Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure the released games database is slightly randomised for younger players. There is a private, better database which I believe is the one they sell to clubs who want it. The creators were interviewed on a football podcast a few years back now and they talk about it there.

That would make sense

It’s gone completely cold. Are we actually in for him?

Yeah hoping we're just wrapping up other deals right now. PSG look like they want to sell, Ugarte wants to move. Just a matter of us wanting him + price.

It seems like we do want him so not sure if the wait is just on terms or what.

This was from earlier

Feel like we're looking to wrap up the CB buy (De Ligt or Yoro) first and maybe finalize some outgoings before going in with an offer

This was from earlier

Feel like we're looking to wrap up the CB buy (De Ligt or Yoro) first and maybe finalize some outgoings before going in with an offer

I saw that but how reliable is plettigoal regarding united transfers I have no idea? Anything from Ornstein on our pursue on Ugarte thus far?

It’s only been a few days since Uruguay went out of Copa America, it’s no different to the De Ligt deal as that’s gone as cold as Ugarte as there’s been no credible news for a few days on either.

It’ll simply be the players having a few days to a week on holiday then we’ll sign a centre back whether it be Yoro or De Ligt and Ugarte, I think after a centre back and Ugarte I’d imagine we’ll have to start working on outgoings.

I saw that but how reliable is plettigoal regarding united transfers I have no idea? Anything from Ornstein on our pursue on Ugarte thus far?

Didn't Ornstein suggest there is a divide in the United hierarchy about whether they should move for him

Didn't Ornstein suggest there is a divide in the United hierarchy about whether they should move for him
Phillpe Auclair (french football journalist) said similar. Ugarte is the backup option it seems for João Neves, who PSG also want from Benfica.

You can understand Utd taking their time over this. If PSG do pay the €100mil Benfica want, Utd could use that to drive down Ugarte price as PSG would need to balance the books.

Or PSG turn to another player and we go back in towards end of window to try again for João Neves at a lower price than €100mil. Regardless you can see why there is no rush. Also small matter of selling Casemiro and making a decision on Amrabat.

if we can sell Mason and Casemiro plus PSG gets Neves....Ugarte will be a done deal for sure

if we can sell Mason and Casemiro plus PSG gets Neves....Ugarte will be a done deal for sure

Well first part is nearly done apparently,still expecting Saudi clubs to come in Casemiro very soon

Last edited:
Just get it done already. The more it drags on the more paranoid I get that someone like Madrid will swoop in and sign him.

A loan deal with an option to buy would be ideal. I hope we sell Case anyhow and move for Ugarte soon

Surely that would open up the possibility of either keeping Amrabat too or bringing in more of a DLP type player. Would say Bruno backup but presume that's what Erik sees Mount doing instead

Don’t know anything about that but I hope that’s not the case because we must sign a top class DM and I know he’s not a world beater yet but he has the talent and if not him then who?

Phillpe Auclair (french football journalist) said similar. Ugarte is the backup option it seems for João Neves, who PSG also want from Benfica.

You can understand Utd taking their time over this. If PSG do pay the €100mil Benfica want, Utd could use that to drive down Ugarte price as PSG would need to balance the books.

Or PSG turn to another player and we go back in towards end of window to try again for João Neves at a lower price than €100mil. Regardless you can see why there is no rush. Also small matter of selling Casemiro and making a decision on Amrabat.
If PSG has any logic in their transfer business they'd try to sell Ugarte first (if needed) so they don't look like beggars coming to the table.

Or make a deal depending on whether they can get Neves, so they still have Ugarte if they don't get him.

Mbappé being off their books must surely do something for their financials too.

This is where I've set up my camp this muppet season. All the others are nice and all but I really want this one to happen. Hoping the club moves some deadwood quickly and get this done before the start of the season.

This is where I've set up my camp this muppet season. All the others are nice and all but I really want this one to happen. Hoping the club moves some deadwood quickly and get this done before the start of the season.
Yeah the midfield is the most gaping issue for me, so naturally this potential transfer excites me the most.

Once we get a DM sorted, I think the pressure to help bolster the core of the team let's off.. can work on other signings without the usual panic bids because we take long to sort out our core signings for the season

I think it’s McTominay out and this guy coming in with Casemiro staying put for another year. They’ll play together in midfield no doubt

I think it’s McTominay out and this guy coming in with Casemiro staying put for another year. They’ll play together in midfield no doubt

I'd be shocked if it isn't Casemiro who makes way for Ugarte, given that Scottie Mac is only 27 and just coming off the best year of his career. On the other hand, if we can land Ugarte on a loan with an option to buy then that will resolve everything for the next season.

I'd be shocked if it isn't Casemiro who makes way for Ugarte, given that Scottie Mac is only 27 and just coming off the best year of his career. On the other hand, if we can land Ugarte on a loan with an option to buy then that will resolve everything for the next season.

We need to do our utmost to facilitate his exit this summer. He is checked out.

Yeah IF we could facilitate loan with option/obligation to buy for him then opens up possibility of signing a midfield playmaker too

Status
Not open for further replies.