Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we are looking at Ugarte and a loan option if we can find a taker for Casemiro too

I mean I could quote all of the rumors here from legit journos backing up what I said. If you could link me to a legit rumor saying we're still far away I'd love to see it.

Okay, well in the post above yours you'll see that I've quoted The Athletic saying today that we're merely considering Ugarte, so I guess it's your turn to counter.

I wish there were more concrete reports that were genuinely after him and not just “considering” making a move. Especially when there’s news coming out we’re open to signing up to three CB’s if we have the funds. That’s overkill imo. I’d be pretty pissed off if we decided to sign 3 CB’s and neglected the midfield or try and do it on the cheap. We need a top quality DM almost as much as we need centre half’s. Looking at cheap loan options after spunking the rest of our budget just isn’t going to cut it and would be exactly the sort of thing the old regime would do. I’d like to think that won’t be the case though, at least I certainly hope not!

Annoys me we are spending yet another summer not prioritising midfield. The only good player we have is Mainoo.

Okay, well in the post above yours you'll see that I've quoted The Athletic saying today that we're merely considering Ugarte, so I guess it's your turn to counter.

Somewhat serendipitously

Source (Tier 3):

T3 so far but by the time T2s pick it up it'll be all but done. We offered 38m (44m EUR). They want 50M EUR + add-ons. It'll get done, don't worry.

So he replaces Amrabat in the squad?

Casemiro leaves still need another midfieder

My PSG friend told me he is sh*t. Anyone have watched him for PSG ?

Somewhat serendipitously

T3 so far but by the time T2s pick it up it'll be all but done. We offered 38m (44m EUR). They want 50M EUR + add-ons. It'll get done, don't worry.

You're countering The Athletic with Santi Aouna?

I think we're done here.

Guys, Ugarte is still in the Copa America. They just knocked out Brazil and play in the semi finals on Thursday.

Whilst I can understand the impatience I'm sure signing a new contract will be sorted quickly once their tournament is over.

You're countering The Athletic with Santi Aouna?

An extremely vague comment in the athletic that's open to interpretation. Can't be bothered to dig up a week old tweet right now, you can check for other sources. Atleast one other Tier-3 has posted the numbers.

Love how we’re negotiating for 5 players at once now. So much faster

I think he signs after the Copa. PSG will be stubborn regarding the transfer fee.

Big fan of this signing. Remember him going to psg and thinking they were lucky they had a clean run at him. Very impressed with how we identified him early and with no other teams seemingly aware he was available even. Good work.

Think his qualities are wasted in that league and him and Licha bring some proper South American nasty winning at all costs mentality to the party. I’m all in.

Are we just focusing on him? I’ve not seen us linked with any other midfielder

Annoys me we are spending yet another summer not prioritising midfield. The only good player we have is Mainoo.
Yet here you are posting on a midfielders thread where we are linked with putting in a bid for :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.