Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be shocked if it isn't Casemiro who makes way for Ugarte, given that Scottie Mac is only 27 and just coming off the best year of his career. On the other hand, if we can land Ugarte on a loan with an option to buy then that will resolve everything for the next season.
Casemiro has to make way given his salary and i think McT will be sold as well. My thinking was Ugarte would be purchased once Neves goes to PSG and I think Ashworth will make a move for Amrabat on loan again simply bc he likes him as a player

Casemiro has to make way given his salary and i think McT will be sold as well. My thinking was Ugarte would be purchased once Neves goes to PSG and I think Ashworth will make a move for Amrabat on loan again simply bc he likes him as a player

Believe we're waiting to complete the Greenwood deal (hopefully today) before we move to the next two buys, which will hopefully be DeLigt and Ugarte.

Believe we're waiting to complete the Greenwood deal (hopefully today) before we move to the next two buys, which will hopefully be DeLigt and Ugarte.
tend to agree....bloody hell what a start to the window that would be getting zirkzee, yoro, De Ligt and Ugarte

that Marseille money is probably most important to help balance the books as that is homegrown money

Maybe we are going for someone under radar like how we secured Berrada and Vivell for structure

Last edited:
Ben Jacobs because he knows nothing .
Jacobs is a stickler for the literal. He is more right on some clubs than others, but he rarely goes sensational or outright wrong.

If one club has been talking to another, and the club verbally floats offers over the course of several discussions: some see that as bids.

Others don’t count something as a bid until a formal offer is presented.

The truth is somewhere in between. Teams probably test waters all the time with little intention apart from gauging options. BUT, I generally believe clubs have discussed and know what will be accepted by the time a formal bid is submitted.

Jacobs just likes to discuss the nuances of that …. a lot.

You are about to sign one of the most gifted, but young, defenders in the world. Signing an absolute mauler who can also progress the ball well as outlet to help shield a defender of that profile makes even more sense.

An attacker goes in studs up on Yoro? Ugarte will sort them.

PSG getting Neves for 70m Euros would be weird… but I think Ugarte would be better for United anyway.

If Neves is available at that price we should be all over that

PSG might offer better payment conditions, add ons or enjoy better business relations for being a good client beyond the raw number.
But maybe it's worth trying to join in ?
I think Ugarte should be better business.

Yeah that can't be the real figure surely, otherwise we would absolutely have been all over it
Might be more down to the wages PSG are willing to offer. Reducing the wage structure seems to be important to INEOS. Zirkzee already on a very low wage around £50k. Early suggestions that Yoro will be around £100-120k (increasing each year). If PSG are offering Neves a £200k+ wage, we might not be prepared to match that.

Might be more down to the wages PSG are willing to offer. Reducing the wage structure seems to be important to INEOS. Zirkzee already on a very low wage around £50k. Early suggestions that Yoro will be around £100-120k (increasing each year). If PSG are offering Neves a £200k+ wage, we might not be prepared to match that.

Ugarte is supposedly on 3m€ a year at PSG. Gross ? After taxes ? Reliable ? Unsure but let's assume it's correct and that's 60k/week. I think PSG wised up a little management wise on that front, they must be roughly the same level of bad we are. But maybe there's a fat signature bonus with it.

Why would he choose Manchester United over PSG?
Now that the initial lure of having FIFA cover star players to play with has worn off … and I dont think it’s coming back. With that in mind you are left playing in a league that most people aspire to leave when they make their big move.

CL is nice, but not so nice if they are the ONLY games you play that people really care about, especially international audiences outside of France.

The number of people watching you play if you are in the PL, and in a team like Man United simply dwarfs anything PSG can offer.

I mean, there are other reasons, but that’s one of the biggest I can think of

If Neves is available at that price we should be all over that

I agree but I will say that the club clearly have a very well defined transfer strategy this summer that involves going after certain profiles of players. I assuming this fits into a holistic vision of what the squad actually needs, and balanced against available resources. It’s likely that after the key targets are secured, there just aren’t enough resources or wiggle room to pursue this particular deal. It’s a shame but also entirely understandable.

This far we’ve brought in Zirkzee and Yoro for combined base fees of 77m. That’s about what we spent on Antony. Pretty incredible transfer business so far. It also appears we’ve raised around 40-45m from the sales of Greenwood, Alvaro, Kambwala, and VdB.

Status
Not open for further replies.