Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
A start? That's £120m+ excluding Branthwaite. We'd be done after that, surely? Zirkzee, De Ligt and Ugarte would effectively replace Martial, Varane and, presumably, Casemiro (with some hefty wage savings a nice ancillary benefit and fees from Greenwood and hopefully Sancho helping to offset the outgoing transfer payments).
If we want to compete next season that cannot be the end of our dealings. Need at least two to three more. One more CB. One LB. One more CM. It is not out of the realm of possibility that we could still lose Maguire, Mctom, Casemiro, Eriksen, Sancho and Antony this summer.

We're probably signing 5-6 players this summer.

Ugarte, De Ligt, Zirkzee

Then
Another CM
Another CB
LB?

Expecting:
MG, Sancho, Casemiro, Pellistri, Maguire/Lindelof, AWB? Eriksen, Casemiro all to go potentially.
Yeh we definitely need to get rid of the two Casemiros, be ridiculous to keep both

If we want to compete next season that cannot be the end of our dealings. Need at least two to three more. One more CB. One LB. One more CM. It is not out of the realm of possibility that we could still lose Maguire, Mctom, Casemiro, Eriksen, Sancho and Antony this summer.

Can only see us signing a couple more IF Ashworth could convince someone to give us decent money for some of those players which will be enormous ask

Harsh but it's a pity his legs are gone. I was hoping for a Thiago Silva but looks like we ended up with Matic.
Coming to play for us accelerated his downfall. Going from the best run club in the world and winning the ball back, to pass it to of the greatest midfielders of their generation and having a rest for 5 minutes while they toy with the opposition.

To a dysfunctional club and winning the ball back every 30 seconds and passing the ball only for us to loose it straightway. Rinse and repeat endlessly. No wonder his legs went.

For any player leaving Real Madrid, it must be such a huge step down.

Can't help but think Ugarte is the most important signing for us to acquire this summer. Get it done!

Our midfield was ridiculously open last season. A defensive midfielder who can stop that from happening is arguably the most important addition we can make to the team this summer

Can't help but think Ugarte is the most important signing for us to acquire this summer. Get it done!
Feel the same so keeping my hopes low. Would be so united to end up signing two center backs and a left back and adding nothing to the midfield.

I like this signing a lot if it comes together. The players we're going after seem pretty sensible for once (Apart from De Ligt).

And even he is a good player, just injury worries.

I don't see any of the reliable journos saying anything about this. Starting to seem like our name being used to drive up price of any club that does go for him

How are these links even plausible ? He's neither Dutch nor has ETH worked with him in Holland.

I don't see any of the reliable journos saying anything about this. Starting to seem like our name being used to drive up price of any club that does go for him
It's probably legit. We are so used to the pedestrian tortoise pace of the glazers, that the speed INEOS are moving at is a shock to the system.

It's probably legit. We are so used to the pedestrian tortoise pace of the glazers, that the speed INEOS are moving at is a shock to the system.

Whitwell is saying we are looking at MF loan options.

0e4e703c8a2b879a9e668f2d18d26cb9.png

Can't see PSG loaning him unless there is absolutely no interest or we propose a 1 year loan deal with an obligation to buy next summer. Which allows us to get him but not affect the transfer budget this summer

Last edited:
Whitwell is saying we are looking at MF loan options.

0e4e703c8a2b879a9e668f2d18d26cb9.png

Can't see PSG loaning him unless there is absolutely no interest or we propose a 1 year loan deal with an obligation to buy next summer. Which also us to get him but not affect the transfer budget this summer

Probably doesn't apply to Ugarte I assume. What we need is cover for Mainoo on loan.

DM we have too many players (Casemiro, Amrabat, Ugarte)

After hearing he’s been one of the best mids in the copa, makes me want us to sign him more. I also like that he’s a destroyer type of midfield. We need a bit of bite in midfielder. Someone in the mould of Keane.

Any names mentioned for midfield loan options?

Loans tend to happen later in the window, so it might be one to wait for. Could be anyone really.

Probably doesn't apply to Ugarte I assume. What we need is cover for Mainoo on loan.

I imagine it very much does apply. Nothing suggests that we're at all close with Ugarte, so everything will be on the table.

Could either of Rabiot/Kimmich be options, know they are older but no harm in some experience. Mind you if we talking similar to Mainoo then maybe Olmo is a better fit for that position.

I'd have to imagine Ugarte would only happen if we find a way to get Casemiro's wages off the books. Doesn't seem like that is close to happening hence us looking at loan options.

