Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
U-gar! I’d be happy with these signings. Yoro won’t happen probably, it is a longshot.

Would be a good start. But more will be needed.

Realistically though I'd be surprised if we had more than 3 to 5 major signings (major for presumed starters and/or north of 40-50m apiece) including keeping some in the for late opportunities that could happen later in the window.

This would definitely be a good start. We then need to make some sales presumably. Clearing out some of the players who really shouldn't be here next season should be a priority and then replacing them too, probably towards the end of the window.

Is he unsettled at PSG? Bit odd that he'd leave after just one season? And why would PSG even sell?

Possibly another CB and LB if we sell both Maguire and AWB.

We will probably also resign Amrabat, but I wouldnt expect much more.

Likely :

De Ligt
Ugarte
Amrabat
Zirkzee

Possibly :

LB - Kadioglu
CB - Yoro/Branthwaite

Is the best case scenario.

Is he unsettled at PSG? Bit odd that he'd leave after just one season? And why would PSG even sell?
My understanding is that he does not fit the manager's plans, not sure Enrique had much to do with bringing him in, he signed 2 days after Enrique so seems like a move that he had nothing to do with

Vitinha and Fabian Ruiz are better? Plus they could buy another young midfileder like Joao Neves if they need one.

Hopefully hear something a bit more concrete about this one, as I'm getting bollocks vibes from it slightly, not enough decent sources chatting about it.

Yeah same, there is a lot of noise but it feels different to the other targets. Hard to decide if its bollocks or not.

But with INEOS generally they move a bit more quietly (with a few exceptions) so at the same time it wouldn't surprise me if he was unveiled tomorrow.

Vitinha and Fabian Ruiz are better? Plus they could buy another young midfileder like Joao Neves if they need one.
They seem to be a better fit for the managers style. So they dont need him and can get a decent fee in return. I hope for an update soon

Hopefully hear something a bit more concrete about this one, as I'm getting bollocks vibes from it slightly, not enough decent sources chatting about it.

Yep. Yet to see anyone reliable reporting that he's a target for United. At the moment, it just looks like someone is trying to make a market for the player.

My understanding is that he does not fit the manager's plans, not sure Enrique had much to do with bringing him in, he signed 2 days after Enrique so seems like a move that he had nothing to do with

Fair enough. We'll see.

Curious whether Ruiz is better. He's preferred in playing style, sure.

FM24%20Manuel%20Ugarte.png

Possibly another CB and LB if we sell both Maguire and AWB.

We will probably also resign Amrabat, but I wouldnt expect much more.

Likely :

De Ligt
Ugarte
Amrabat
Zirkzee

Possibly :

LB - Kadioglu
CB - Yoro/Branthwaite

Is the best case scenario.
Basically no chance after AV signed Onana. We ain't throwing big money on him.

This must be a first.
Someone actually posted FM stats.
Nah, happens plenty and his attributes are reflected accurately on there I'd say. I was pretty excited at the links initially but having watched a few more games at the Copa, he seems like a typical ball winner chasing around rather than one to sit and hold his position as a DM.

Not saying he's a bad player as he had good games more often than not during the tournament but I'm not sure if he's the holding type DM that people are hoping for. He is anything but that.

As I have said many times before real teams use the FM database to help scout players so yeah it's a pretty reliable tool.

His biggest concern for me is his lack of long-ball passing ability - given that Mainoo doesn't excel in this area either.
long passes are important for unlocking defences

His biggest concern for me is his lack of long-ball passing ability - given that Mainoo doesn't excel in this area either.
long passes are important for unlocking defences
That’s why ideally we’d have a DLP. I don’t mind us adding a destroyer to bolster our options but we should be on the lookout for a playmaker in midfield too who focuses on dictating the game.

I like him but if possible it would be great if we went for someone like Zubimendi/Varela but also loan Ugarte (With Case being sold).

Pretty neutral on this to be honest. Nice option to have in midfield but not one i'd want to use every week or even that often and seems redundant while we have casemiro.
I think i'd rather keep the money for a player that can pass and help us control games.

if by chance the Ugarte move falls through they MUST go after Richard Rios from Colombia....he was a star player, top 5 IMO, of this tournament...OR hell just buy them both

As I have said many times before real teams use the FM database to help scout players so yeah it's a pretty reliable tool.

Depends what you mean by reliable. They will sometimes have someone who, when you look up their stats and watch them they are actually a good talent yeah. But they miss most good young players and make plenty of others far better than in reality, probably just to spread out where good players in the game come from and keep it exciting for the people playing. I know from watching and paying attention to the Argentine league for example that there are always good youngsters coming through in real life every season, but they always add some that dont do that well in real life but are the best ones from there.

Depends what you mean by reliable. They will sometimes have someone who, when you look up their stats and watch them they are actually a good talent yeah. But they miss most good young players and make plenty of others far better than in reality, probably just to spread out where good players in the game come from and keep it exciting for the people playing. I know from watching and paying attention to the Argentine league for example that there are always good youngsters coming through in real life every season, but they always add some that dont do that well in real life but are the best ones from there.

I am pretty sure the released games database is slightly randomised for younger players. There is a private, better database which I believe is the one they sell to clubs who want it. The creators were interviewed on a football podcast a few years back now and they talk about it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.