Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited for this one. I watched 3 Uruguay games so far and understand what he offers a reasonable amount. I think a midfield of Ugarte, Mainoo and Bruno will work just fine. I think he'll just take on the Casemiro role this season - been chatting with some folks about Ten Hag potentially rejigging the midfield to get Mainoo as the DLP / #6 and Ugarte some license to press high up similar to Fred but I don't think that will happen. Ugarte will be the deeper of the two.

Mainoo also has developed a decent recovery run in the event Ugarte gets caught high up the field. He's been getting back quite quickly to prevent counters for England.

In build-up we'll make a 3-2 like so:

-----------Mainoo -- Ugarte --------------
---- Shaw --- Martinez -- De Ligt ----
--------------- Onana --------------

Enough technical ability and press resistance there to take it forward. Just have to keep everyone fit and firing. The only thing to be wary about is if Casemiro stays and the potential drama that might ensue from dropping him to the subs bench to play Ugarte. Realistically what I'd want for this summer is:

DM: Ugarte / Amrabat (Casemiro out for 40m or so)
CM1: Neves / Mainoo
AM: Bruno / Mount

The Neves links have died out unfortunately but despite pleading poverty all summer, I think we'll pull the trigger if we can get him for 70m or so.

Within the context of the sheer speed and violence of the Brazil game, his passing was pretty good. Got it forward a few times to the #10 (obviously important for us with Bruno being by far our best attacking player) and stats check out (20% better than his partner at CM - Valverde - in terms of competing passes). Nothing spectacular, but did look capable.

Why would they want to sell him for lets say £10-12 million less and helping to pay his wages at a new club?

His book value is likely between £30 mill and £35 mill. At anything above £35 mill, the club would make a profit. That being said, even if the club made a loss on him and got rid of his wages it would enable the club to spend quite alot on a new midfielder. Maybe even two.

I struggle to get excited about a midfielder who's strong point isn't their ability to pass the ball accurately and with volume.

He has consistently high pass completion.

And, y'know... is a defensive midfielder.
Yeah, really weird post. One of his strong points… is very high passing percentage and a high amount of passes per game…?

Love that we’re working on 3 signings at once. We’re actually gonna get some signings cheaper than their clubs wanted.

I struggle to get excited about a midfielder who's strong point isn't their ability to pass the ball accurately and with volume.
Thanks to Pep, if your passes per game aren't a similar number to Rodri or peak-Busquets, then you're not an exciting midfielder. Can't wait until he fecks off from the Premier League and his style of play goes with it.

Last edited:
EXCLUDED
@le10sport
: Big progress for Manchester United in the Manuel Ugarte case! Optimism in the English board to close the case Offer of €45 million + bonus Final decision from Luis Enrique expected...

What is happening, am I being suckered into believing a lot of nonsense again or are we really faxing bids all over the continent on Ashworth's pristine quantum computer fax machine.

Not sure what tier le 10 are and this guy but wouldn't surprise me.

I think it gets done.

Hopefully

Zirkzee
De Ligt
Ugarte

Fantastic start , great names. All potential starters.

Branthwaite can't see it.

Not sure what tier le 10 are and this guy but wouldn't surprise me.

I think it gets done.

Hopefully

Zirkzee
De Ligt
Ugarte

Fantastic start , great names. All potential starters.

Branthwaite can't see it.

A start? That's £120m+ excluding Branthwaite. We'd be done after that, surely? Zirkzee, De Ligt and Ugarte would effectively replace Martial, Varane and, presumably, Casemiro (with some hefty wage savings a nice ancillary benefit and fees from Greenwood and hopefully Sancho helping to offset the outgoing transfer payments).

A start? That's £120m+ excluding Branthwaite. We'd be done after that, surely? Zirkzee, De Ligt and Ugarte would effectively replace Martial, Varane and, presumably, Casemiro (with some hefty wage savings a nice ancillary benefit and fees from Greenwood and hopefully Sancho helping to offset the outgoing transfer payments).
With sales and wages offloaded I think we'd have another signing in us

With sales and wages offloaded I think we'd have another signing in us
Feel we still need another midfielder.

Tbh we need a lot of new players but I would sort the midfield and CBs first.

We're probably signing 5-6 players this summer.

Ugarte, De Ligt, Zirkzee

Then
Another CM
Another CB
LB?

Expecting:
MG, Sancho, Casemiro, Pellistri, Maguire/Lindelof, AWB? Eriksen, Casemiro all to go potentially.

Can't help but think Ugarte is the most important signing for us to acquire this summer. Get it done!

We're probably signing 5-6 players this summer.

Ugarte, De Ligt, Zirkzee

Then
Another CM
Another CB
LB?

Expecting:
MG, Sancho, Casemiro, Pellistri, Maguire/Lindelof, AWB? Eriksen, Casemiro all to go potentially.

The new Ineos guys are pretty good, but even they can't sell Casemiro twice in the same window.

Status
Not open for further replies.