Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If PSG refuse to lower down 70m, it's time to move on. We don't want to be dragged into this saga all transfer window long like DeJong case.

It's about time to move on to our 2nd choice? Rabiot? Amrabat?

If Arsenal get Ruiz, and PSG get Neves for ~60M, while demanding similar amount from us for Ugarte, I might just lose it.

For once I want us to sign technically strong ballers in midfield, and not players who treat the ball like hot potatoes.

Fans on here can be funny, they say PSG want to sell Ugarte so he possibly can't be that good but same PSG apparently want to sell Ruiz and suddenly we must get Ruiz and not miss out.

If PSG refuse to lower down 70m, it's time to move on. We don't want to be dragged into this saga all transfer window long like DeJong case.

It's about time to move on to our 2nd choice? Rabiot? Amrabat?

I think the delay is being caused by Casemiro still being at the club.

As soon as he signs (if he does, that is) for a Saudi club, then I think we'll quickly see:

Ugarte to United
Neves to PSG

As soon as he signs (if he does, that is) for a Saudi club, then I think we'll quickly see:

Ugarte to United
Neves to PSG
Irrespective of casemiro we won't spend 70m eur on Ugarte

It is a lot of money for a guy who in everything I have seen appears a rather one dimensional player.

I think Neves has more about him and more upside than Ugarte and the difference between what we ae rumoured to be offering for Ugarte and what Benfica seem to be willing to accept for Neves is not much. If I were the club, I would just go straight for Neves and call PSG's bluff on Ugarte. Midfield of Mainoo and Neves sets us up very well for a very long time.

Ugarte for 40 million would be good business, for 60 million it would be better to look elsewhere.

I think Neves has more about him and more upside than Ugarte and the difference between what we ae rumoured to be offering for Ugarte and what Benfica seem to be willing to accept for Neves is not much. If I were the club, I would just go straight for Neves and call PSG's bluff on Ugarte. Midfield of Mainoo and Neves sets us up very well for a very long time.
According to a Portuguese journalist, Duncan Castles interviewed for his podcast. We've already tried for Neves at start of window, but we cant pay the lump sum like PSG can. Plus when we allegedly offered €70mil in installments they said no and stuck to their €100-€120mil price tag.

Why they are now willing to accept €70mil (in a lump sum) + Renato Sanches £5mil i'm not sure. Maybe they get a percentage of future sales or something.

Joao Neves is perfect for us as The Athletic highlighted yesterday in their video. Hopefully PSG will get bored of him by next summer and we can try for him then.

They’re paying upfront. Obviously is a deal-breaker for us, otherwise we would have been in.
Any reliable source saying that? Seen this repeated a bunch, but not seen any proper sources. We can also easily pay a bit more, but structure the deal differently, like we did with Zirkzee.

Ugarte to United
Neves to PSG
We'll then need another central midfielder, 2 if Mctominay leaves as well

According to a Portuguese journalist, Duncan Castles interviewed for his podcast. We've already tried for Neves at start of window, but we cant pay the lump sum like PSG can. Plus when we allegedly offered €70mil in installments they said no and stuck to their €100-€120mil price tag.

Why they are now willing to accept €70mil (in a lump sum) + Renato Sanches £5mil i'm not sure. Maybe they get a percentage of future sales or something.

Joao Neves is perfect for us as The Athletic highlighted yesterday in their video. Hopefully PSG will get bored of him by next summer and we can try for him then.
Ah I understand now. Its a payment structure issue. Shame that cuz he would have been so good for us.

Perhaps we could gather up the money that we seem to be setting aside for 2 CBs and RB and plough it into the Neves deal and hold off on improving the RB and CB departments till next year. I think midfield is far more mission critical for us than RB and CB. I can live with Yoro, Martinez, Maguire and Evans for one more season and I can also live with AWB and Dalot at RB for one more season if we can land Neves.

Ugarte vs Neves

It’s a non-contest; I don’t understand why anyone would want us to aid them in getting a considerably better player when this one doesn’t even address our needs and is incomplete as a signing, still leaving us needing an anchor, to facilitate this player and his game.

Are you 21 or younger?
How many creative central midfielders (so, not counting no10s like Bruno or Kagawa) we bought in last 30 years? Paul Pogba, Carrick and Eriksen (who is more attacking mid than central).
Who else?

Pogba, Scholes, Carrick and Eriksen are only creative central midfielders who we had in PL era. 4 in 30 years.

Based on the stats Ugarte comes across as the Awb of midfielders. If he’s genuinely very limited we’ll continue to control games for the next few years too.

He just isn't good enough. It will be waste of money. Another passion merchant who adds nothing in attacking play.

Are you 21 or younger?
To be fair, he's right. United haven't had proper top class mids during the SAF era barring Carrick and Scholes. Myk, Kagawa, cleverly, Anderson etc. Only after him is when we starting getting solid midfielders. But we're either too old for the time or they got burnt out too fast.

I'd like to see Wharton's stats on that diagram too.

IMG-3709.jpg

"passion merchant" is a weird very internet insult. Yes having players who play like they care is....bad?
Every player care. Every single one. But with those who are technically gifted and offer more of "football stuff" you don't notice "caring".
Passion merchant goes for players who are limited in most of football stuff so they try to sell themselves as some kind of tough warriors who tackle players right and left.

I want to see ballers in United shirt. Not "hard working players" who struggle to control the ball and make a simple pass.

Every player care. Every single one. But with those who are technically gifted and offer more of "football stuff" you don't notice "caring".
Passion merchant goes for players who are limited in most of football stuff so they try to sell themselves as some kind of tough warriors who tackle players right and left.

I want to see ballers in United shirt. Not "hard working players" who struggle to control the ball and make a simple pass.

It just sounds like you've never really watched him? Which is alright, but say that.

Don't know much about him but if he’s not a ball player, do not want.
We are never going to reach the top if we keep playing players who are not comfortable on the ball and comfortable under pressure.

Wonder how are they defining the difference between a forward pass and a progressive pass there. The Wharton and Ugarte numbers look a bit odd when those 2 are compared.

Either way not sure that a partnership of Ugarte and Mainoo (currently) has the passing range you would like in midfield, would put a lot of pressure on Lisandro to be open the play up.

Status
Not open for further replies.