Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we’re going to try and sign a midfielder from PSG it should be Fabian Ruiz. Delightful player.

I would be very disappointed with any other midfielder tbhj
So would I after hearing great things about him in the copa and his style of play is what we need. Was just wondering if we’ve actually been linked with any other midfielder incase this didn’t work out.

If we’re going to try and sign a midfielder from PSG it should be Fabian Ruiz. Delightful player.
We have Mainoo for his role! But yes he's class, should've bought him from Napoli for 25m or whatever his release clause was.

Ugarte is a great option for us, hope we get it done, it'll be a huge help for our balance.

I’ll be devastated if we don’t let Eriksen go too.
If Eriksen was okay to just play a handful of cup games, then I think he would be good to keep around for his experience and leadership. He seems quite close to Holjund, and with the amount of young players in the team, it wouldn't hurt to have a few experienced heads around.

However, I think he will still fancy his chances at playing regular football elsewhere, and so I think he leaves and could see him in the Dutch league, or maybe mid-table Spain.

fecking sign him already. Most excited for us to sign him among everyone we’ve been linked so far this summer.

Ornstein and Romano are the only reliable sources for transfers.

They are definitely in the top tier. Although in certain situations, local journos affiliated with various clubs can also be comparably reliable when it comes to local players.

We would still need a new backup DM for Ugarte if we sign him. If he gets injured or suspended we will have a big problem because McTominay and Mount can't cover the DM position and then all our old problems will come back to the surface because we wouldn't have a proper backup DM in those situations. There will be many games next season as we are playing 4 competitions next season, so we can't rely only on one pure DM.

We would still need a new backup DM for Ugarte if we sign him. If he gets injured or suspended we will have a big problem because McTominay and Mount can't cover the DM position and then all our old problems will come back to the surface because we wouldn't have a proper backup DM in those situations. There will be many games next season as we are playing 4 competitions next season, so we can't rely only on one pure DM.

Casemiro? He isn't gone yet, little to no rumours.

I have been calling for Ruiz since he was at Napoli. He is key to PSG especially under Enrique but agreed he would be a great signing

I guess we'll take up the option on Amrabat if we are able to offload Casemiro. Otherwise, Casemiro would be the DM option.

I have been calling for Ruiz since he was at Napoli. He is key to PSG especially under Enrique but agreed he would be a great signing

Is he really? I agree that he is a sensational player and we should have bought him even at Betis because he showed huge promise there, and he only improved for Napoli. It was such an obvious signing to make at the time, but under Glazers, we don't make those.

He only played 1200 minutes for PSG this season, so surely he can't be that important for them?

Interesting that Ornstein poured quite a bit of cold water on this on yesterday's Athletic podcast. Said that United have some interest in the player, but had not yet decided whether to go for him (some internal disagreement), talk of bids/fees agreed etc well wide of the mark at this point. Has the whiff of one of those sagas where nobody reliable ever really gets on board with the reporting and the player ends up at Atletico or similar in late-August with United never really having shown much interest.

Ornstein was on a podcast yesterday saying that the claims around Ugarte being close are very premature. People might need to cool their jets on this one.

I've obviously missed it; but why is he moving from PSG after one season, for the same cost as what they brought him for, after signing a 5 year deal?

Love that INEOS have chosen our targets and just got on and negotiated a decent price with them all. None of this 2nd/3rd choice targets business.

Interesting that Ornstein poured quite a bit of cold water on this on yesterday's Athletic podcast. Said that United have some interest in the player, but had not yet decided whether to go for him (some internal disagreement), talk of bids/fees agreed etc well wide of the mark at this point. Has the whiff of one of those sagas where nobody reliable ever really gets on board with the reporting and the player ends up at Atletico or similar in late-August with United never really having shown much interest.
This is sounding all too familiar.

Seems to me we need to make space for him first by getting rid of Casemiro and Eriksen, or at least one of the two.

There haven't been any real links to other midfielders either though, which might be why the fanbase has latched onto this one so hard. Tenuous links to Onana and Neves, but that was more the end of last season than this window.

I'm not sure that's anything to be worried about though, it seems like these things just aren't leaking as much. We knew about Branthwaite because we'd made a bid, Yoro the same, and De Ligt came out of nowhere after we'd started negotiating with him and Bayern.

I'm sure the club have targets, and Ugarte might be one of them, but sounds like that haven't committed to anything yet.

I still think we should go for Youssouf Fofana instead. Going for Ugarte when he's right there for cheaper, seems like a mistake and a weird decision for me, but we'll see what happens if we end up with the Uruguayan.

I still think we should go for Youssouf Fofana instead. Going for Ugarte when he's right there for cheaper, seems like a mistake and a weird decision for me, but we'll see what happens if we end up with the Uruguayan.

Why? We are getting Ugarte for a decent fee and we need more a midfield destroyer like Ugarte than Fofana wich is better as a 8. We have enough of 8s in my opinion.

If Eriksen was okay to just play a handful of cup games, then I think he would be good to keep around for his experience and leadership. He seems quite close to Holjund, and with the amount of young players in the team, it wouldn't hurt to have a few experienced heads around.

However, I think he will still fancy his chances at playing regular football elsewhere, and so I think he leaves and could see him in the Dutch league, or maybe mid-table Spain.

The problem is Eriksen has said he wants to play. We still need midfield depth but Eriksen doesn't seem to want to fill that role. I think he could do a job elsewhere, I just don't see how he really fits going forward. It does, however, leave me concerned about midfield depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.