).:lol:

He already shat on Fabregas against Arsenal back in 2008! The Cup match was much later.

Except for the game against Arsenal when he 's**t on Fabregas,' with a little help from the de Silva twins Fabio and Rafael (FA cup 4 or 5th round, at OT).:lol:
Haha, I remember that. That was in the sixth round of the FA Cup. Anderson’s best performance for me would be the 4-1 win over Schalke in the Champions League semi-finals later that season, in which he scored 2 goals.

He already shat on Fabregas against Arsenal back in 2008! The Cup match was much later.
Thanks for the correction. I always thought it was around 2008- 2010.
We had to move out of our family stand seats for some reason and finished up watching from eye-level in the South Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.