Casemiro is washed, amrabat was on loan and Ugarte hasn't even been signed yet. So we have zero useful dms as of now.

If Paris takes Rashford in this deal we could spend lot on other targets too. Technically Rashford sale would fix lot of issues.

Him and Martinez (stepping up from CB) at the base of our midfield would be so aggressive. I’d love it. 2 Roy Keane's snapping everyone’s ankles.
Yes please

Loans tend to happen later in the window, so it might be one to wait for. Could be anyone really.

I imagine it very much does apply. Nothing suggests that we're at all close with Ugarte, so everything will be on the table.
I'd have to imagine Ugarte would only happen if we find a way to get Casemiro's wages off the books. Doesn't seem like that is close to happening hence us looking at loan options.
Casemiro is washed, amrabat was on loan and Ugarte hasn't even been signed yet. So we have zero useful dms as of now.

I'm assuming we're fairly close with Ugarte. Seen nothing to suggest otherwise. PSG still want to sell, we still want to buy, the player wants to come the only thing left is the price (we offered 44m based on the rumor above and PSG want 50+addons?). I think we'll get him in and the loan rumor makes sense with that as the baseline assumption. Of course you can question everything but you need some solid ground to stand on.

Casemiro is washed but unless we manage to sell, he's in the squad and we won't sign Ugarte and loan another DM with Casemiro still around. We have plenty of wage room just from Varane, Martial leaving not to mention Ronaldo's wages off the books. I think if we sell Casemiro we'll look at add another midfielder in addition to Ugarte.

Amrabat hasn't returned to Fiorentina yet, we still have an option to buy for pretty cheap. I think the negotiation around Ugarte and the situation around Casemiro / Saudi is why we're keeping him waiting.

There were also rumors (I think in the Whitwell / Athletic report) that INEOS thought Mainoo was overplayed last season. One injury to him and we're kinda hosed. Eriksen doesn't have the legs to play that role. Mount / Bruno might in a pinch but don't think they'll be any good. McTominay was basically never used in that role.

If I had to guess, we'll wrap up the Ugarte signing and look for a loan to rotate with Mainoo. The Neves rumors initially also pointed in that direction.

I'm assuming we're fairly close with Ugarte. Seen nothing to suggest otherwise. PSG still want to sell, we still want to buy, the player wants to come the only thing left is the price (we offered 44m based on the rumor above and PSG want 50+addons?). I think we'll get him in and the loan rumor makes sense with that as the baseline assumption. Of course you can question everything but you need some solid ground to stand on.

Casemiro is washed but unless we manage to sell, he's in the squad and we won't sign Ugarte and loan another DM with Casemiro still around.

Amrabat hasn't returned to Fiorentina yet, we still have an option to buy for pretty cheap. I think the negotiation around Ugarte and the situation around Casemiro / Saudi is why we're keeping him waiting.

There were also rumors (I think in the Whitwell / Athletic report) that INEOS thought Mainoo was overplayed last season. One injury to him and we're kinda hosed. Eriksen doesn't have the legs to play that role. Mount / Bruno might in a pinch but don't think they'll be any good. McTominay was basically never used in that role.

If I had to guess, we'll wrap up the Ugarte signing and look for a loan to rotate with Mainoo. The Neves rumors initially also pointed in that direction.

That's certainly an interesting way to reason! Following it up with "based on the rumour" was also inspired, chapeau :)

Typically your solid ground would have some connection to reality. Instead you've assumed (based on nothing) that we've all but signed Ugarte and then worked from there. It's different, I like it. Keep me posted.

Apparently Ornstein has said he's not the preferred midfield target, don't suppose anyone has the article saying this at all?

Could either of Rabiot/Kimmich be options, know they are older but no harm in some experience. Mind you if we talking similar to Mainoo then maybe Olmo is a better fit for that position.
Rabiots mum will probably try and rinse us again. We should stay away from them players. Olmo is a quality player.

Apparently Ornstein has said he's not the preferred midfield target, don't suppose anyone has the article saying this at all?

Think you mean this one, here?

As well as up front and at centre-back, United would ideally like to strengthen in central midfield and are considering Paris Saint-Germain’s Manuel Ugarte, but loan options are also being seriously contemplated.

That's certainly an interesting way to reason! Following it up with "based on the rumour" was also inspired, chapeau :)

Typically your solid ground would have some connection to reality. Instead you've assumed (based on nothing) that we've all but signed Ugarte and then worked from there. It's different, I like it. Keep me posted.

I mean I could quote all of the rumors here from legit journos backing up what I said. If you could link me to a legit rumor saying we're still far away I'd love to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.