Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casemiro looks to be staying and Amrabat could be signed.

Mainoo/Mount - Casemiro/Amrabat

Not what people want to hear, but it could happen.
Another mediocre season loading then. If Casemiro is still the first choice, we may finish 10th.

I'm worried they think they can get by because one of the young lads is going to come through and be like Mainoo - but let's be real, that's unlikely.

I'm worried they think they can get by because one of the young lads is going to come through and be like Mainoo - but let's be real, that's unlikely.

That would be unbelievably naive and very stupid, do not even contemplate thinking promoting Collyer is enough to see us through

Still expect this to happen personally, until we hear otherwise. We've agreed terms with him, but clearly still need some outs. Of course if those outs don't arrive, then it's off.

Sell AWB - then buy Mazraoui
Sell McTominay - then buy Ugarte.
Sell Lindelof - then buy de Ligt
Sell Eriksen and Pellistri - then get Rabiot.

Of course Ugarte would cost more than we get McTominay and same with de Ligt/Lindelof but this is the scenario I choose to believe will happen. And by mid-August, please.

Of course Ugarte would cost more than we get McTominay and same with de Ligt/Lindelof but this is the scenario I choose to believe will happen. And by mid-August, please.
Rabiot? Do we really need him? Sign amrabat for backup.

Not seeing that as a massive quality upgrade to be honest.

Rabiot? Do we really need him? Sign amrabat for backup.
He seems to be a solid player and is free. Amrabat would cost 10-20M. I'd want Amrabat if we can sell Casemiro to Saudis.
Not seeing that as a massive quality upgrade to be honest.
I think the same regarding Mazraoui but de Ligt and Ugarte would improve us you'd think. Rabiot would be an okay option to have in midfield for next 2 years or so. Not ideal but for free you don't get ideal.

I won't believe it until I see a vial with his blood sample in it and some FBI type shit enhancement on the label with his name on it.

We would have a bloated squad if we do a one for one in and out.

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/manuel-ugarte-the-art-of-central-solidity/
Analysis of time before PSG.
Talks about him putting out fires as the "1" in the 3-1-6 formation (sounds familiar?).
He's more of a high floor than a high ceiling player me thinks. This is probably what we need right now. Safe and conservative with the ball and even though he's an accomplished passer at all three phases. Tbh, I'll take this over Casemiro's no look first time passes that more often than not, results in the opposition countering us. Players like Zirkzee, Bruno, Mainoo, Mount and Martinez will be tasked with the more creative responsibilities. If we manage to get rid of Casemiro, we can get Amrabat on the cheap as his back up, with collyer next in line.

A loan with obligation to buy would help us kick the can for a couple to next summer. Its becoming evident that Casemiro is quite comfortable sitting on his huge salary and long contract

A loan with obligation to buy would help us kick the can for a couple to next summer. Its becoming evident that Casemiro is quite comfortable sitting on his huge salary and long contract
I reckon that is case. Saudi is attractive to players because of the salaries they are offering on relatively shorter term contracts. He is already getting paid a King's ransom at United, so a move may not be as attractive to him as we think.

I reckon that is case. Saudi is attractive to players because of the salaries they are offering on relatively shorter term contracts. He is already getting paid a King's ransom at United, so a move may not be as attractive to him as we think.

I always said that his contract will spell trouble towards the end of the road. Casemiro himself said that the contract was just too good for him to refuse

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/manuel-ugarte-the-art-of-central-solidity/
Analysis of time before PSG.
Talks about him putting out fires as the "1" in the 3-1-6 formation (sounds familiar?).
He's more of a high floor than a high ceiling player me thinks. This is probably what we need right now. Safe and conservative with the ball and even though he's an accomplished passer at all three phases. Tbh, I'll take this over Casemiro's no look first time passes that more often than not, results in the opposition countering us. Players like Zirkzee, Bruno, Mainoo, Mount and Martinez will be tasked with the more creative responsibilities. If we manage to get rid of Casemiro, we can get Amrabat on the cheap as his back up, with collyer next in line.
More on here should read that analysis. He's exactly what our midfield needs. A young Ngolo Kante? Yes please.

We shouldn’t overpay for a pure destroyer. Leave that for the complete talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.