Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two games which made him surplus to requirements at PSG.

So who are they going to bring in that's going to do better against that physicality? Joao Neves? No chance, Fabian Ruiz? No chance, Vitinha? Ni chance. His being surplus to requirements is more down to the manager's preference for ball players and he's not as good a ball player as some other midfielders. If it was physicality, he would be the first name on the team sheet as PSG have no physicality at all in midfield outside him.

His passing range is a huge concern for me. Really don't like midfielders who don't have a good vision & passing. He looks like a Fred type all action midfielder to me rather than someone who can control the tempo of the game playing deep.
His YouTube compilation looks scarily similar to the Amrabat types.

That's the one we need most. A proper CM, I hope we get this done.
There are so few good DMs available in the market that any upgrade to Casemiro should do at this moment. Even if it is a short term solution.

Unless we can land someone like Zubimendi (which is unlikely due to fee, and his desire to go barca), then destroyer types is what we are left with that can complement Kobe and Bruno.

We need the legs and physicality. We are also allowed to have multiple midfielders and him signing doesnt rule out the future signing of a more controlled type, especially when Case, Eriksen and McT leave.

His YouTube compilation looks scarily similar to the Amrabat types.
I wouldn't have concerns with his ability to get around and win the ball back and have aggression though. He's a very good ball winning midfielder and he's safe on the ball. That's what we need.

Unless we can land someone like Zubimendi (which is unlikely due to fee, and his desire to go barca), then destroyer types is what we are left with that can complement Kobe and Bruno.

We need the legs and physicality. We are also allowed to have multiple midfielders and him signing doesnt rule out the future signing of a more controlled type, especially when Case, Eriksen and McT leave.

Yep - the initial links to Neves hint at our need for that profile. We can't solve world hunger in one window - for now (and for the longer term) having a destroyer in the squad is important. He's also quite skillful at evading pressure so even if we sign a Matic type player eventually, we will find Ugarte to be very useful in the squad.

Let's see how the fitness situation evolves but assuming we're in decent shape and the squad plays some good football with some limitations this season it'll become clear what to do next year. I'd prefer to tap the brakes a bit and to wait and see the dynamics rather than a Chelsea style one big window and then realizing you can't fit Enzo Fernandes with your existing midfield at all.

If he isn't great on the ball(press resistant and decent passing range), I do not want. We shouldn't compromise. We are a poor ball-playing team and should go after players who should elevate us. Our rivals, especially City don't compromise.

If he isn't great on the ball(press resistant and decent passing range), I do not want. We shouldn't compromise. We are a poor ball-playing team and should go after players who should elevate us. Our rivals, especially City don't compromise.
We're not getting a modern Busquets for a reasonable fee in this market

Who is available for realistic figure who fits that criteria would be my question

Let's get him in ASAP. Couple of training sessions before the tour would be ideal.

Might be pushing it since he was playing in Copa America like 4 days ago. ho and hum.

If we get him, it will be the last player we sign this season.
Doubt it. We need another midfielder, centre half and full back minimum (assuming Wan Bissaka leaves).

I do think any further incomings are dependent on sales though. We might even have to loan Ugarte if we can’t shift Casemiro, so I can see us signing others but it’ll probably include the sort of financial gymnastics we saw with Amrabat

Pfffft we eat Spanish transfer plans for breakfast.

Romano: United agree terms with Ugarte. Club-to-club talks continue with PSG New
Let’s goo

Looks like it might be on, what happend to our links with Ederson though, ive seen some Liverpool fans talking about him signing for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.