Manuel Ugarte | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope he starts on Saturday. Feels like the eth approach, excluding Mazraoui, is to ease players in like he has with de ligt and Zirkzee but given how poor Casemiro was vs. Liverpool I think the move should be to immediately go with Ugarte.

It is pretty unusual for DM to get MOTM. Are we sure this is not United fans getting excited and voting for Ugarte?
No idea who has him down as MOTM and whether it's an official thing or fan poll.

Having watched both games, I can say:
  1. He's had better games, but did very well in a rough setting
  2. We were completely depleted, with only 4/5 regular starters, 5th and 6th choice CBs, 4th choice LB, 2nd choice wingers playing as CMs, etc. I also have a newfound appreciation for Darwin Nuñez, I will long for him for another 4 games.
  3. Rivals had the initiative and the MOTM in my book was our goalie.
  4. Still, nothing much happened through the centre between penalty box and midfield, our rivals invariably progressed out wide and crossed
  5. We 100% would have lost both games without him as they would have been all over us and nobody else at the back (bar Varela vs Venezuela, in fairness) seemed remotely capable of dealing with the ball like it wasn't a hot potato.

Status
Not open for further replies.